Post Match Leicester 2 Rennes 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were better than us but we were clinical and they weren't.

The score line flattered us.
You didn't watch the game did you?

Were you looking at Brendan and his coaching staff again?

First 20 minutes I was worried, they controlled the ball distribution, tempo and space very well and managed to get the ball to the edge of our penalty area very effectively without really threatening the goal.

For the rest of the half we were better and grew into the game well. They had one shot that slid past Kasper's left hand post, bar that, we defended very well.

Second half for the most part we were terrific. We controlled the pace much better and closed them down very well. We defended our 1-0 HT advantage very well again and didn't push it too much.

Overall 1-0 was probably (bearing in mind the overall possession) the right result but our substitutions in both timing and personnel were absolutely spot on, so a team defending a 0-1 always runs the risk of conceding a second goal.

To summarise, they were a very good team but didn't really play to their full potential in terms of 'in front of goal' but they were still very effective. Playing a team of that quality will always result in them creating, but, last night we nullified that brilliantly.

We were the better team, and were not lucky. We deserved a lead and are edging the overall tie, just. We will need another goal at their gaff I believe to progress.

I sometimes think you go to the game in a blindfold and the guess what happened just for a laugh.

One of the differences between us is that I go to the games.

For an independent view, the BBC report from the game includes comments such as;

"the hosts..struggled to contain a lively Rennes side"

"against fluent opponents who will feel aggrieved to have left the East Midlands empty-handed"

Rennes "enjoyed several excellent spells"

Rennes's "early dominance", "missed excellent chances", City "survived several shaky moments".

All of which is accurate. We scored two excellent goals and got a great result. However, the result did not reflect the relative quality of the two sides.

For an independent view, the BBC report from the game includes comments such as;

"against fluent opponents who will feel aggrieved to have left the East Midlands empty-handed"

Rennes's "early dominance", "missed excellent chances", City "survived several shaky moments".

All of which is accurate. We scored two excellent goals and got a great result. However, the result did not reflect the relative quality of the two sides.
Did you look at the player ratings on the BBC?

For me Barnes was patchy. Outstanding numerous times but a little loose on others.

Albrightons work rate was simply phenomenal. He's never been a top player but he's made up for that by having the heart of a lion.
If Barnes had Albrightons work rate he would be playing for all of the top sides in Europe if he can add work rate to his game he will be phenomenal. Albrighton always seems to be a 7/10 in most games which is amazing, he is definitely the consummate professional.

If Barnes had Albrightons work rate he would be playing for all of the top sides in Europe if he can add work rate to his game he will be phenomenal. Albrighton always seems to be a 7/10 in most games which is amazing, he is definitely the consummate professional.
Barnes has a bad work rate is a completely mad take.

Every time I’ve seen him he’s working his arse off. Crazy times.

He’s a completely different player to Albrighton. Barnes is an attacker, if he spends the entire game chasing after people he won’t have the energy to consistently rinse defenders with his pace.

It’s not like he stands on the half way line scratching his arse when we’re defending anyway. He tracks back but he’s always aware of being the out ball for a counter, there’s no sense in him following the right back all the way to the corner flag.

He can go missing in games but I think he’s been excellent for the last few games.

He’s a completely different player to Albrighton. Barnes is an attacker, if he spends the entire game chasing after people he won’t have the energy to consistently rinse defenders with his pace.

It’s not like he stands on the half way line scratching his arse when we’re defending anyway. He tracks back but he’s always aware of being the out ball for a counter, there’s no sense in him following the right back all the way to the corner flag.

He can go missing in games but I think he’s been excellent for the last few games.
****sake Ted again with the logic?

Repeat after me : Player is either shit, or glorious. Always running or Yakubu. There is no differentiation or middle ground.

Barnes has a bad work rate is a completely mad take.

Every time I’ve seen him he’s working his arse off. Crazy times.
If you watch Barnes and Albrighton you will quickly see what I mean as soon as we lose the ball in the opponents box Albrighton is sprinting back to our box and more importantly he looks to cover his RB. Barnes on the other hand canters back and then drifts inwards (hiding) leaving Thomas exposed, now it may be that BR has said he does not want Barnes coming all the way back so he can exploit a counter attack.

If Albrighton can do it at his age then I see no reason as to why Barnes can not, just look at the second goal last night and look where Albrighton was before he delivered the ball to Nacho. Barnes is absolutely sublime going forward it is the defensive aspect he needs to improve on perhaps I am being overly cynical? The way he controlled the ball and ghosted past their RB for the first goal was like watching Mahrez and he is now picking out players in the box and adding quality to his runs.

I agree he is far more attacking than Albrighton but he has to help out Thomas more and he definitely has the engine and physical stature to do it.

If you watch Barnes and Albrighton you will quickly see what I mean as soon as we lose the ball in the opponents box Albrighton is sprinting back to our box and more importantly he looks to cover his RB. Barnes on the other hand canters back and then drifts inwards (hiding) leaving Thomas exposed, now it may be that BR has said he does not want Barnes coming all the way back so he can exploit a counter attack.

If Albrighton can do it at his age then I see no reason as to why Barnes can not, just look at the second goal last night and look where Albrighton was before he delivered the ball to Nacho. Barnes is absolutely sublime going forward it is the defensive aspect he needs to improve on perhaps I am being overly cynical? The way he controlled the ball and ghosted past their RB for the first goal was like watching Mahrez and he is now picking out players in the box and adding quality to his runs.

I agree he is far more attacking than Albrighton but he has to help out Thomas more and he definitely has the engine and physical stature to do it.

Albrighton tends to held out the right back. On the left side you'll see one of the central midfielders or Soyuncu (who is then covered by Ndidi) helping out. If we are to leave a wide player forward at all times I'd rather it was Barnes than Albrighton.

If we're looking at the second goal, shouldn't we look at the first goal too? I love Albrighton as much as everyone else does, but he wouldn't have done what Barnes did to creat the opportunity which he ended up on the end of.

As do I. Not all of them admittedly and fewer this season than ever before but nonetheless, poor start. Although you see more at the game, I saw more than enough yesterday to know you're talking bollocks. Again.

These quotations all suggest that Rennes were good in spells. They were. I don't have the first clue what your point is. We were equally as excellent in spells. You must have fallen asleep or been too fixated by trousers to notice.
This is your go to line ever since you discovered xG. It's boring and, for yesterday's game, patently untrue.

I honestly don't know what of yours, Barnes has shit in, but you really need to get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566