Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Europa League is impossible to win? No one can win it ever
I think you were missing my point.
Winning it is very very difficult due to the quality of the opposition. It also takes a lot out of the squad in terms of injuries and fatigue.
Getting into the top 4 the last two seasons would have saved all that struggle surely?

I think you were missing my point.
Winning it is very very difficult due to the quality of the opposition. It also takes a lot out of the squad in terms of injuries and fatigue.
Getting into the top 4 the last two seasons would have saved all that struggle surely?
Winning the Europa League is silverware again. I’d much rather qualify via winning it than coming fourth. Both would be great obviously but winning the Europa League isn’t just qualifying is it?

Winning the Europa League is silverware again. I’d much rather qualify via winning it than coming fourth. Both would be great obviously but winning the Europa League isn’t just qualifying is it?
Like I said earlier, winning silverware is great. Look at the joy the FA cup brought us. However this is extremely difficult or we’d do it every year. Top 4 to get us there instead was not difficult having basically qualified only to totally **** it up

I felt like today was our season in a microcosm.

Started well, got stronger as the first half wore on. But defensive injuries lead to a weakened back line, and individual errors. We then ran out of steam and had no options left to bring on that could make an impact, and that ultimately cost us and meant we couldn't capitalise on the opportunity.

It was disappointing but felt inevitable.

I genuinely think if Fofana hadn't had to go off, we'd be celebrating a top 4 place tonight.

Like I said earlier, winning silverware is great. Look at the joy the FA cup brought us. However this is extremely difficult or we’d do it every year. Top 4 to get us there instead was not difficult having basically qualified only to totally **** it up

Top 4s not easy else we'd have done it a few more times in our history.

It’s all caught up with us. We won the FA up and did okay in Europe. With no break at the end of last season coming into this one was more difficult fir anyone outside the eventual top four.

If someone had the time and inclination to work out how many minutes our key players have missed during the season I bet we will almost be the worst hit team in the PL.

Again today we lost a CB and had to jig our team and any stupid ****er who thinks that even with our best 11 on the pitch we can keep Kane and Song and a player of the calibre of Bake at bay is ****ing stupid.

The only way we win that game is to get 2-3 goals in front and with the personnel at our disposal we had **** all chance of that.

I am as disappointed as anyone, but this season has again seen dramatic progress. A foray into Europe, an FA Cup win and more points than last season.

Our aim next season again has to be improve again. Some people on here are so ****ing entitled they can’t see JUST how fantastically we have done this season.

Perspective, I believe they call it.

Bringing in Papy Mendy from the cold just so that we can put Ndidi at centre back, rather than playing either of the two centre backs we had on the bench.

Another Rodgers tactical masterclass.

Bringing in Papy Mendy from the cold just so that we can put Ndidi at centre back, rather than playing either of the two centre backs we had on the bench.

Another Rodgers tactical masterclass.
Which two centre backs?

In his BBC interview Rodgers bemoaned the lack of height when Mendy replaced Fofana, and then mentioned we conceded two goals from set pieces after.

IT WAS YOUR SUBSTITUTION FFS

Then the suggestion is ****ish
How so?

Do you think it makes more sense to massively weaken our midfield by taking Wilf out of it and putting in a guy who hasn’t played for about 4 months?

How so?

Do you think it makes more sense to massively weaken our midfield by taking Wilf out of it and putting in a guy who hasn’t played for about 4 months?

It makes more sense than playing Wes Morgan who can’t play more than 20 mins and Daniel Amartey who is an average right back at best...

It makes more sense than playing Wes Morgan who can’t play more than 20 mins and Daniel Amartey who is an average right back at best...

Right. Again, it's the best of a bunch of really shit options made a necessity by our growing injury list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263