Post Match Leicester 4 Huddersfield 1

I really do hope thats the truth. But at the same time I have a nasty feeling that the championship may well just be utter & complete shit. All last season's promoted sides are absolute dog in the PL.
Including Burnley who pissed this league last year.

I guess we'll only really know a year from now & I hope for the best.

I think Rodgers & his ****ing bullshit have destroyed my ability to be optimistic. I hope it's not permanent.
Well, my advice would be to enjoy it as it happens, take it for what it is at the moment and don’t think too far ahead.

Having seen a few PL games recently I don’t think we have too much to fear particularly with a few additions in critical positions.

Personally from my own perspective, I thought Casadei was a liability in the first half (several fouls, poor passes) but really came into it second half and looked far more confident. His one poor move was an attempt on goal minutes from the end when Cannon had given himself space to receive the ball and would have been nailed on for his hatrick. Where we sit we’re 4 rows from the front in line with the area. Fatawu’s footwork was phenomenal and he reminds me of Mahrez in many ways. Cannon’s positioning was sublime and I just hope this isn’t a debut fluke. And Albrighton when he came on bossed that side and we looked like we could score right up to the end. We do need to concentrate immediately after scoring and set pieces can be an issue. Overall there’s a pattern emerging. Enzo feels out the opposition first half and as a result we usually have a quite boring first half. After 45 we are quite simply electric. I don’t know what he’s saying at half time but **** me it’s working

Grim first half, but a cracking goal out of nothing opened the game up from there...

Strange second half. We were pretty excellent going forward but at the same time, the scoreline seems a bit harsh on Huddersfield. They got a goal, hit the bar and forced two great saves out of Hermansen and there were a couple other hair raising moments.

Still, Ipswich dropping another 2 pts against 10 men away at Stoke and Southampton held by Norwich makes it another great weekend for the foxes.
Ricardo could have had a hat trick.

Funny game. At times it looked like we could rip them apart in the second half, but we also had a 10 minute spell where it all went to shit and we were all over the place.

I thought Yunus and us as a team looked better when he played further up in the second half. Ricardo was everywhere and was MotM for the PPF group.

Cannon barely touched the ball before his first goal, but what a hit! Pure instinct and a great finish, which is a really exciting sign. He just looked really sharp whenever he was involved, I was very impressed.

As usual, the first half was a total waste of everybody's time. If I wasn't up and down to allow the hapless bladders pass by through the first half of games, I reckon I'd be having a lovely afternoon nap.

One thing that was of interest was the change of formation today. We clearly played a more set 4-2-3-1 and didn't really do the inverted full back thing. Casadei was supposed to be alongside Winks but he didn't really understand his position until the second half. Akgun was the number 10 and looked what he was, a talent that was very rusty. The advantage of this system was allowing the full backs to bomb forward more and this led to huge space for Ricardo. When we're really predictable, the thing to do is change it up and I was pleased to see it today and it was obvious that Huddersfield couldn't deal with it.

Second half was much more engaging. Cannon made some good runs and his finishing was impressive. Faes was hapless all game. Albrighton again looked very dangerous when he came on. We should use him as an impact sub more. Good to see Doyle back on the pitch and he did get to do one of his remarkable crossfield pass type things that are impossible to defend against.

What an arsehole Rodgers was.

This club is so unsuited for this division it’s unreal. Only a complete twat could find a way to dump us into it.
My only correction to your first sentence would be to replace the was to is.

Saw my Rangers supporting mate a few days ago who knows lots of Celtic fans.

He said they all hate him as much as we do.

I genuinely believe that when and if he ever returns to the KP, he will be roundly booed.

Cannon has been learning, so it has been said, a lot from J. Vardy esq.

Cannon has been learning, so it has been said, a lot from J. Vardy esq.
I've been trying hard not to think any comparison to Vardy but it is there. A striker who strikes, rather than farting about until he loses possession. A striker who instinctively knows what to do rather than overthinking stuff and making us all wonder whether he knows the way.
Too early to think about Vardy Nouveau but let's see how he goes. I'm hopeful.

I've been trying hard not to think any comparison to Vardy but it is there. A striker who strikes, rather than farting about until he loses possession. A striker who instinctively knows what to do rather than overthinking stuff and making us all wonder whether he knows the way.
Too early to think about Vardy Nouveau but let's see how he goes. I'm hopeful.
I thought exactly the same. He makes a nuisance of himself and he wants to be involved all the time. His finishing was instinctual and this bodes well. Time will tell, but his performance today as a whole (over the full game), was better than anything we have seen from Nacho or Daka.

One thing I noticed about the line up today was how it has changed over the last year.

The first side of 2023 contained only one player that played today - Faes.

Ward, Castagne, Amartey, Faes, Thomas, Tielemans, Ndidi, Soumare, Perez, Vardy, Barnes

Today was like so many home games this season… a ****ing dreadful first half, and then we turn it on for 15 mins after half time and smash them to smithereens, before taking the foot off the gas.

Casadei played like he’d won a competition to play for us today. Truly awful.

Thought Justin had one of his best matches of the season.

One thing I noticed about the line up today was how it has changed over the last year.

Ward, Castagne, Amartey, Faes, Thomas, Tielemans, Ndidi, Soumare, Perez, Vardy, Barnes
**** I’d forgotten that Pop’s love child Perez even existed.

Not many of those I'd take back...

I thought exactly the same. He makes a nuisance of himself and he wants to be involved all the time. His finishing was instinctual and this bodes well. Time will tell, but his performance today as a whole (over the full game), was better than anything we have seen from Nacho or Daka.
He looked pretty strong. His second goal in particular. He wasn’t going to allow himself to be bullied off the ball.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463