Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Maguire. I’d go just to watch him play. So many players in this league look like well trained drones but we have some genuinely special ones.
He is an absolutely fantastic player who would waltz into most defences in this league and many others. Without him this season, we'd be way below 7th.

Totally in command of the whole game, and looking good all over the pitch. Should have won by four or five, because they truly stunk

Vardy was superb, Maguire not far behind. I also think Amartey might just make it as our permanent right back

But Ndidi is just simply fantastic. It's incredible what he can do at his age, and he might just turn out to be a feckin' superstar

We look very, very good right now, and Silva isn't even up and running yet

Feck me, it's good times

BN would disagree.

He deserves credit for his last few performances. His two major flaws are his positioning and marking. We appear to have done some work on defending set pieces over recent weeks (about time too). He still isn't great, but he's no longer a liability. The rest of his game is excellent, no doubt about it. I thought he was our best player today, along with Ndidi who is also coming into very good form after a dodgy spell.

We're now in 7th and we shouldn't let that go now. We've no reason whatsoever to slip backwards as I think we're streets ahead of every team below us. 7th will do me this year, given the foolish mess at the start of the season.

Our two goalscorers today are the key. They set us apart from being just another mid table team. We can create goals and wins anywhere with them in the side. Keeping them is vital.

I was told today that Gazza was in the changing room and at the match. Apparently, he's moving to Leicester to make a fresh start so he may become a regular face around the place.

Edit: Indeed he was . . .

DT_dTEQW0AAxVYU.jpg

A proper muck and nettles kind of day, matched by a battling performance to outstay a Watford side who lack a bit of quality but certainly pressed. Ndidi rightly the MOM, with Albrighton close behind. Vardy and Mahrez have that quality but it’s the others who make them tick. Maguire proving once again he’ll go to the World Cup and Amartey is improving every game. Is it me or is Kasper now coming AND catching crosses from corners and free kicks?

Totally in command of the whole game, and looking good all over the pitch. Should have won by four or five, because they truly stunk

Man City, Man U, Watford, Huddersfield, Fleetwood.....how come everyone we play is apparently so poor, whatever the result!

because they truly stunk

Tbh, I thought they did what they do very well. For large parts of the second half, I thought they had us under a good amount of pressure. True, it wasn't classy but it had us pinned back.

Could've been a really difficult afternoon if Watford's disallowed offside goal had been given. It was close, but thankfully Deeney's moobs were just beyond the last man.

Is VAR moob aware?

I thought we had an offside call that I would have liked to have seen the pretty blue lines on. (Though I must admit I may be dreaming it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4595
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566