Post Match Leicester 3 Aston Villa 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every player should be proud of that response and second half performance.

Kante, Mahrez, Dyer.. outstanding.

Whilst Dyer and Ulloa played well when coming on, and Mahrez and others stepped up, I do think that Kante changed the game. What a battler in midfield.

Agreed, Kante looked brilliant - thought it was a mistake to take off Inler but DD got better in the second half alongside Kante

Brilliant stuff

That was superb. I got in late so watched the first half on fast forward since I saw by mistake we were 1-0 down. Their second goal was a sucker punch as we were on top, but Ranieri got the changes spot on - although I was doubtful at first!

But Mahrez in the middle and Kante and Ulloa on, worked perfectly. Maybe Mahrez is ready for Barca after all! He's amazing.

This might be my favourite Leicester team ever.

I only got to hear the first half...it sounded like we were just knocking it about when we went forward, no real direction or urgency. The second half we got more direct as time went by and seemed to get a lift from being 2-0 down - was it great tactics or were we a bit tame going forward first half?

We were shite in the first half, deserved to be two goals down. What Raineri saw I do not know but I would guess it was about Villa and he'd seen weaknesses. Tactically this man is brilliant. He switched Vardy inside brought on Ulloa they occupied the two central defenders and that gave Mahrez and Dyer space and once Mahrez has that he's lethal. We played with two orthodox wingers and they simply couldn't cope, Dyer was brave, the smallest man on the pitch took on three men all much bigger than himself he deserved his goal. The scout who spotted Mahrez deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid, at the top we paid half a million quid for him, I hate to think on this current form he is now worth, great win great time to be a City supporter.

What a roller coaster! On top for the first ten minutes then they really came into the game. Second goal made me feel sick. We've got to lose at some point I thought, but please not to the Villa. Then the 1-2 went in and I was thinking how happy I'd be with the point. When the winner went in I nearly screamed my thought out! Superb second half performance, the players looked like they love the team, the crowd sounds like they could make anything happen. Dyer looked like a whole new something else to me and Kante changed the rest. Beautiful, just beautiful.

At 2-0 it gave me an unpleasant preview of how rubbish it's going to feel when we start losing again.

Well done Claudio and the players, fantastic comeback. Once we got the goal back there was a rather amazing inevitability about our comeback, the kind of inevitability that you saw when Man U were chasing a game under Fergie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669