Post Match Leicester 3 Arsenal 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today we proved why we have been underachieving this season. Somehow, Arsenal still have 15 points more than us.

A very good display. Evans was superb. Choudhury showed that we could probably do without Mendy next season as we can't keep three defensive midfielders happy.

We didn't actually have to play that well today. Some of our players weren't great but we were so easily the better side that it didn't matter.

Pity about the 3,000 City fans that couldn't be arsed to turn up today. There were loads of empty seats in the home end. Poor show.

Blame the ****s (sky) who are ruining football for those that actually attend games.

Now to be honest, at 1-0 I wasn't feeling too secure. We had a dull patch and I could see them grabbing an equaliser. However, an inspired substitution from Rodgers obviously made the difference. Gray, barely on the pitch, willed the ball in using Demarai mind control for our 2nd. Clodagh is a tactical genius, he is.

Superb performance. Best I’ve seen for a couple of years.

Yes Arsenal may not have been at their best, but let’s not forget this is a team vying for the top 4 and in the Europa League semi finals. Saying that they’re a load of rubbish discredits our performance. WE made them look rubbish.

Evans the standout for me. Special mentions also to Choudhury and Chilwell. In fact, each and every single one of them were superb.

Cracking stuff.

Just got back from a weekend away and watched the recording. What a squad we now have. I was paying particular attention to Tielemans and he doesn't seem to be too comfortable in an advanced midfield role, but he is going to have to get used to it as the defensive midfield partnership of N'Didi and Choudhury is as good as any other in the league. Top 4 finish next season and with 5 players in the England squad.... Maguire, Chilwell, Maddison, Choudhury and Barnes.

The future is good. The future is Leicester City.

I like Unai Emery. From the very start he was having multiple tantrums. I thought that if Leicester get a penalty he is going to be really fun to watch. In fact an Arsenal sending off was better. The referee really pleased the crowd by yellow carding him

By comparison Brendan Rodgers is very dull in the dugout. Perhaps Mr Rodgers makes up for it by being good at his job. Mr Rodgers answer to pressure is to write about it. My literary hero is Edward Gibbon (an 18th century historian). Brendan Rodgers reminded me of The Duke of York's comment "Another fat book Mr Gibbon - scribble scribble scribble" I wonder whether half time is long enough for Mr Rodgers to read out all his scribbles.

Great credit to Vardy but Leicester's 2nd goal was created by Kasper's wonderful goalkeeping.

Against ten men replacing Ndidi by rhe more attack minded Barnes was good management. I like wing play and Barnes has great potential.

Amidst all the talk of Man Us problems no pundit has pointed out that Jonny Evans is better this season than any of their present day centre backs.

We won the game at half time today I think. Taking Ndidi off was a brave move, I think he had an excellent first half. I lost count of the number of times he won possession back and he dominated the midfield, a really mature, classy display. And yet Rogers opted to keep Hamza in which I really like for a couple of reasons. * Firstly it sends a message to Choudhury and it’ll do his confidence a lot of good. Putting Barnes on was an aggressive tactical move which was bold given that some managers would just say keep doing what you’re doing after a great first half. It also preempted them putting their worst player at RB and while Barnes lacked final product he gave us another option and was great on the break.

Tielemans can even make a free header from 10 yards out look classy, the run, not breaking his stride to celebrate, he’s a ****ing beauty.

*unless Ndidi was injured and I didn’t notice

Maddison has improved no end under Rodgers. He's much better all round.

However, we do need to point out the blatant cheating he did to get the Arsenal player sent off. He wasn't touched and yet rolled around on the ground resulting in the decision.

If an opponent had done it, we'd have been furious. Not for the first time this season, he has clearly and obviously cheated. Someone really needs to have a serious word with him because it's really distasteful.

However, we do need to point out the blatant cheating he did to get the Arsenal player sent off. He wasn't touched and yet rolled around on the ground resulting in the decision.

If an opponent had done it, we'd have been furious. Not for the first time this season, he has clearly and obviously cheated. Someone really needs to have a serious word with him because it's really distasteful.

And yet when he was sent off for diving he said he was embarrassed and would change to avoid it in the future

You could tell he was reaching when he was asked about it in the MOTD interview, he came up with ‘you can’t tackle like that’ and ‘I was trying to get out of the way’ which is obviously bollocks as he clutched both of his shins in agony.

Love it, love it, love it - when we beat Arsenal! Missed the game as working on son's narrowboat all day ( Hi Boc!) but delighted to hear the text alerts go off for the goals! On the 'Goals' programme reviewing Sat's matches, the ex-Arsenal Ladies presenter said about the up-coming mid-day Leicester match that Vardy must be licking his lips at the prospect of Arsenal's poor defense and she predicted he'd be looking for a couple of goals ! Well worth staying up past my bedtime to see the highlights later that night - bloody brilliant - well done lads!!!

Love it, love it, love it - when we beat Arsenal! Missed the game as working on son's narrowboat all day ( Hi Boc!) but delighted to hear the text alerts go off for the goals! On the 'Goals' programme reviewing Sat's matches, the ex-Arsenal Ladies presenter said about the up-coming mid-day Leicester match that Vardy must be licking his lips at the prospect of Arsenal's poor defense and she predicted he'd be looking for a couple of goals ! Well worth staying up past my bedtime to see the highlights later that night - bloody brilliant - well done lads!!!
Boc’s your son?? Are you the oldest living person?

Boc’s your son?? Are you the oldest living person?
I bloody well feel like the oldest living person today having been doing carpentry and floor fitting on a narrow boat all week end. The 'Hi Boc' was a merely a salute to another 'water gypsy' type! Still, yesterday's result took me back to feeling much younger - all the way back to 1973, the last time I saw Leicester beat Arsenal 'live', at Filbert Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757