Post Match Leicester 3 Swansea 1

This season all that matters is winning and getting promoted.

I have no problem with the style of play, but I do believe it will appeal more when we have players more suited to it and especially if we are dominating teams like Villa, Newcastle, Chelsea, etc, rather than Swansea, Rotherham, et al.

I can understand Enzo’s frustration, our fans have become entitled and sound as embarrassing as West Ham, Spurs, etc, who go on about a ‘style of play’

Stoke were a solid PL team, but then there fans wanted to play more entertaining football and look at them now…

There are not many teams that manage to combine winning and entertaining… it’s normally one or the other and I’d rather we won.

My thoughts exactly.

Style is for when you're established at a level and can bring in the players to do it.

Enzo is currently having to get what he can out of a squad that looked utterly shite by the end of last season. And doing a good job of it, despite their flaws (i.e. turning Ndidi into an attacking midfielder...)

Nobody is forced to watch a Leicester game. If it’s so boring then don’t watch. Come back after Christmas when (apparently) we will have a different manager.

It’s like the people who complain about a TV show/podcast/radio show but continue to watch/listen. It makes no ****ing sense. Either watch us play, knowing what to expect, and shut up about it, or don’t watch.
People like complaining.

Wow those three pre sides you have picked are a bit lofty aren't they? It seems a bit optimistic at this point to suggest to me that we will not achieve exactly the same as Burnley - a nice romp to the title and then absolute batterings by premier league teams that have worked out how to play against it.

as, indeed, Leicester City Football Club did in 2015/16 (still not sure why no one plays quite like that now - seems mad)
I was trying to suggest that if we played the same as last night and won 3-1 against Chelsea for argument sake, people would be going crazy about it. However, because it’s ’Swansea’ it’s accused of being boring football…

Couple of points from some of the above: -
1) I can’t remember the survey about being asked if I was bored shitless, as i am certainly am not. Enzo said just a few months ago, that we were only 10% of where he wants us to be.

2) Flat as a witches tit! Ive met some witches in my time, and they were all quite well endowed uo top, so where did this silly saying come from. Justice for witches i say.

If EM just said something like this, I reckon I'd say fair enough.

"I have a very clear vision of how I want to play. To fully achieve what I want to see will take several transfer windows and lots of coaching.

Right now, our objective is to return to the PL as soon as possible and I ask our supporters to bear with us while we focus on that objective and gradually work on progressing my vision.

I know that the football played won't always be what you want to see and it won't always be what I want to see either but it's a journey. If you support us now, I believe that we will reward that in the future."

The problem is that he believes that how we're playing now is brilliant and we should recognise this. Suggesting that he'll quit if we don't accept his approach is immature.
I don't think there's anything wrong with him saying that he won't stay where he isn't wanted. And if people don't want the quick success that he has brought the club, they are everybody's problem. It's about the club and not individual supporters.

Simply cannot fathom it. It’s not Kool-Aid, it’s facts.

We are still on record setting pace in the championship.

We are the top scorers in the division.

We lost Tielemans, Soyuncu, Barnes and Maddison in the summer.

Our recruitment, thus far, has been impeccable.

We’ve cruised to the 5th round of the cup while pulling through some talented academy players.

Yesterday we could have scored 6, we missed several sitters, hit the bar, scored after 2 minutes and generally dismantled Swansea. That’s carrying passengers in the starting 11.

What Enzo has achieved is remarkable so far. My only criticism is the way he has handled this transfer window in the press, but I can understand his frustrations there, too.

Can anyone explain to me the level of patience shown for Rodgers vs that of Enzo by a lot of fans?

I sat next to a bloke at the Rotherham game who spent 90 minutes moaning (we battered Rotherham too). This same fan was defending Rodgers to the heavens as we got hammered by Newcastle the previous year.

I’m sorry but it is entitled. We should be thrilled with this season.
It’s ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous - spoilt

It’s ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous - spoilt

Just think of the complete and utter shite we sat through last season, and much much worse in seasons long past.

And these daft ****ers are moaning now

Genuinely unbelievable the level of complete ignorance of what has happened this season, and their overblown sense of entitlement

Awful

If EM just said something like this, I reckon I'd say fair enough.

"I have a very clear vision of how I want to play. To fully achieve what I want to see will take several transfer windows and lots of coaching.

