Post Match Leicester 4 Watford 1 FAC R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s a shame Nelson didn’t get a run but from what I’ve read Brendan is really trying not to push him in too early. And with how we’ve done this season it would no doubt be a baptism of fire that could scar his future career

Hamza was outstanding today. He seemed measured, calm and disciplined. I like the lad. I'm not saying he's first 11, or that he's not prone to an error, but he came in and produced a performance that will have surprised most of his critics.

He was my MotM. I thought the passing out from the back wasn't too bad today. I'm not a fan. Ward seemed comfortable with doing it, and he didn't hinder himself by putting his studs on the ball. Lurch would probably struggle with Walking Football, and yet seemed almost explosive in the opposing area. Mike Dean was given an easy decision on the penalty.
I'm going to miss Albrighton when he hangs his boots up.
Perez appears unable to press, although he did get a few blocks in.
Hopefully Jenks will return with his player ratings soon.

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one.
A mate of mine at the game, not a leicester fan, turned to me on at least 4 occasions (particularly from 45 - 65mins) laughing at hamzas positioning or attempts at passing and I could see exactly what he meant. Twice in the second half he simply stopped moving and let Watford players go clean through (won't be in the highlights) and several times he just got the ball stuck in his feet and played us into trouble.
I don't imagine anyone else available would have done any better,
But I won't have that he played well, just because our defence wasn't as shit as it could have been if wed have been playing anyone with good attackers.
No.1. Opinions should be based on fact and reality.

No.2. It doesn't surprise me that a mate of yours said that.

So far, you are literally, the only person I have seen or heard to have this view of Choudhury's performance. And I am including all of the radio and television pundits who have discussed the game thus far.

Given the circumstances of him having to play in position he has never played in, then Hamza was a ****ing sensation today

If you didnt see that, then I'm afraid you know **** all about football, and I feel a little bit sorry for you

Doesn't make him a great centre back, cos he absolutely, totally isn't. But if you can't appreciate what he did today, then you're a complete fool

Been to the pub prematch, during match, after match?

So far, you are literally, the only person I have seen or heard to have this view of Choudhury's performance. And I am including all of the radio and television pundits who have discussed the game thus far.
Haha, sounds like the same sort of logic as an anti-vaxxer. Blinkered and listening to a mate when you're surrounded by the reality of what's in front you.

Just how much of a **** do those people who got on Maddison's back and wanted rid when he went through a tough patch, coming back from injury. Can't think of any other word to describe them.

Hmm okay.

My basic issue with Maddison is that his 'tough patches' always last much longer than his 'purple patches'. Calling nine months without any goal contribution a 'tough patch' is slightly underplaying it.

When he performs as he has been for the last few weeks, he's clearly an excellent player. However he never sustains it for long enough.

He's spoken himself about his poor form affecting his confidence levels and I get that. But he's our third highest paid player on more than £100k a week and, for that, I expect consistently strong performances.

He's not a kid, he's an experienced member of the side and I want him to act like it more. Maybe this time he will.

Haha, sounds like the same sort of logic as an anti-vaxxer. Blinkered and listening to a mate when you're surrounded by the reality of what's in front you.

No1 and No2 kind of contradict each other here. The reality being that the person in question was a football coach from a professional footballing family.
Here are another couple of opinions.
Next time Hamza plays that role or indeed at all he will get slaughtered by loads on here (as he always does) for doing things that I saw him do in yesterday's game - positional, on the ball and tackling. He did them all yesterday he just didn't get punished. The difference will be that we won't be playing Watford and it'll be easier to see the consequences. There are loads on here that lump everyone together in a good performance, when in 'reality' it was only our attacking players prowess that created yesterday's result. We could easily have conceded 3 if Watford had taken up the several gifts we presented them with. When Watford strang two passes together our defence looked all over the shop, particularly either side of half time.

Just how much of a **** do those people who got on Maddison's back and wanted rid when he went through a tough patch, coming back from injury. Can't think of any other word to describe them.
The unmitigated gall to suggest we cash in on someone who isn't pulling his weight on an internet forum, surely the worst human beings on earth. The death penalty is too lenient.

No1 and No2 kind of contradict each other here. The reality being that the person in question was a football coach from a professional footballing family.
Here are another couple of opinions.
Next time Hamza plays that role or indeed at all he will get slaughtered by loads on here (as he always does) for doing things that I saw him do in yesterday's game - positional, on the ball and tackling. He did them all yesterday he just didn't get punished. The difference will be that we won't be playing Watford and it'll be easier to see the consequences. There are loads on here that lump everyone together in a good performance, when in 'reality' it was only our attacking players prowess that created yesterday's result. We could easily have conceded 3 if Watford had taken up the several gifts we presented them with. When Watford strang two passes together our defence looked all over the shop, particularly either side of half time.
Mate, give it up. He was terrific.

Choudhury was really good. They were shit and that suited the fact that he plays on the front foot. If they’d had actual footballers up front then they could have sussed a way of getting behind him and running at Vestergaard but they didn’t.

He did everything asked if him and barely put a foot wrong. It’s unlikely he’ll ever play there for us again so they the ifs and buts are completely irrelevant.

I really enjoyed seeing Brendan drag him over to the Kop and make a big fuss of him too, nice touch.

Football fans will always want the best for their team so when a player is playing rubbish for 9 months naturally they will want him gone and a better replacement coming in, just because that same player then hits some good form it doesn't mean he wasn't rubbish before.
I've called out players on here loads of times especially Schmeichels poor distribution and for not coming off his goal line, ever, but I don't see what goes on in training so I can only presume he is the best all round we have, I didn't go yesterday but by all accounts Ward was very good so yes I would like to see Ward have a run of games but no doubt others will disagree and let me know!!

People are entitled to their own opinion and we see football matches in different ways, we should respect that. But the common theme is we ALL support Leicester.

a 'comfortable home win' as I predicted - pleased with no more injuries - and delighted for captain Albrighton and his goal.
P.S. Loved the 'We can play in the dark' from the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570