Post Match Leicester 2 Stoke 0

I sat there today thinking that this is what it must be like supporting Man City.

The opposition turn up with a plan for little more than damage limitation. We have overwhelming possession with occasional moments of quality football that make all the difference. Another three points.

It's rarely thrilling but it takes two to tango and we're not going to have a partner to perform with very often this season. We've got at least two full elevens that would be good enough to get promotion because our budget is still a mid-table PL one.

We're about a quarter of the way through the season and we're a third of the way to promotion. EM is doing everything expected of him and more. The players look happy and together. The fans are enjoying the easy wins. Fair play to all involved.

I can't say that I've ever once envied Man City fans though. Winning when you're supposed to is better than losing I guess.
This completely sums up where I am.

A few weeks ago I thought this must be what being a Man City fan feels like. And I’ve never wanted to be one because Man City fans must be the most bored of all Premier League teams.

I don’t want to turn up and see teams just set up for damage limitation and it not really be a contest. But that’s what it will be this season considering the budget size and the almost embarrassment of quality we have throughout the starting lineup and the substitutes bench.

But credit where it’s due…budget doesn’t automatically equal league position, which is why Leeds and Southampton are nowhere near the top 2, whereas Ipswich are.

It’s incredibly difficult when you come up against teams like that - a horrible shitbag team who stick all eleven men in their own eighteen yard box and hope you can’t find the net

The good thing about this City side is that they are incredibly patient, and don’t play overly risky balls just because a few miserable ****s in the crowd aren’t entertained or shout at them to lump it up. It’s a sign of an incredibly well coached collection of very confident players who all know exactly what they’re doing. I think it’s fabulous to watch.

Should have been four or five really , and it would have been justice to send home such a dreadfully unimaginative team with a right good thrashing, but it is what it is.

Hamza was outstanding today - a far far better bet than Justin in that position. Vestergaard was magnificent - it was like this system was created specifically for him. Undroppable, in my opinion. Credit too for Casadei, Ricky P, Winks and Nacho, who were all a cut above. All of the wingers struggled a bit, although Yunus gets a pass because he had a clodhopping oaf behind him whose passing was always too slow and always behind him, meaning he had little choice to cut back inside rather than do whst he wants to do.

Whivh brings me to Souttar. He may well be a decent enough Championship defender for most teams in this league, but he is a squillionty miles away from being able to play our style of football. He was slow, he dwelt in the ball rather than move it quickly, and his passing was ****ing awful. Dreadful stuff, and really held us back today.

A special little word again for Ndidi, who came onto the pitch late and looked like a ****ing footballing genius. Yes he missed a sitter but, ****ing hell, his movement and runs were simply magnificent. It is astonishing to see, really.

Ten points clear of third with a plus 19 goal difference is truly extraordinary. What a ****ing season this is.

I feel like the wheels may fall off Preston a bit now.

On the subject of Preston, I was watching the ‘Get Back’ documentary the other day. Billy Preston was a bit good wasn’t he.

This completely sums up where I am.

A few weeks ago I thought this must be what being a Man City fan feels like. And I’ve never wanted to be one because Man City fans must be the most bored of all Premier League teams.

I don’t want to turn up and see teams just set up for damage limitation and it not really be a contest. But that’s what it will be this season considering the budget size and the almost embarrassment of quality we have throughout the starting lineup and the substitutes bench.

But credit where it’s due…budget doesn’t automatically equal league position, which is why Leeds and Southampton are nowhere near the top 2, whereas Ipswich are.
Manchester City have played some sensational football and scored some unbelievable goals over the past two seasons. I'm sure their fans enjoy it.

Who gives a **** about them or their fans though? Just enjoy how we're playing. It's patient, it's organised, it's neat and some of the goals we are scoring are exceptional.

Anyone who's bored watching us should really, really get another hobby or support a different team.

Manchester City have played some sensational football and scored some unbelievable goals over the past two seasons. I'm sure their fans enjoy it.

Who gives a **** about them or their fans though? Just enjoy how we're playing. It's patient, it's organised, it's neat and some of the goals we are scoring are exceptional.

Anyone who's bored watching us should really, really get another hobby or support a different team.
We are either ripping teams apart or making me very nervous. Can’t say boredom is in there.

Stoke were Stoke. All that's changed is Pulis appears to either put on a few pounds or it wasn't him filling the dugout.

I generally hate possession football (thanks Brendan). But there's purpose to ours and anytime we hit half way there's a pass for an opening. We wasted loads of them openings today but wouldn't say it was boring. Could and probably should have scored more. The only thing i agree isn't exciting is knowing you've won once you've gone 1-0 up.....but that's Stoke to blame and not Snide Pep. Similar issues that other sides have when there's such a gulf i suppose.

Ah the classic Pop “get another hobby” line when someone sees things a bit differently to him.

I’ve much preferred my away trips this season where we have still shown exceptional quality but the home team set up a lot less cowardly than they do when they come to our place. But yes get another hobby yada yada yada…

The only thing i agree isn't exciting is knowing you've won once you've gone 1-0 up
You can’t say that. Support another team! Get another hobby!

Vestergaard was magnificent - it was like this system was created specifically for him. Undroppable, in my opinion.
Simply astonishing to see this kind of thing written down. I loved the comment earlier by someone that he was the signing of the summer.

BR’s weaknesses can’t be more evident than how he mismanaged the two years he was here.

BR’s weaknesses can’t be more evident than how he mismanaged the two years he was here.
I think most of us agree with that sentiment - but that was in the PL. Let's see how Enzo does when he gets us back there.

Ah the classic Pop “get another hobby” line when someone sees things a bit differently to him.

I’ve much preferred my away trips this season where we have still shown exceptional quality but the home team set up a lot less cowardly than they do when they come to our place. But yes get another hobby yada yada yada…
Ah the classic CF misunderstanding. I'd read things a tad more carefully save more moments like this.

Still, it's funny when you do it and make yourself look even more of a prick though :043:

I can understand BN’s sentiment.

We aren’t 100 miles an hour ‘Red Arrows” football as we were under CR for that season.

What we forget is that style of play had s one season shelf life, even shorter if you have a good memory as the back end of the 15/16 season was filled with clean sheets (not you Homer) and more 1-0’s than at the beginning.

At the very beginning of this tenure I said that I embraced the new system and fully support EM in recruiting and retaining players who fit the same.

Imagine a Maddison in this system or a Barnes firing on all cylinders. We are less than 1/4 of the way through this and whatever the style of play the results are exceptional particularly given the system and lack of players in key positions.

If we are fortunate to be promoted then we will have had 50 odd games to gel and get used to this and I am certain any possible recruitment this close season would be targeted to 2 or 3 key positions and players.

What is also evident is that if we were promoted we would have half a season as a surprise to teams and I don’t believe the PL overall would be in fear of us as is the case at present.

EM is building not just for this season but in my opinion for the two after it at least.

The plan is great and we need to be patient because at present what wouldn’t we bearing in mind our remarkable metamorphosis?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563