Post Match Leicester 2 Middlesbrough 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Becks hit his shot that smacked the crossbar, reminded me of a certain Stan Collymore.
Stan's first in the hat trick against Sunderland, albeit from the right side of the area, and of course wet in ;)

BBC report here makes Becks goal sound nothing like what happened.
I thought he took it very well

I know, I couldn't believe it when they referred to it as a simple tap in. Far from it. They also neglected to mention his volley that hit the bar. Really poor journalism

From the TV pictures it didn't look deliberate, it looked like there was hardly any contact and SSL was trying to get him sent off.

Have to agree with you on the deliberateness of the elbow. The player definitely didn't swing the arm. Couldn't comment on whether St Ledger was trying to buy a sending off as the quality of my stream wasn't great.

For those that did not see it, that 'simple tap-in' was 5 yards along the goal-line, through an 18 inch gap between the goalie and the post.

Beckford (formerly known by me as lazy git), was immense tonight. Unlucky not to get a hat-trick. Dangerous every time he got in the penalty area.

I'm not trying to be picky on purpose, but 5 yards is 15feet, it was maybe 2 yards tops. Still a cracking goal.

For those that did not see it, that 'simple tap-in' was 5 yards along the goal-line, through an 18 inch gap between the goalie and the post.

Beckford (formerly known by me as lazy git), was immense tonight. Unlucky not to get a hat-trick. Dangerous every time he got in the penalty area.

Their headline/subhead for the article is even wrong.

Jermaine Beckford earned Leicester a late point against Middlesbrough with his fourth goal in six games.

Isn't it actually six in his last four games?

I'm not trying to be picky on purpose, but 5 yards is 15feet, it was maybe 2 yards tops. Still a cracking goal.

I was sitting with NF, right in line with the goal-line. To be honest we could not see how he had got it in from that acute angle. He had very little to aim at.

I'm not trying to be picky on purpose, but from the point that he struck it to the point that it crossed the line was well over 5 yards. At least we agree that it was a cracking goal - though not as cracking as the volley would have been if it had been a couple of inches lower.

I was sitting with NF, right in line with the goal-line. To be honest we could not see how he had got it in from that acute angle. He had very little to aim at.

I'm not trying to be picky on purpose, but from the point that he struck it to the point that it crossed the line was well over 5 yards. At least we agree that it was a cracking goal - though not as cracking as the volley would have been if it had been a couple of inches lower.

Hmm fair enough, 2 yards to the goal, more to the point of crossing the line. I have an issue with yards and their misuse from when we played 5-a-side. The rules required two yards at freekicks, but all of the refs interpreted that as 2 steps because "it's about the same anyway"

When Beckford hit the ball it was only about four or five inches away from the touchline, if that. To get the ball in the goal from there was exceptional skill of the highest order - something which he demonstrated all night long

Officially the closer he got to the goal the harder it was to finish because the ball was spinning away from him and such speed and the angle was always closing down.

We all knew this guy would come good, I'm just glad it was before we shipped him out!

I nearly started a thread about this but then I got carried away so I'll just mention it on here.

Our fans are the biggest bunch of fickle boneheads I have ever come across.

JEERING players with 8 minutes on the clock! Moaning & groaning at a bad pass when we are 1-0 UP!!! CHEERING when Gally was subbed off.

You wouldn't find this up the road at Stoke. They get behind their team and support them. How anybody can justify the noises made after the first bad pass is beyond me.

It must be like a pressure cooker out there and all we do is jolt it up to BOILING!

Don't get me wrong - Gally was awful and all across the team we gave the ball away far too easily but that will never change with jeering and moaning, highly paid or not.

That being said the boys in L1 really started something towards the end and the place was really lifted for the first time in a while. Well done boys!

Fans react to what they see in front of them

Gallagher was complete and utter dogshit, and was lucky to escape with the amount of jeers he did when finally subbed. There should actually have been a standing ovation for the fact that the useless cock was no longer going to be on the pitch

Plenty of fans moan and groan when they see a load of shite - and in the first half we were dreadful

We came out with purpose in the second half and our fans responded with a wonderful wall of noise. The last half hour or so was the best, and most genuine, atmosphere we have had in that stadium for a long time - and that was only with 20,000 in the ground.

Credit where credit is due. I truly detest many of our fans most of the time, but last night in the second half they were excellent. Love that new song, whatever it is, and I could even live with having a feckin' drum in the ground if it is used in the way it was last night

I'm sure your support was simply smashing for the whole ninety minutes, though, Kingy - so fair play to you

Last edited:
Our fans are the biggest bunch of fickle boneheads I have ever come across.

This is true. They have no idea how to support the team. They have no idea how much damage they do.

It was not just one or two who cheered Gallagher's withdrawal; there was a huge swell of approval. They pays their money, they have the right to say/do anything they want apparently.

Boneheads!

Fans react to what they see in front of them

Gallagher was complete and utter dogshit, and was lucky to escape with the amount of jeers he did when finally subbed. There should actually have been a standing ovation for the fact that the useless cock was no longer going to be on the pitch

Plenty of fans moan and groan when they see a load of shite - and in the first half we were dreadful

We came out with purpose in the second half and our fans responded with a wonderful wall of noise. The last half hour or so was the best, and most genuine, atmosphere we have had in that stadium for a long time - and that was only with 20,000 in the ground.

Credit where credit is due. I truly detest many of our fans most of the time, but last night in the second half they were excellent. Love that new song, whatever it is, and I could even live with having a feckin' drum in the ground if it is used in the way it was last night

I'm sure your support was simply smashing for the whole ninety minutes, though, Kingy - so fair play to you

Don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t have started Gallagher yesterday but once the starting 11 walks out you get behind them and behind the managers selection. What use is booing him after a bad touch 5 minutes in? We have another hour of him at the very least! Get behind him, lift his confidence! Don’t have a player subbed off in the second half with his head buried in the grass and a look of utter dismay on his face.

Personally I only lost my temper once – in the second half when for the fifth or sixth time Dyer’s cross didn’t beat the first man.

Don’t have a player subbed off in the second half with his head buried in the grass and a look of utter dismay on his face.

Nothing less than he deserved, in my humble opinion

If he never plays for us again, it will be too soon

Drinkwater a breath of fresh air when he came on just shows what ability and mobility can do to a midfield, if he can do this in games then perhaps our strikers will get more ammunition,although there were some poor performances on the pitch, the attitude is getting better.
Why did Howard get on ? I would sooner see that lad Hopper than him, at least he's mobile enough to cause a little bother to teams as Howard contributes very little

Drinkwater a breath of fresh air when he came on just shows what ability and mobility can do to a midfield, if he can do this in games then perhaps our strikers will get more ammunition,although there were some poor performances on the pitch, the attitude is getting better.
Why did Howard get on ? I would sooner see that lad Hopper than him, at least he's mobile enough to cause a little bother to teams as Howard contributes very little

Middlesboro were bruisers, it was right not to expose Hopper to that.
His time will come.

Was the game a bit tight? I'd imagine the lad needs a bit of space to work in.

Middlesboro were bruisers, it was right not to expose Hopper to that.
His time will come.

Would expect the 16 for Saturday to be plus Marshall and minus Howard, how much he changes the starting midfield 4 we will have to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669