Post Match Leicester 2 Middlesbrough 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What got me today was the total inability to pass the ball unless it was 2 yards and the extremely poor first touch shown by nearly all of them.

I mentioned in the pre-match thread that I didn't fancy Fuchs against Traore and it would have been a good idea to have either Musa or Schlupp in front of him. The left side of Boro's defence is very suspect but it wasn't exploited, it even got to the point where Fabio and Ramirez were more of a threat to Simpson. Once it became apparent what was happening to Fuchs and that Mahrez wasn't really going to be in the game it would have been an idea to put Musa on, take Mahrez off and switch Albrighton to the right side. I know that something similar happened but I would have liked to have seen it at half time.

Once it became apparent what was happening to Fuchs and that Mahrez wasn't really going to be in the game

I agree but it would be unusual to announce your subs months before the game ;)

Once again that was ****ing abysmal. How is this largely the same team that did so well last year?

Zieler is so ****ing bad. Both goals today I get the impression Kasper might actually have saved them. As with the ranged efforts conceded against Watford and Brugge. He can't dive, kick, command... get rid asap.

All four defenders were pitiful again. Almost feel sorry for Ranieri as he hasn't got the options to change anything at the back really. Can't even be arsed to go into the rest.

Deserved nothing and got a point, albeit at home against one of our relegation rivals. Middlesboro' must be absolutely gutted. Two soft as you like penalties.

Desparately in need of some defence and midfield reinforcements/changes.

The crowd stunk more than any of the players, just flat from the first minute and getting on event back and jeering and ironic cheering Zieler was vile only 4 days after one of the greatest achievements in the club's history and from kick off there was just nothing but negativity from a large section of the crowd.. Our players are clearly lacking confidence atm. We're really not helping them.

It's not that long ago we were in League One ffs. Some of our fans have become spoilt.

Middlesbrough did such a great job at pressing that they allowed us little time on the ball, and hence we kept giving the ball away. On the rare occasion we did get time on the ball, there was so little movement from anyone and no passing options at all. Worst performance for a long long time.

It baffles me as to how anyone can think Amartey had a good game. He was practically anonymous and more often than not just stood there scratching his arse.

I can't think of anyone who came out of the match with any credit.

Not seen the game or any highlights but doesn't sound great...

Maybe clutching at straws to be optimistic here, but as bad as the performance sounds, should we be happy in taking a point from a game where we were very poor by all accounts?

And also, is there a hope that snatching such a late equaliser to avoid defeat might give the players a lift?

Things need to get better, but right now it's hard to see how without new recruits because I think the midfield is causing so much of the problem. A lot of the rest is a knock on from that.

Great to see Matty James back in the squad. Let's hope he's ready to start soon.

I've been saying this week we need 4 points from these 2 games (Boro and Sunderland) or we will really be in the fight against relegation. Pick up those 4 points and we can maybe start to push on. Let's hope we win next week then...

The crowd stunk more than any of the players, just flat from the first minute and getting on event back and jeering and ironic cheering Zieler was vile only 4 days after one of the greatest achievements in the club's history and from kick off there was just nothing but negativity from a large section of the crowd.. Our players are clearly lacking confidence atm. We're really not helping them.

It's not that long ago we were in League One ffs. Some of our fans have become spoilt.
Don't agree, I thought the crowd stayed with them all the way, they did in the Kop anyway.

I usually hate it when fans get on the players backs but today I couldn't blame anyone for doing it, they were totally inept and way below what is acceptable from such a team.

What a ridiculous statement. These are the same fans that have been absolutely magnificent for the last eighteen months, home and away. Their noise, passion and encouragement cannot be questioned. The fans are still there fully prepared and waiting for something, anything, to get behind.

It is not the fans that failed to prepare themselves for this season properly. It is not the fans that have completely lost the plot performance-wise over the last three months. It is not the fans that got massive pay hikes, new cars, wonderful pre-season trips and extraordinary adulation. It is not the fans that have forgotten who they are.

Claudio and his backroom team, need to act and act fast, conceding 2 per game including some very soft goals, lightweight in midfield with little in the way of creativity and with the exception of penalties we are powderpuff up front.

Last season the team picked itself, as did the tactics, shape and formation, however clearly this season the approach isn't working yet there seems to be a real reluctance to try some thing different, despite piss poor performances and results a number of players seem undroppable and there seems to be a stubbornness of epic proportions to not change the shape / formation of the team in the premier league.

If you look at the two goals Amartey and King were at fault more so Amartey especially the 2nd the sad thing is Armartey is not a defender and is being hammered for putting in a shift in a position he is not suited for!

Sunderland is the acid test I am nervous because we are being destroyed in central midfield

If you look at the two goals Amartey and King were at fault more so Amartey especially the 2nd the sad thing is Armartey is not a defender and is being hammered for putting in a shift in a position he is not suited for!

Sunderland is the acid test I am nervous because we are being destroyed in central midfield

Ever heard of a comma or a full stop?

What a ridiculous statement. These are the same fans that have been absolutely magnificent for the last eighteen months, home and away. Their noise, passion and encouragement cannot be questioned. The fans are still there fully prepared and waiting for something, anything, to get behind.

It is not the fans that failed to prepare themselves for this season properly. It is not the fans that have completely lost the plot performance-wise over the last three months. It is not the fans that got massive pay hikes, new cars, wonderful pre-season trips and extraordinary adulation. It is not the fans that have forgotten who they are.

TBH, the fans forgot who they were last season. Not enough moaning for true Leicester Fans.

It won't be easy to attract players of the required quality to make a difference. But there is a stench of negativity around which won't help either. Best to keep this material from the players. A win at Sunderland will ensure minds and comments become a bit more balanced.

The media in these parts is still mis-reporting that the fixture was drawn 2-2.

Obviously this wasn't the correct result unless certain posters have had some sort of mental breakdown.

What was the actual result please?

The media in these parts is still mis-reporting that the fixture was drawn 2-2.

Obviously this wasn't the correct result unless certain posters have had some sort of mental breakdown.

What was the actual result please?
0-10 Zieler scored 5 own goals.

Thanks - only 5.

I thought every goal conceded by us was by default accredited to Zieler. I'm still puzzling why he didn't save that soft shot last Tuesday night by heading the ball beyond the halfway line setting up a counter attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566