Post Match Leicester 2 Stoke 0

Win your home games and win your away games. That's promotion form.

Should have been a more comfortable scoreline but was a very comfortable win.

Preston comfortably behind at Ipswich, which puts ten points between first and third already. Solid.

Seeing Vardy and Nacho on the scoresheet in a run-of-the-mill 2-0 home win during a promotion campaign has some serious Deane and Dickov vibes to it.

Bog standard Enzo win.

Have to take some time to praise Vestergaard. He was absolutely brilliant today. He’s so good with the ball at his feet. Mad to say it, it’s possible he’s our most important player at the moment. Different gravy.

Casadei was much more like the player I thought we signed, disruptive, physical, good engine. More to come from him.

Credit to Hamza too, playing left back.

Teams are showing up scared of us now.

22 points clear of relegation.

Bog standard Enzo win.

Have to take some time to praise Vestergaard. He was absolutely brilliant today. He’s so good with the ball at his feet. Mad to say it, it’s possible he’s our most important player at the moment. Different gravy.

Casadei was much more like the player I thought we signed, disruptive, physical, good engine. More to come from him.

Credit to Hamza too, playing left back.

Teams are showing up scared of us now.

22 points clear of relegation.
Bonkers isn't it!

Yep, Vestergaard is fantastic in this system and style of play. He's a wonderful footballer.

Edit - I can't believe I've just typed that!

Assuming your legs haven’t gone, a little bit of Prem experience clearly goes a very long way in the champ these days.

The second goal was a thing of beauty.

Yep, Vestergaard is fantastic in this system and style of play. He's a wonderful footballer.

Edit - I can't believe I've just typed that!
He was always a good player. He'd shown it time and time again. We were trying to shoehorn him into a system thatnhe couldn't possibly have ever succeeded in.

In the Blues Bar right now. Having a drink. Absolutely ****ing beautiful. Wasn't pretty but we fought and played well. We took 2 of our chances and buried them. Brilliant.

KDH was rubbish

We're still a bit crap

It was really boring

Something about a system in funny phonetic spelling

Nacho can't play this system but he's the best striker we've ever, ever had.

We were shit. Stoke were shit. All football is shit.
In all seriousness, reflections?

How many points needed to avoid relegation? Surely staying up?

In all seriousness, reflections?

I sat there today thinking that this is what it must be like supporting Man City.

The opposition turn up with a plan for little more than damage limitation. We have overwhelming possession with occasional moments of quality football that make all the difference. Another three points.

It's rarely thrilling but it takes two to tango and we're not going to have a partner to perform with very often this season. We've got at least two full elevens that would be good enough to get promotion because our budget is still a mid-table PL one.

We're about a quarter of the way through the season and we're a third of the way to promotion. EM is doing everything expected of him and more. The players look happy and together. The fans are enjoying the easy wins. Fair play to all involved.

I can't say that I've ever once envied Man City fans though. Winning when you're supposed to is better than losing I guess.

We were excellent again in patches but in complete control all the way through. Nacho led the line well enough and Casadei had his best game for us. MotM for me was either Vestergaard or Hamza who both played some lovely stuff.

I don't think Souttar was bad at all. He isn't as mobile as Doyle obviously but he's a good defender and made some decent challenges.

Overall, anyone moaning about what we are achieving at the moment can go **** themselves. It's not boring to watch how controlled we are or to watch some of our passing and moving. It's great. Knowing that, at any moment, we can split teams open and score wonderful goals like our second today and our last two against Preston is exciting in itself.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563