Post Match Leicester 2 Middlesbrough 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard gets on for sheer nuisance value. Last night they had to stick two men on him constantly to deal with our inevitable long ball assault at the end of the game. He had one or two excellent flick ons and (for once) actually found his own players with them

He's not mobile, and will never score a ruck of goals - but in the last ten minutes he can be a right pain in the neck for the opposition centre backs and free up space for other players, and I fully expect Pearson to continue to use him in that way

[]
Whether you are 16 or 26 you have to deal with all kinds of play if you want to make your way in this game 10/15 mins of that should have shown him that there are many facets in playing football ...if you want to suceed, it is the only way to develop your game

Last edited:
[]
Whether you are 16 or 26 you have to deal with all kinds of play if you want to make your way in this game 10/15 mins of that should have shown him that there are many facets in playing football ...if you want to suceed, it is the only way to develop your game

Agree up to a point. His intro in the Swindon game was his first taste of 1st team action.
With the players we now have on board, there is no need to rush him (Like I felt was happening with JS due to a distinct lack of viable options).

Been a while since a striker performance that skillful was seen down the Walkers. Beckford's finish was very, very good....his volleys were Van Basten/Bergkamp homages and a curved beauty made their goalie pull off the best save of the game.

Howard gets on for sheer nuisance value. Last night they had to stick two men on him constantly to deal with our inevitable long ball assault at the end of the game. He had one or two excellent flick ons and (for once) actually found his own players with them

He's not mobile, and will never score a ruck of goals - but in the last ten minutes he can be a right pain in the neck for the opposition centre backs and free up space for other players, and I fully expect Pearson to continue to use him in that way

I do not know who you are, but you are making far too accurate an assessment of our Super Stevie to be Homer. Please leave and let us have our Homeywomeypants back!

I was genuinely getting angry by the fifth time he lumped it straight back to them. Take a touch, and lay it off. Stop trying a 50 yard diagonal pass, as you can't do them.

I agree. With Morgan on the bench and Bamba die back soon I am not sure he deserves to keep his place.

It is clear that we were better in the 2nd half but I would say that came after the two substitutes came on. I was especially impressed by Danny Drinkwater.

Been a while since a striker performance that skillful was seen down the Walkers. Beckford's finish was very, very good....his volleys were Van Basten/Bergkamp homages and a curved beauty made their goalie pull off the best save of the game.

Where's that then? :102:

Bloody hell, DG! I know some don't rate him on here, but that's a bit harsh.

A combination of an old keyboard where most of the letters are faded and my "hunt and find" method of typing.
I do rate Bamba.With all due respect to Brian Deane I enjoy watching Bamba more than any other recent Leicester player.

Yesterday was a first for an opposition manager as far as I can remember..
When the crowd were chanting "You don't know what you're doing" at the referee Tony Mowbray applauded the Kop.

It was ironic that Nigel should be the manager sent off since in the first half I wondered whether that would happen to Mowbray who was continually going berserk at the referee, the linesman and the 4th official. Perhaps because they had a common enemy relations between the two benches seemed exceptionally friendly.

I had a great deal of sympathy for the 4th official. He looked like a garden gnome and was trying to calm down two very aggressive big men. I wonder what the 4th official thought of the refereeing.

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, but is there any legitimate avenue a club can take to complain about the standard of refereeing? His actions and decisions on the pitch were awful and coupled with the fact he entered the home teams dressing room unannounced (which, if not a sin by technicality of law, is very discourteous) made me wonder if there is any recourse for a football club to make a complaint?

Nobody has mentioned the attempted pitch invasion by somebody from the Kop immediately after our second goal. Anybody know where he was heading?

Nah it was definitely a bloke as he is friends with one of the women in my office.

Definitely a chap, he was getting a bit of a working over from the stewards too outside the ground when I walked past.

A working over?

That's what he said..........I would guess the stewards were just trying to keep warm by using him as a punchbag.

I would have had the Phone out and videoed the incident, get the power seekers before the courts just like the lad who went on the pitch will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669