Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty James absolutely spot on again. Absolutely lovely to see. Really hope he can stay fit. If so, England could do a lot worse given their midfield options. He’s a damn sight better than Livermore, for example.

Feck me MA, that's not much of a compliment

I think i'd do a better job than that useless twonk

Matty James absolutely spot on again. Absolutely lovely to see. Really hope he can stay fit. If so, England could do a lot worse given their midfield options. He’s a damn sight better than Livermore, for example.
He's an exceptionally tidy player, much like Drinkwater could be at times. He picks the correct pass most of the time, simplifying things and starting moves seemingly from nothing. I think he may struggle a little more against higher intensity, fast pressing teams but he's excellent at what he does. I agree, in international football and the way most teams play, he'd be the ideal player to allow others to push forward much like Michael Carrick did so well at times. I'm really pleased for him but even more pleased as a fan of the club!

Hey, be fair, even English isn't his first language.

Neither is German apparently.

Or were you talking about the dog?

A proper sniff at top 6 if we can make the most of upcoming games v Swansea, stoke, Everton etc and get something out of Silva and Iheanacho to match the form the rest are in. Feels like Amartey and Dragovic have really stepped up and Chilwell has quietly become first choice. Puel seems have done what ranieri and Shakespeare couldn't which is transition both our style and our personnel whilst retaining some of our key attributes. Fair play to him.

Also - chuffed that we can boast eight of our starting squad: maguire, chilwell, James, albrighton, Vardy and Gray + Simpson and Morgan, all home grown. The first 6 of whom should be on the long list for international recognition at the very least.

He can pick a pass and his upper body strength has improved markedly.

However, in every other way, he is miles away from being good enough. First and foremost, he is far too slow.

He is an injury prone Championship midfielder and as soon as Iborra and Silva regain full match fitness, he's our 4th choice at best.

Both he and King are here out of sentiment rather than merit. I'd much rather see their places in the squad taken by players with potential instead.

It's a funny old game isn't it....

I thought Wilfred was terrible in the 1st half, not interested at all.

Mahrez was complete turd throughout, but you cannot take away from the brilliance of his goal.

Vardy was making a bizarre amount of movement today, although he stupidly let Maguire carry the ball all the way up the pitch at the end before bothering to make a run. Which was naive considering the scoreline.

Overall I thought we were poor and Watford were shit.

I was at Chelsea last week and today was like watching a different team

He can pick a pass and his upper body strength has improved markedly.

However, in every other way, he is miles away from being good enough. First and foremost, he is far too slow.

He is an injury prone Championship midfielder and as soon as Iborra and Silva regain full match fitness, he's our 4th choice at best.

Both he and King are here out of sentiment rather than merit. I'd much rather see their places in the squad taken by players with potential instead.

Send like one you’d hate to be proven wrong on.

Puel seems have done what ranieri and Shakespeare couldn't which is transition both our style and our personnel whilst retaining some of our key attributes. Fair play to him.

Indeed. And the weird thing is that he's just got and done it. There's been no wedgegate (or should that be potatogate?)

Maybe Shakespeare was too much in deference to the seniors, or too much their mate. Dunno. What is obvious is that we are now playing a different style of foorbal. That with the new players means we are seeing transformation.

Last edited:

And there in in your paragraph highlights to me all that is wrong in football,

King has been a loyal player to us and over the years delivered as part of a squad some exceptional performances. He has earned the right to stay with us a few years yet and be part of our squad - some people on here completely underestimate what a player is worth both on and off the pitch - do you know his influence in all other areas where he may affect the squad and particularly young players, no - of course not.

James has been injured horrifically but prior to that was a very good (squad) player, both deserve the loyalty we have shown.

He has come back strong but it will take time for him to regain match fitness - who knows maybe he will become a better player than he was before his injury, just a thought like?

If only loyalty were still important in life?

I think most on here do not wish them away. If you have a 2 equals in every position in the squad, it is very difficult to keep everyone happy.

If I hear that King is starting a game, I am hoping it is because the manager has been forced to by injury or suspension.

King is still a good squad player, but if he is first choice, there is something gone very wrong.

James is still coming back from two years out, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

In the same way Huth is going to be coming back from nearly 6 months out, so I would not expect him to be just as good as before immediately.

The pressure's on Silva (I don't see Iborra as 1st choice to partner Ndidi even without the doubts over his stamina) to get game time to push forward his claim to be part of Portugal's WC squad, the problem Inler had a couple of years ago. Genuinely puzzled that "potential" and "match fitness" seem to apply to a variety of randoms who put in a decent shift in the Carabirates Cup, but not to our other comfy armchair, Matty James, whose return after his wretched time with injury, not to mention years in the Old Trafford waiting room, puts in progressively more assured performances match-by-match.

Last edited:
And there in in your paragraph highlights to me all that is wrong in football,

King has been a loyal player to us and over the years delivered as part of a squad some exceptional performances. He has earned the right to stay with us a few years yet and be part of our squad - some people on here completely underestimate what a player is worth both on and off the pitch - do you know his influence in all other areas where he may affect the squad and particularly young players, no - of course not.

James has been injured horrifically but prior to that was a very good (squad) player, both deserve the loyalty we have shown.

He has come back strong but it will take time for him to regain match fitness - who knows maybe he will become a better player than he was before his injury, just a thought like?

If only loyalty were still important in life?
Face it, there’s no loyalty in football any more. And it works both ways.

I’m sure if a team offered them £200k a week to move, they’d jump ship straight away.

Yep, Silva sacked

Yep, Silva sacked
And a replacement already lined up apparently!

The wheels came off for him when he flirted with Everton. Now Watford are shit again, he’s been sacked and Everton have Big Sam in charge. Everybody’s lost.

Funny old game. Only a couple of months back he was getting rimmed by everyone and Everton were after him.

When they were on their great run which brought all the rimming they'd beaten -

Bournemouth
Southampton
Swansea
Arsenal

Draws against-

Brighton
West Brom

Well I think Matty James is turning into a good Premiership midfielder. To say he is a championship player is a real insult. His passing and decision making are excellent and as BN says, he has excellent upper body strength and is able to hold others off the ball. If he can get a year of injury free football under his belt I think we will have a very good premiership player (who is still only 26).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566