Leicester chase Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we are resigned to losing Walker - if anything the prospects of him staying are looking better and better. He is also performing very well and since his return is becoming the key player he has been in seasons passed/past.

Leicester City have sounded out Celtic goalkeeper Rab Douglas about a summer move to the Walkers Stadium, BBC Scotland understands.

Douglas, who has been roundly criticised for his part in Sunday's defeat by Rangers, is out of contract at the end of the season.

It is understood the English League One side have asked the player's agent Blair Morgan about salary details.

Negotiations, though, are at a very early stage.

league one :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

thats news to me

i think he would be great cover

I heard talk of us getting Douglas in on loan before Taylor came.He's OK seen worse seen better,don't think he would come here just as cover and there are younger keepers around as good if not better than him.

Joe_Fox said:
I don't think we are resigned to losing Walker - if anything the prospects of him staying are looking better and better. He is also performing very well and since his return is becoming the key player he has been in seasons passed/past.

Why buy one keeper (Hischfeld) and then start looking for another if Walker is staying though?

DurhamFox said:
Why buy one keeper (Hischfeld) and then start looking for another if Walker is staying though?

Hischfeld has only been given a contract until the end of the season, so CL may decide not to offer him a contract for next year..

And Walker might leave even if we want to keep him.

So it makes sense to start looking at alternatives now.

going by douglas' goal at the weekend for rangers i might say this would be a bad move

highland fox said:
Eh !!!! Get off.........

Imagine if you tried this "joke" on FoxesTalk. They wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about. :smt005 :D :D :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

He was particulary good in 'Carry on Dick' IMO,who was it he played Jock Strap?

Start of the season I would have thought that a good signing, but Douglas' finer days have gone. Walker any day of the week over him.

Paper talk today is that Big Rab will be coming to us in the Summer with Walker going to Southampton and Niemi going to Man Utd.Seem to have got it all worked out haven't they?

But if Southampton get relegated it won't happen...... however I can see it happening as walker wants to move closer to London and redknapp was supposedly chasing him while he was at pompy. However if Paul Smith plays like he did against arsenal on a regular basis, I don't see why Southampton need a new goalie 8)

drummindefender said:
But if Southampton get relegated it won't happen...... however I can see it happening as walker wants to move closer to London and redknapp was supposedly chasing him while he was at pompy. However if Paul Smith plays like he did against arsenal on a regular basis, I don't see why Southampton need a new goalie 8)

Walkers home is the Southampton side of London, so it makes some sense, think is really depends whether they stay up or not based on salary alone

stay as far away from this 'keeper' as possible!

Makes more mistakes than Roy Carroll. Shocking shot saver.

You guys can do 100 times better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670