Post Match Leicester 2 Rennes 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soyuncu looked crap a month ago, but Rodgers has told him to do the 40 yard passes to either Barnes or Albrighton instead of the tippy tappy crap at the back. He now looks a much better player.

So let’s get this right. For the second goal, Lookman does brilliantly, Iheanacho ****s it up with a hilariously shit clown feet touch, Maddison does well before running straight into a defender and ****ing it up, Tielemans gets the ball and does well, Albrghton with a lovely pass and then that same Nacho who was so unutterably shit 5 seconds earlier, finishes absolutely brilliantly.

He really is so Nacho.
We scored, who gives a fuch how it gets there?

Rennes were technically better than us but they couldn't create clear cut chances. Schmeichel had one easy save in the game.

We rode our luck once again. Very mediocre from most of them but somehow we got over the line with hard working players just giving their all.

Albrighton was head and shoulders our best player. Filling in for his right back, supporting the midfield constantly, then putting in crosses. And he scored one and assisted the other.

The central defenders did a decent job. I don't think anyone else played anywhere near their best. Barnes made the first goal with a wonderful run but was otherwise awful.

Two nil is an excellent score though. A great advantage for the second leg. Hopefully, we'll save most of the players on Sunday so they're fresh for France as they'll give us a much tougher game there. This is far from over.

Oh, and BR was wearing his Euro trousers again. They must be lucky because they sure don't fit him.

Final point is that I can say with 100% certainty that Mike Stowell is our set piece coach. He ran the whole thing from the sideline, including several 'almost shit himself' moments. He directed players throughout and nobody else from the coaching staff had any input.

Rennes were technically better than us but they couldn't create clear cut chances. Schmeichel had one easy save in the game.

We rode our luck once again. Very mediocre from most of them but somehow we got over the line with hard working players just giving their all.

Albrighton was head and shoulders our best player. Filling in for his right back, supporting the midfield constantly, then putting in crosses. And he scored one and assisted the other.

The central defenders did a decent job. I don't think anyone else played anywhere near their best. Barnes made the first goal with a wonderful run but was otherwise awful.

Two nil is an excellent score though. A great advantage for the second leg. Hopefully, we'll save most of the players on Sunday so they're fresh for France as they'll give us a much tougher game there. This is far from over.

Oh, and BR was wearing his Euro trousers again. They must be lucky because they sure don't fit him.

Final point is that I can say with 100% certainty that Mike Stowell is our set piece coach. He ran the whole thing from the sideline, including several 'almost shit himself' moments. He directed players throughout and nobody else from the coaching staff had any input.
If Kasper had only 1 easy save to make, how did we ride our luck?

Enjoyed tonight, the atmosphere was positive and lively and we scored a couple of nice goals. The assist from Barnes was magnificent and what a hit from Albrighton, thrilling goal to watch.

A very pissed bloke in a Rennes shirt asked me for directions to a hotel but I couldn’t really understand what he was trying to say. I asked him ‘Allez vous?’ and pointed at the Travelodge over the road (Highcross) and he said ‘No French. I come for game but no French’ He sounded Spanish and a plastic pint from the ground in each hand.

****ed if I know.

Last edited:
Enjoyed tonight, the atmosphere was positive and lively and we scored a couple of nice goals. The assist from Barnes was magnificent and what a hit from Albrighton, thrilling goal to watch.

A very pissed bloke in a Rennes shirt asked me for directions to a hotel but I couldn’t really understand what he was trying to say. I asked him ‘Allez vous?’ and pointed at the Travelodge over the road (Highcross) and he said ‘No French. I come for game but no French’ He sounded Spanish and a plastic pint from the ground in each hand.

****ed if I know.
I saw a very pissed one walking down narborough rd heading out of town near imperial AVE.
Yet he was trying to reach the cathedral if my ears served me correctly.
He asked how long.
20 minutes the other way and to the right I said.
Hope he got to where he wanted, but I doubt it!

Great result and a very good performance especially from the back 4. Rennes started strongly and we were fortunate not to fall behind with all the pressure. Once we got in front, we pushed on and looked the better side. Rennes are technically excellent but lacked a cutting edge. The 2nd goal should and could be the defining moment of the tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566