Post Match Leicester 3 Millwall 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really glad that we managed to sidestep this potential banana skin today. When Jeff Stelling said that there had been a goal at the King Power, I was praying that it was us.

Was surprised Hammond didn't start today, as I thought this was exactly the type of fixture he had been brought in for. Nevertheless we got the result we needed and Burnley and QPR slipped up has given a 3 point cushion I was not expecting.

Really looks like we've gelled as a unit and if we can continue this into the next few games I really think we're going to be tough to knock out of that top 2. I don't think Burnley have the strength in depth to last the pace. It just depends if anyone from further back can mount a consistent challenge.

I honestly think Drinkwater is a strong nomination for Championship player of the season so far, hes like the conductor of an orchestra, can dictate the pace and the rhythm of a game.

I honestly think Drinkwater is a strong nomination for Championship player of the season so far, hes like the conductor of an orchestra, can dictate the pace and the rhythm of a game.

I agree... especially pleasing as he took his chance when James was absent. In the team totally on merit, in a squad which has very capable depth in that area.

In my opinion he's quite a bit better than the player I'm going to compare him to, but it reminds me of when we had Wellens playing consistently well for us.

When Wellens plays well, Leicester play well. Nowadays it's when Drinky plays well, Leicester play well.

I agree... especially pleasing as he took his chance when James was absent. In the team totally on merit, in a squad which has very capable depth in that area.

I think the most pleasing prospect is that the new players we have brought in have plenty of experience i.e. Wasilewski, Hammond and Taylor-Fletcher. Last year our squad was very young and too inexperienced i.e. Keane, Lingard and Kane. I think I read somewhere that we had the 3rd youngest squad in the football league. We look to have a very balanced and talented squad. Fingers crossed.

Thought the ref had a decent game, no mention of the him in this thread would seem to back this up

A great game, LCFC completely dominant.
Super performances from Wasilewski, Drinkwater and Vardy. I guess for those 2 exceptionally well taken goals Vardy has to get MOM but really I think those 3 were all equally exceptional.
Does anyone else think that Knockart was slightly less than good though, I think he wasted possession quite often and did not make the best decisions on what to do when he had the ball (not saying he played badly).

Last edited:
A great game, LCFC completely dominant.
Super performances from Wasilewski, Drinkwater and Vardy. I guess for those 2 exceptionally well taken goals Vardy has to get MOM but really I think those 3 were all equally exceptional.
Does anyone else think that Knockart was slightly less than good though, I think he wasted possession quite often and did not make the best decisions on what to do when he had the ball (not saying he played badly).

For me it is a choice of Knockaert or Hammond.

If we are facing a team that just wants to defend then I would go with Knockaert. He does lose the ball too often but this is sometimes because he tries the difficult things. I thought he had a better game than usual against Millwall as he has struck up an understanding with Wasilewski.

If we want to see the game out then I would take off one of the wide men and put Hammond on. Hammond wins 50-50 balls does the simple pass well and does not lose possession. Of course, the wide man taken off need not be Knockaert. When Dyer was the first Leicester player substituted I wondered if he was being saved for Tuesday and that perhaps he finds successive 90 minute games difficult.

Of course Nigel picks a side to win and not to entertain but I do enjoy watching Anthony Knockaert. This is not necessarily true of the bench. When the other side has a free kick Mike Stowell does not always find Knockaert amusing .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670