Post Match Leicester 3 Arsenal 1

Miles Away

Riyad making me laugh out loud with a piece of sublime skill.

I’ll miss him terribly. So will the club.

City Fan

Something must have been said internally whether that be between the owners and Puel or the players and Puel, because that was chalk and cheese to anything we’ve seen in 2018 and was reminiscent to the glory days of 15/16.

Choudhury and Silva were both phenomenal and completely bossed the midfield. I’ve not been sure of Silva so far as I think he’s a little lightweight, but against the likes of Arsenal I guess that doesn’t matter so much.

But let’s not kid ourselves, although we did really well, we were playing against the worst Arsenal team in Premier League history with only 10 men. The amount of space they allowed our front players was incredible. Their defence was just diabolical and the players showed no fight or bottle whatsoever.

One decent home performance in 4 months changes nothing for me. Puel out.

spionfox

Touch of class from us City fans with the standing ovation for Wenger. Not sure it would have happened if we were not winning but classy non the less.

Best performance in a City shirt to date by Silva and Kelechi and Choudry is surely a first choice pick now.

As somebody else said, we have now seen City win the top domestic league AND actually beat the Gunners in a league game. Reality finally better than dreams!

Anonymous Fox

It was good of Arsenal to actually come here and play football instead of us playing teams with 10 men behind the ball. I have to say that Choudhury played well. I have to ask, would he have been given the chance under any other manager?

camberwell fox

What I’m getting at is that I believe yesterday is only just above the average in terms of how we are capable of playing week in, week out.

Puel looked pleased with how we played as did the players so what is the key point to effect the change?

City Fan

I have to say that Choudhury played well. I have to ask, would he have been given the chance under any other manager?
Well yes, because the injury crisis would have been the same. Do you think he’d have been given a chance if we weren’t down to the bare bones in central midfield?

David Gwilliam

The chant for Arsene Wenger showed real class.

Iheanacho has shown moments in other games to prove he has real ability. However, this was the first time I have seen him have an outstanding Premier League.
I was strongly criticized in an earlier thread for writing that somebody ought to teach Hamza to play. Well last night he did very well.
Jakupovic had an excellent game in goal.

Lastly, I feel it is likely we may have seen the last of Mahrez in a Leicester shirt. If so he ended with a wonderful goal. Thank you Riyaz.

Rock Fox

My wife (who went to bed early to recover from a tense Ofsted inspection) woke up this mornig and asked, 'Did I dream it? Did Leicester really beat Arsenal?'
'OH YES - AND - Vardy and Mahrez both scored !'
'Er, What year is it?'
'2018 - Iheanacho scored the first goal.'
'We scored three against Arsenal? Really?!'
'Yep, for the second time this season !'
'Great - make us a cup of tea.'

SwedeFox

I know his name is not pronounced like that but everytime I read Hamza Choudhury's name I hear Danza Kuduro in my head

David Gwilliam

Oh no!!!!! My post is being liked by all the geriatrics. That tells me something I refuse to admit.
Blaarev you may be becoming geriatric but Rock, Swede, Jeff, Fitz, Robin, Bocc and myself are more like elder statesmen.
Always remember one of my favourite quotes - "Old age is no guarantee of respectability" - Lady Bracknell.

Blaarev

Blaarev you may be becoming geriatric but Rock, Swede, Jeff, Fitz, Robin, Bocc and myself are more like elder statesmen.
Always remember one of my favourite quotes - "Old age is no guarantee of respectability" - Lady Bracknell.
Swede is barely out of his diapers, but still probably the only statesman among us ;)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Arsenal have been charged with failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion as a result of their protests at the penalty decision. There were five or six players surrounding him at one stage and it was only the intervention of Cech that saved some of them further trouble.

How many posts would you like to see on each page?

• No preference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest posts