Right now, our objective is to return to the PL as soon as possible and I ask our supporters to bear with us while we focus on that objective and gradually work on progressing my vision.

I know that the football played won't always be what you want to see and it won't always be what I want to see either but it's a journey. If you support us now, I believe that we will reward that in the future."

The problem is that he believes that how we're playing now is brilliant and we should recognise this. Suggesting that he'll quit if we don't accept his approach is immature.
Why does he have to say **** all?? He’s ****ing smashing it. Jesus Christ. Isn’t a potential record breaking season enough? Oh no, he’s also got to discuss and almost apologise for how it’s going?

It’s incredible on here sometimes, defies belief.

Why does he have to say **** all?? He’s ****ing smashing it. Jesus Christ. Isn’t a potential record breaking season enough? Oh no, he’s also got to discuss and almost apologise for how it’s going?

What would be much better would got us to be playing fantastic attacking football and lose every other game. Unbelievable.

Just think of the complete and utter shite we sat through last season, and much much worse in seasons long past.

And these daft ****ers are moaning now

Genuinely unbelievable the level of complete ignorance of what has happened this season, and their overblown sense of entitlement

Awful
Careful with the name calling :)

Calm down dear.

He is already choosing to address this stuff. He raised it last night when asked a completely different question.

I'm simply suggesting a constructive alternative to throwing his toys out the pram and threatening to quit. An alternative much more likely to achieve what he wants. How dare I!

Every single, often abusive, post on here arguing with the criticism of the style of play has failed to address the point and instead made up a load of old shit that hasn't been said.

Just saying.

Strangest bit for me is BN and CF both felt pretty strongly that we'd struggle massively this season. Relegation was even touted.

Instead we are setting a blistering pace to the title. And they remain the most unhappy with Enzo's approach.

I said this after the Plymouth game in December. It still holds:

Can I ask - What’s the point in carrying on this conversation week after week?

Football in general suffers from most of the issues mentioned in here, so it’s not unique to us.

Specifically on the style of football, by now we understand some people have an issue with this and some don’t and that’s fine. We don’t need to hammer those who feel differently about it to ourselves.

Strangest bit for me is BN and CF both felt pretty strongly that we'd struggle massively this season. Relegation was even touted.

Instead we are setting a blistering pace to the title. And they remain the most unhappy with Enzo's approach.

For the millionth time, I'm very impressed with the job EM is doing. He's achieving over and above what was expected. I cannot, and haven't, argued with the results he's getting.

Well done on missing the point.

Not everything is a binary answer - just because someone may think the football is boring to watch, does not mean they are disappointed with being top of the league.

I'm just giving my honest opinion as someone who has to pay £40+ quid to watch us play and after last night, I'll certainly be thinking twice about parting with my hard earned cash to go and watch that again.

Watching Vestergaard stand on the ball for about 20 mins of the game doesn't really do much to get the excitement going!

This doesn't mean I want us to start losing or Enzo out before anyone draws ridiculous conclusions, but can anyone honestly say they were excited by anything about the game last night?
This is just a function of how much better we are than the rest in this league. EM only wants us to attack when the opportunity to do damage arises. By keeping the ball under Vesty’s foot for 20 mins it means that it is 20 mins when the opposition can’t score.

Calm down dear.

He is already choosing to address this stuff. He raised it last night when asked a completely different question.

I'm simply suggesting a constructive alternative to throwing his toys out the pram and threatening to quit. An alternative much more likely to achieve what he wants. How dare I!
I’m calm.

For the record I’ve not the intention to ‘name call’ people in the forum (hat fits and all that) I was addressing the inept fans at the KP as a whole.

There’s a reason many think we’ve got very entitled fans and they’re right. We’ve been spoilt and we all know it.

All I care about is getting behind the players and getting out of this division and I have to say, Enzo and his staff have been incredible at how they’ve gone about this.

No doubt when Wilf and Fatawu are in their positions we look quicker in play too.

In all seriousness when was the KP last ‘jumping’?

For the millionth time, I'm very impressed with the job EM is doing. He's achieving over and above what was expected. I cannot, and haven't, argued with the results he's getting.
But that’s all that matters right now. Moaning about the style in the Championship, and with this squad, is pointless. It’s a means to an end.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663