Post Match Leicester 3 Hull 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were very very average, particularly so up front. A definite for relegation

Pity we gifted them a goal with some truly atrocious play. Ndidi poor, Morgan hopeless, others a shambles

We were pretty solid all round - Vardy and Albrighton the pick of the bunch, but everyone was decent, to be honest, although Morgan and Huth are so slow and flat footed at times it makes me wince

No need to get carried away. Beating a team as genuinely poor as that is an absolute given, in my opinion. But a win is a win. Onwards and upwards

Shackles are off, we are back to having the same purpose and drive as last season. Hull were shit and should go down but we are much much improved.

No sign of 'disgusted from Syston' or 'furious from market harborough' either. Lovely.

Special mention for the twat trying to make a buck out of a crowd funded 'message book' for poor uncle Claudio. You sir are a prick.

Stoke and Sunderland home games. Win those and we should be home and dry.

Mahrez was brilliant today. Vardy too.

Back four still scary to watch and Simpson in particular had a tough challenge against that winger of theirs (looks a bloody good player).

The Mahrez clip, is that from Kante's website?:D

Dowie obviously can't tell his left from his right, later on in the game he repeated that Mahrez hit the shot with his left foot.

I have wondered if CR was expecting too much from our squad of 'misfits and journey men'. Maybe they could only play one way. I'd like to think not though.

But, yes, come summer and whichever league we're in, we certainly need to intelligently bolster our squad. Last summer was a bit of a non event and I think we bought badly.

Tbh, I don't quite see why we bought Slimani. Ulloa was our 'plan b' so I don't get why we needed another target man type player. Musa might not be delivering but at least I could see some reasoning behind buying a player like him. He seemed to fit more naturally into the way we played.

It's like something went wrong in the tactical thinking. Maybe we got ahead of ourselves and instead of buying players to fit into the side, we bought players to change the way we played.... and it was all a bit too soon and unstructured.
Sorry Yak, but Slimani is light years ahead of Ulloa in terms of ability.

He is far better in the air, far more mobile, links the play up well, is a great foil for Vardy, is a very good replacement for Vardy, has a great finish, has pace, can beat a player, can shoot from distance, has a great first touch and is intelligent.

If you take away all of the above then yes, Ulloa is every bit as good as Slimani.

What a fantastic week! Does anyone know if Mendy is injured or is he perhaps the new scapegoat alongside Musa? Its maybe a bit early to consider reaching the 40 point mark, but it was about this time last season and the great escape that both feats became probable. I expect us to achieve 39 points (it was 37 before CR s departure) That should be enough to keep us up this season without looking into other teams fixtures

Well. That was a great game form a Leicester perspective.

Mahrez I thought had a really average game, then pulled out a stonker. And that was it. We'd got our XI back. Everyone was shooting today, so many lovely little one twos and flicks - really good football.

Hull goal was totally against the run of play. However, what was notable was that the mood in the stadium didn't drop. I don't think a single person in that stadium thought we would lose.

A very different feeling.

"light years" is perhaps a tad of an exaggeration ;)

I wasn't meaning to imply he's not a more capable player, just one I can't see why we've invested so heavily in for a plan b replacement.

I've yet to see the Slimani you describe though. He looks a bit clumsy to me tbh, with often a poor first touch. I see a strong player, good in the air but limited with the ball at his feet. A target man - and we don't tend to play that way, other than, as I say, as plan b.

Believe me, I'll be more than happy to acknowledge when I change my mind about him. The money we paid for him, he simply must be a more complete player!

13227612_10154125709279780_904028179581960725_o.jpg.3511d5e82e1fe8654a498eb23e17bbec.jpg
Special mention for the twat trying to make a buck out of a crowd funded 'message book' for poor uncle Claudio. You sir are a prick.
Bit harsh, think he did one last year for the owners, clearly some people like the idea

It wasn't pretty (except for the sublime skill for Mahrez's goal) but today was all about the three points.

The work rate was there again. Fuchs, Vardy and Albrighton especially hard working.

The issue for me was our central defenders. They were slow and clogging all match. At set pieces, they were both horrendous and all over the place positionally. We were very fortunate to be playing a side that didn't take advantage of this.

