Post Match Leicester 2 Swansea 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinji has definitely had a flying start to the season.

Think him and Drinkwater have been our 2 best players so far this season. With Simpson not too far behind as a commendable 3rd.

Okazaki has played very well but he never looks like scoring.

Okazaki has played very well but he never looks like scoring.

So what? We look a much better side with him in.

He's playing as a defensive forward, he constantly drops back and covers Mahrez' position when he's joining the attack, he allows Vardy more attacking freedom to play off the last man as Shinji does a lot of the pressing he used to do for Nugent/Ulloa under Pearson.

People really need to rid this rigid idea we have in England that certain roles have to do certain and very specific things.

Shinji isn't in the team primarily to score goals, he's in the team to give Vardy and Mahrez more attacking freedom to score goals and to press the opposition and he's done that brilliantly so far and we clearly missed that against Hull and we've clearly benefitted from that in the other games.

People need to rid themselves of the idea that because he's a forward he has to score goals, he doesn't. He has to contribute to our team winning football games - be it offensively or defensively, on the ball or off the ball and contribute to our system and I definitely think he's done that superbly so far.

I have never been the biggest Okazaki fan, but my eyes have really opened this season - he has been terrific, and his absence was very noticeable at Norwich. I don't know whether he has improved this season, or whether it has just dawned on me the value that he brings. Either way, he's a major asset for us.

However, I do think we still need another striker with our European commitments this season. Musa still needs time to adapt to English football, and I'm not convinced by Ulloa any more. Slimani would be a great addition.

So what? We look a much better side with him in.

He's playing as a defensive forward, he constantly drops back and covers Mahrez' position when he's joining the attack, he allows Vardy more attacking freedom to play off the last man as Shinji does a lot of the pressing he used to do for Nugent/Ulloa under Pearson.

People really need to rid this rigid idea we have in England that certain roles have to do certain and very specific things.

Shinji isn't in the team primarily to score goals, he's in the team to give Vardy and Mahrez more attacking freedom to score goals and to press the opposition and he's done that brilliantly so far and we clearly missed that against Hull and we've clearly benefitted from that in the other games.

People need to rid themselves of the idea that because he's a forward he has to score goals, he doesn't. He has to contribute to our team winning football games - be it offensively or defensively, on the ball or off the ball and contribute to our system and I definitely think he's done that superbly so far.

I understand all of that. And I appreciate it and Okazaki. Nervertheless Okazaki is often in a position to score and he nearly always fails. That means we could upgrade Okazaki for someone who does his good things but can also score more often. TBH we are looking a little weak in the scoring department so far this season.

Shinji is like the host of a good house party. He's always on the move making sure everyone has a drink and is enjoying the music but rarely stops to enjoy a beer and a dance himself. He selflessly enables everyone else to have a nice time.

It just works better with Okazaki. Isn't broke and doesn't need fixing. Love him.

Well we've only scored 3 goals in 3 games (2 at home). That's not good enough.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but what was it with all the empty seats in the west stand?

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but what was it with all the empty seats in the west stand?

The large empty areas were very apparent yesterday. There was obviously circa 1,000 empty seats in the away end. Then big sections in the West Stand and clear empty areas in the East Stand too.

It's an age old argument but we record the number of tickets sold, not the total attendance. So although we recorded the attendance as 31,727, the true attendance must have been below 30,000.

That's not even mentioning the traditional empty 'kids' seats. Bought cheaply and filled rarely.

probably still on vacation.

I have never been the biggest Okazaki fan [...] his absence was very noticeable at Norwich

He was only missing for 20 minutes of the game. I'm surprised you can remember back to October of last year so clearly.

He was only missing for 20 minutes of the game. I'm surprised you can remember back to October of last year so clearly.

Whoops.

I get confused between the two - the locals have six fingers on each hand in both places.

15328982-large.jpg

I got a photo of lightning this week and a rainbow last week. And this is supposed to be summer! The last 15 minutes was more like synchronised swimming than football. I was just glad they didn't abandon the match due to the failed lighting and the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669