Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrific result. Beating Spurs is always a joyous thing.

We earned it too. Hard graft from several key men really made the difference today. Cags and Evans were hard but fair throughout. Ricardo was excellent. Tielemans and Vardy too.

If you did a one minute highlight reel of Maddison's performance today, it would look exceptional. Pity about the other 89 where he was anonymous. I agreed with Rodgers assessment after the game that he was below par today.

Chilwell too was pretty poor by his standards. He did okay but the space on his side was huge at times and he too often took the easy option. Barnes and Perez were meh, neither did enough to be a solid starter but each is annoyingly close to being good enough.

Ndidi was isolated in midfield a lot. If you couldn't see the gaping holes in our midfield every time we lost possession and they came forward, you are blind. We were fortunate that they largely wasted several good positions by being terrible in midfield.

Overall, Rodgers took a risk today basing his set up on Spurs being vulnerable. He was proved correct. His changes were also well thought out and helped us. Praet did well when he came on I thought.

I hate Harry Kane but fair play, that was one hell of a finish. Son was a class act too. Spurs aren't the team from last season though. They're shaky and we made it pay.

I thought Barnes was far better than meh. When he got the ball something usually happened.

Barnes caused problems but he lacks the end product....not just today. Hopefully that will change.

Ricardo was good today but a few times he belted the ball for a 5 yard pass, no idea why he does that.

“****ing horse shit, mother ****ing **** faced twatwaffle”

My personal favourite

If you did a one minute highlight reel of Maddison's performance today, it would look exceptional. Pity about the other 89 where he was anonymous.
:043:
Sometimes it's just better to hold your hands up and say you got it wrong. Just to add insult to to injury he was also given MotM by BT Sports the shit, useless, handshaking, crowd waving, left wing playing, turdstick.

“****ing horse shit, mother ****ing **** faced twatwaffle”

My personal favourite
‘**** James Maddison with an aids dick’

Ha ha, that is funny

Maddison was excellent today

Silly sod :038:
Of course he was. It's ****ing ludicrous to suggest otherwise. He was on it from minute one and chased down everything he could. He looked a threat everything he was in the ball and Spurs were back-pedalling whenever he ran at them.

Soyuncu was absolutely immense today as was Evans and I thought Perez looked really good. He made a few errors but that's his best shift for us for a while and it allowed Maddison to do his thing. Tielemans was better and Barnes made a nuisance of himself all game.

Chilwell is still a worry for me. He just can't defend at all well enough and his positioning was woeful at times. I still think we'd be better with Fuchs there as, although Chilwell gets forward, his end product has been poor of late. I was also a little disappointed with Ndidi at times who I thought could have been tighter to Lamela who caused us a few issues. There weren't 'gaping holes' at all but Ndidi could have been closer to Lamela at times which would have nullified their biggest threat in midfield.

Brilliant result and a really promising performance.

Ha ha, that is funny

Maddison was excellent today

Silly sod :038:

His goal was outstanding. His jinking run into their box in the first half was great. He also made one really good forward pass in the game - can't remember when that was. There was also one occasion where he held onto possession very well under pressure. And I accept that he was injured for the last few minutes.

However, he didn't do much else except feign injury every time he was challenged (almost always fairly). He did virtually no tracking back - as Rodgers was quick to point out after the game. He didn't help his midfield team mates one bit. Rodgers had to adjust the formation and positioning of other players several times to make up for his disappearing.

He is undoubtedly a talented player. He has the ability from free kicks and he can score and create. He just doesn't do it enough and he offers very little unless he does do something like today.

He was the match winner today but no way was he the best player on the pitch.

I think, because of his current reputation of being so good, that the opposition often are quite wary of J. Maddision because of his potential. It doesn't matter that a lot of times he doesn't manage to do much, they don't notice that, they are just trying to prepare themselves for his 3 mins of pure brilliance.

His goal was outstanding. His jinking run into their box in the first half was great. He also made one really good forward pass in the game - can't remember when that was. There was also one occasion where he held onto possession very well under pressure. And I accept that he was injured for the last few minutes.

However, he didn't do much else except feign injury every time he was challenged (almost always fairly). He did virtually no tracking back - as Rodgers was quick to point out after the game. He didn't help his midfield team mates one bit. Rodgers had to adjust the formation and positioning of other players several times to make up for his disappearing.

He is undoubtedly a talented player. He has the ability from free kicks and he can score and create. He just doesn't do it enough and he offers very little unless he does do something like today.

He was the match winner today but no way was he the best player on the pitch.
Sometimes you do type some shit. He was immense today, his corners were effective, he worked hard, and he was extremely creative.

Seriously, ****ing hell man.

Maddison was good. I don't think he was standout MoM good, but good all the same and you can tell hes getting better and better. Today's goal was something new we've seen from him, a new threat in his repertoire. I do think people tend to bum him a bit, by virtue of being good, English, and good at social media. Every post that he puts up on twitter gets hounded by millions of Glory supporting African Man U fans these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263