Post Match Leicester 3 Aston Villa 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my throat not my thought!

When the winner went in I nearly screamed my thought out! .

My son did scream. His poor little girl dropped her tea!

The fairy tale goes on...

Fantastic effort by the team - Jenks and Borderfox have said it all
oh yes and as the SKy commentator said, you can't write Leicester off even when they are 2 down
Great for the City fans and fantastic entertainment for any neutrals -
- FOXES NEVER QUIT!

We were shite in the first half, deserved to be two goals down. What Raineri saw I do not know but I would guess it was about Villa and he'd seen weaknesses. Tactically this man is brilliant. He switched Vardy inside brought on Ulloa they occupied the two central defenders and that gave Mahrez and Dyer space and once Mahrez has that he's lethal. We played with two orthodox wingers and they simply couldn't cope, Dyer was brave, the smallest man on the pitch took on three men all much bigger than himself he deserved his goal. The scout who spotted Mahrez deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid, at the top we paid half a million quid for him, I hate to think on this current form he is now worth, great win great time to be a City supporter.
Have to disagree. Both teams were ineffective first half and 0-0 would have been fair. We certainly weren't shit.

Dreadful, awful, turgid shite in the first half

Amazing, brilliant, exciting genius unplayable football in the latter part of the second half

Amazing stuff

Kante changed the game. Possibly the most influential twenty minutes or so I've seen from a City player for simply ages. Inspirational stuff from him, supported admirably by Dyer, and the subsequent change in Vardy, Schlupp, and Mahrez was almost miraculous.

These are amazing times

Dreadful, awful, turgid shite in the first half

Amazing, brilliant, exciting genius unplayable football in the latter part of the second half

Amazing stuff

Kante changed the game. Possibly the most influential twenty minutes or so I've seen from a City player for simply ages. Inspirational stuff from him, supported admirably by Dyer, and the subsequent change in Vardy, Schlupp, and Mahrez was almost miraculous.

These are amazing times

Agree with all this.

Though I'll also mention Morgan as he was MOTM for me - an absolute beast and his best game at PL level so far! He defended so aggressively and attacked from the back. was brilliant to watch.

Fantastic comeback from the team. Wonderful effort and energy from them.

I do think we played into Villa's hands with our way of playing from the start. We were too predictable. They knew what we'd do and so they were prepared for it all. As soon as we changed it around in the second half, they had no answer. Villa are a very limited team managed by someone with absolutely no tactical brain. All you have to do is do what he isn't prepared for and he hasn't a clue.

In terms of performances, Inler isn't ready for a regular place. And if he does play, he needs another central midfielder in there because he isn't mobile enough. He was exactly the show pony I feared he'd be. I'm sure that he'll adapt and get better but for now, he isn't a starter. Fair play to Drinkwater who was outstanding throughout and bailed Inler out time and again.

The change at half time and then the two further changes after an hour were excellent. Intelligent management from Ranieri. Both Dyer and Kante made a forceful claim for starting places next week and Inler and Albrighton may have to make way.

All in all, another terrific outcome and we've now got more points than we had at Xmas last year.

Fantastic comeback from the team. Wonderful effort and energy from them.

I do think we played into Villa's hands with our way of playing from the start. We were too predictable. They knew what we'd do and so they were prepared for it all. As soon as we changed it around in the second half, they had no answer. Villa are a very limited team managed by someone with absolutely no tactical brain. All you have to do is do what he isn't prepared for and he hasn't a clue.

In terms of performances, Inler isn't ready for a regular place. And if he does play, he needs another central midfielder in there because he isn't mobile enough. He was exactly the show pony I feared he'd be. I'm sure that he'll adapt and get better but for now, he isn't a starter. Fair play to Drinkwater who was outstanding throughout and bailed Inler out time and again.

The change at half time and then the two further changes after an hour were excellent. Intelligent management from Ranieri. Both Dyer and Kante made a forceful claim for starting places next week and Inler and Albrighton may have to make way.

All in all, another terrific outcome and we've now got more points than we had at Xmas last year.

I have to agree with you BN. I wanted us to stick to a 4-4-2 as per my previous posts but Sherwood set out to counter that well.

As soon as we shuffled the pack he was clueless.

Still, an incredible comeback.

We are in the midst of something very special at the moment.

I dare not say what I think it is.

Wasn't impressed by Inler but Dyer can certainly stay!!

The wait for the 3rd goal to be confirmed was horrible. It was only when the players headed for the centre that we were sure and recommenced celebrating.

Wasn't impressed by Inler but Dyer can certainly stay!!

The wait for the 3rd goal to be confirmed was horrible. It was only when the players headed for the centre that we were sure and recommenced celebrating.
The ref did indicate straight away but it was easily missed.

Amazing comeback, the best since we trashed Man U. I didn't even know the 3rd goal had counted (watching it here on NBC) because it looked for a second like the ref pointed to the ground and said 'drop ball'.

Villa pressed a lot in the 1st half and you could tell they'd be tired in the 2nd, but after 65 mins they pretty much collapsed. With 7 mins left after our winner, you'd have thought they'd give it a go, but we kept the ball really well.

Seeing two fat Villa fans smoking outside the midtown bar I'd been in with faces longer than Ormondroyd's legs, when 25 mins earlier they'd been chanting at me, was priceless.

Magnificent comeback and fantastic substitutions by Claudio. For me Kante and Dyer were fantastic, Schlupp and Drinkwater were superb, Vardy never stopped and Morgan was magnificent however Mahrez was sensational, I have never seen a player with that amount of natural ability and that magic X factor ....it is a privilege to watch him wear our shirt.

This is purely magical times at the KP started by NP and looking to be carried on by CR ...exciting time ahead.

The ref did indicate straight away but it was easily missed.
We weren't sure if he was indicating that Dyer was hurt, as we watched the ball go slowly (well it seemed in slow motion at the time) in.

Last edited:
A surprise to come back and win. I thought we should've been more than one down at HT.

Unsure what was in the half time tea but the 2nd half I thought we were spot on and did not deserve to go 2-0 down. Both were good strikes by Villa though. I thought Inler was good at breaking up play and was spreading the ball about 2nd half. Yes, he gave the ball away a few times in the first but so did everyone else.

Once we got a goal the crowd got going and then you just felt the game shifted our way and it was going to be a full on onslaught.

Can't believe we're 2nd in the ****ing league 9 games unbeaten take a bow LCFC, Niall Quinn said some good things about City after the match which went down well.

Inler didn't have a good game. Gave away a lot of balls and was in general a bit dozey on the ball but he needs time to settle. Enevitable that he will be compared with Cambiasso, and Cambiasso took a few months or so to really settle in as well.

That second half was fantastic.

Highlight for me was either the fact that the players were more concerned by a downed comrade than celebrating the late winner or Riyad's 'triple homicide'.

EDIT - Morgan deserves a mention, he has improved remarkably this season.

Inler didn't have a good game. Gave away a lot of balls and was in general a bit dozey on the ball but he needs time to settle. Enevitable that he will be compared with Cambiasso, and Cambiasso took a few months or so to really settle in as well.

That second half was fantastic.

Highlight for me was either the fact that the players were more concerned by a downed comrade than celebrating the late winner or Riyad's 'triple homicide'.

EDIT - Morgan deserves a mention, he has improved remarkably this season.

It was really funny to see three villa players on there arses when he twisted and turned.

Inler will be fine, you don't get his number of international caps ,even for toblers, without ability above the average. The sooner we just let him do his thing with Kante with him he will become an important player. At the moment whenever the ball is within a few feet of him we have visions of what Cuchu would do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566