Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan is obviously a bit crocked and can understand maybe he's there for a 5 minute cameo. But if Amartey can't be trusted to play in defence when he's meant to be a defender then there's absolutely no point even having him on the bench or the club.

What does make me chuckle is some fans (not on here) claiming Spurs would definitely not lure Ted etc etc but also that spurs only turned the game because of the superior quality they brought on.

It makes more sense than playing Wes Morgan who can’t play more than 20 mins and Daniel Amartey who is an average right back at best...
Amartey is an average right back because that's where he is being played. He is a centre half for his national side and what we needed yesterday was for someone to play alongside Cags and let Ndidi do what he does best in midfield. Weakening it midfield game Spurs the ball to attack our weakened defence.
For years we've been talking about how several managers have been playing players out of position ... surely one of the very first rules of management is play your players in their best positions.

Right. Again, it's the best of a bunch of really shit options made a necessity by our growing injury list.
It also speaks volumes as to how BR values his CB options. If he doesn't rate or trust Morgan and Amartey then why are they even on the bench? Why wasn't there a kid there for instance? Or was BR hoping to bring them on so they could say fond farewells? If he knew Fofana was dodgy, BR should have had an option on the bench he was happy to use.

I'm not opposed to Ndidi playing at CB per se but I was opposed to taking him out of the midfield. With the best will in the world, Mendy was not going to replace him.

I think it also speaks to how BR views our squad generally (and maybe rightly) It seems he'd rather flog the life out of first picks (with all the risks it brings) than use the squad to its fullest. He gambles with injury and fatigue.

The game was lost on a poor mistake by Schmeichel when we were winning 2-1 and two decisions by Rodgers the 1st being putting Ndidi in to the CB position which weakened the midfield and allowed spurs to break through at will. The 2nd was taking the only player that was actually creating anything off.
When we were 2-1 up it was in our hands and we blew it.

The game was lost on a poor mistake by Schmeichel when we were winning 2-1 and two decisions by Rodgers the 1st being putting Ndidi in to the CB position which weakened the midfield and allowed spurs to break through at will. The 2nd was taking the only player that was actually creating anything off.
When we were 2-1 up it was in our hands and we blew it.

Pretty much this

Not a clear and obvious mistake by the ref, Hence VAR didn’t overturn it.

Yeah it wasn't a VAR issue. The ref was terrible yesterday and got both penalty calls wrong.
So if VAR was a decent system it would have given the right decision. But it's not, it's shit.

Why was their third allowed? Kane handballed it.

Just watched the goals. Blimey that wasn't a penalty for our second goal was it? Horrible dive from Vardy.
I was trying to work out what the Spurs player actually did - Vardy was the one that linked arms and then flung himself to the ground trying to break free, from the hold he created.

I'd have been fuming with that against us.

Perspective: We won the FA Cup which I am immensely grateful for. Honestly never thought I’d see it happen. Up there as one of the best moments supporting our great club.

As for finishing fifth I am gutted. We dropped a lot of points in the last few weeks. I’m not entitled in any way, what was worked hard for was there for the taking, right up to the last 15 mins.

I like most other fans appreciate that there is a very good chance we won’t get near the top four again and it’s a terrible feeling to have missed out. I hope I am as wrong as I was at this time last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363