That's the first time we've come from behind to win a league game since October 2015 at West Brom.

Sad to say, but sacking Ranieri has been like applying a defibrillator to our season. Back from the dead.

He is far better in the air, far more mobile, links the play up well, is a great foil for Vardy, is a very good replacement for Vardy, has a great finish, has pace, can beat a player, can shoot from distance, has a great first touch and is intelligent.

If you take away all of the above then yes, Ulloa is every bit as good as Slimani.
Only seen Slimani once this season away at Sunderland and I'm afraid I didn't see any of these qualities, He was as useless, if not worse than the rest, bar perhaps Vardy who put in a bit of effort. But this must have been the low point of our season. Lets give ALL the players (including the new signings) a fresh start. Claudio has gone (wrongly in my opinion) the whole team are responsible for our
current predicament, and singling out individuals to take the blame is not helpful.

I wasn't expecting a pretty match but I actually thought we played some good football in the 1st half. I would have liked us to have been more incisive, particularly given the possession we had around their penalty area, but I'm not complaining. Under the circumstances, it was a massively uplifting performance.

Mahrez was shite, his truly wonderful goal papered over the cracks.
He had a much better game today. He scared the turd out of Dull and had at least 2 players on him all game.

He tracked back well and his 1-2's open up teams like Gillian Tailforth and a half mast trouser fly.

Important win today, and a testament to the newly found resolve that we came back from one down to win.
Ndidi and drinkwater are starting to play as a real partnership. Fuchs and Albrighton trust Ndidi enough to play triangles with him which means we can build from the back. If Simpson and Morgan could pass equally as well we would be truly dangerous...they are a large part of the issue with Mahrez. we simply cant build down the right as well / routinely as the left and so Mahrez can not play without fear.
Okazaki is an undroppable instigator of the graft, the sweat and the nouse that means we get the chance to play. If his 3rd touch was as good as his first and second then he would be playing for Bayern or Dortmund after his stint at Mainz. As it is (because his 3rd touch is woeful) Slimani will continue to knock on the door to start with Vardy. Slimani would have scored 2 in the first half today from Vardy crosses when both Oka and Albrighton didnt have the instinct to gamble past the 6 yd line.
I think we'll finish 13th or 14th this year now which will be about right above where Pearson left us and WAY below where Ranieri took us. The very top.

Sorry Yak, but Slimani is light years ahead of Ulloa....
Really? I haven't seen any evidence at all that Slimani is much of an upgrade on what we have already. He looks incredibly cumbersome, he has shown nothing at all with his feet to suggest he can cause defenders problems and although he has scored a couple of good headed goals, this isn't enough to repay the £30m he is purportedly worth.He did look like he wanted to get involved when he came on today though and chased the ball well.

Mahrez was much better today than in any performance we have seen so far this season (which, incidentally, I know isn't exactly a glowing review!). He may not have hit the heights of last year but he certainly wasn't 'shite' by any comprehensible measure at all. It was very encouraging to see how much he genuinely cared about scoring that goal - almost like a release of angry frustration. Hopefully that will be the spark he needs.

Didn't think much to Mahrez's general performance but to be fair even last season he had a tendency to drift out of games and try to do too much on his own. This is all forgiven when he produces a moment or two of magic, because that's exactly what he's there for, to provide those few bits of skill that result in goals. He did that today so job done as far as he is concerned.

Albrighton was the standout for me today. He, Fuchs and Vardy are the ones whose visible effort levels have gone through the roof since Claudio. But Albrighton was like a man possessed, he was all over the pitch and produced a couple of really quality balls that deserved better.

Didn't think much to Mahrez's general performance but to be fair even last season he had a tendency to drift out of games and try to do too much on his own. This is all forgiven when he produces a moment or two of magic, because that's exactly what he's there for, to provide those few bits of skill that result in goals. He did that today so job done as far as he is concerned.

Albrighton was the standout for me today. He, Fuchs and Vardy are the ones whose visible effort levels have gone through the roof since Claudio. But Albrighton was like a man possessed, he was all over the pitch and produced a couple of really quality balls that deserved better.

Agreed. Albrighton was my MOTM by a country mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566