Post Match Leicester City 0 Cardiff City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Ian Stringer's interview with Nigel he says that he is not going to name individuals and then names Jesse Lingard using the excuse somebody else was asking on the phone . If tough questions are to be asked Stringer should not hide behind supporters phone calls.
Pearson was quite right when he said "This is a post match interview and not a fans forum." Stringer should drop this tactic.

Enough has been invested to expect a promotion challenging side.

Pearson has brought some improvement but not nearly enough to achieve the success the owners require.

Squad make up isn't right; Pearson's selections and tactics aren't inspiring...and the team is generally unlucky. The only thing worse than having a team that isn't good enough is an unlucky team that isn't good enough.

We might make it into the play offs - but I doubt if many people believe that we have the sort of set up (and i include the manager) who would thrive in the play offs enveronment.

Enough has been invested to expect a promotion challenging side.

Pearson has brought some improvement but not nearly enough to achieve the success the owners require.

Squad make up isn't right; Pearson's selections and tactics aren't inspiring...and the team is generally unlucky. The only thing worse than having a team that isn't good enough is an unlucky team that isn't good enough.

We might make it into the play offs - but I doubt if many people believe that we have the sort of set up (and i include the manager) who would thrive in the play offs enveronment.

Playoffs is promotion challenging.

Or... we could do a Swansea?

We "did a Leicester" last season, we are "doing a Leicester" this season...which means, in all probability, that if we got promoted we'd "do a Leicester" next season with the only difference being that the cheapest season ticket would cost £700.

And I'm the only one who hankers for another season in Division III. Affordable tickets, terraces and new pubs.

At some point the owners will **** off, leaving their debt accumulated on top of Mandaric's and the club will go tits again. For what? For a couple of seasons where we spent millions of pounds we don't have on average squads to achieve **** all at prices most people can no longer afford. Brilliant.

Nope, I'm with you on League 1 as well.

We started well and should have scored but once they scored we seemed to run out of ideas. Then all we did was lump it up front which was meat and drink to the Cardiff defence. What a bunch of timewasters Cardiff were.The worst example was wben there was free kick late on and even though the whistle had definately gone the Cardiff player whacked it up to row Z in block J..

Not according to the ref, standard substitution allowance is 30 seconds per sub, so with all 6 used, that equates to 3 minutes, which is all he added on, therefore the time wasting antics of the Cardiff players must have been in all our imaginations....

I was expectating a minimum of 5 minutes

Not according to the ref, standard substitution allowance is 30 seconds per sub, so with all 6 used, that equates to 3 minutes, which is all he added on, therefore the time wasting antics of the Cardiff players must have been in all our imaginations....

I was expectating a minimum of 5 minutes

their keeper was time wasting right from the off. The ref even had a word with their captain telling him to get the goalie to hurry things up, then added 1 minute in the first half

Nope, I'm with you on League 1 as well.

No wonder you are trying to defend Pearson and the team after defeats, you actually want us to lose.

Explains many things.

This season we are a lot better than last in a lot of areas. Another season of improvement might see us more prepared. If we go up this season we will come straight back regardless of who is the manager.

Leicester have to get promotion in the next couple of seasons or otherwise we'll end up going down the route of Pompey. We are bleeding money. Staying where we are is not sustainable and therefore not an option for this club

No wonder you are trying to defend Pearson and the team after defeats, you actually want us to lose.

Explains many things.
Yep, that's exactly what I said. You definitely aren't arguing the toss over everything are you.

Although you did only quote my post and not Mawsley's. Your obsession with me and my posts was flattering at first, a bit like a pet, but now it's just a bit creepy

Last edited:

Explains many things.

Maybe I've been too harsh on you. It strikes me that your attitude on here at the moment, your sarcastic, sardonic, repeatedly negative approach, is as poisonous (and certainly as irritating) as the fans that boo at half time and don't create any atmosphere, the same fans you have consistently lampooned. Add to this, your obsessive hatred of Pearson is in the same vein as the level of dislike aimed at Beckford and Yakubu and, like the naysayers of theirs who you also attack with your thinly veiled barbs, you only focus on the bad points and ignore any good. In short, you are becoming Alan Young. You must realise this and that realisation, that you have become everything you hate, must be hard to take.

So I apologise if I have been too hard on you whilst you deal with this. But this is rapidly becoming your one ring. You need to cast it into the volcano unless you want it to consume you and end up like a Leicester Gollum, otherwise known as a Bernie.

Playoffs is promotion challenging.

I think you can do better than that.

you understood perfectly well that I was referring to automatic promotion. You also understood that I was referring to our inability to win crucial games and how this would most likely impact on our chances should we reach the play offs.

As it happens the division is very short on quality and therefore individual games are difficult to predict. Cardiff have a couple of better quality players - Bellamy is too good for the Championship.

Christmas games are particularly difficult to predict because of injuries, fixture congestion etc - so we might get a much needed win at Hull. But generally I don't think either Pearson or the squad are up to the requirements even in this poorish league.

Morgan sideways to Whitbread, sideways to Konchesky and then forward to Dyer is OK for a while but when it obviously wasn't working we kept with it!

Most teams have sussed that our left side of defence can't pass for toffee. Put them under pressure and watch the mistakes.

Really didn't think it was that bad in retrospective. For a good while, it was a game befitting of two championship contenders.

What largely pissed me off was from 65 minutes onwards, a complete lack of plan B or fight. Pearsons recultance to alter from his normal 3 subs. Never plays James or Futacs. Does not give the squad the right message. Also why aren't we giving Knocky a go behind the strikers? Or Marshall like last season?

Most teams have sussed that our left side of defence can't pass for toffee. Put them under pressure and watch the mistakes.

Really didn't think it was that bad in retrospective. For a good while, it was a game befitting of two championship contenders.

What largely pissed me off was from 65 minutes onwards, a complete lack of plan B or fight. Pearsons recultance to alter from his normal 3 subs. Never plays James or Futacs. Does not give the squad the right message. Also why aren't we giving Knocky a go behind the strikers? Or Marshall like last season?

Considering the shots off the line and bar and the saves their keeper made, we had enough chances to win it. We just need to start putting them away again.

I thought we deserved something out the game, had enough chances but couldn't finish them! Zak is a weak link in the team. Jumps into tackles to quickly and has poor distribution. He is all we have for now but we need another option (not sure St Ledger is that much better).

I am sure NP will add to the squad in January.

As earlier in the season showed, a run of results can quickly change the look of the table, so lets all enjoy Christmas and not hang ourselves just yet!

Maybe I've been too harsh on you. It strikes me that your attitude on here at the moment, your sarcastic, sardonic, repeatedly negative approach, is as poisonous (and certainly as irritating) as the fans that boo at half time and don't create any atmosphere, the same fans you have consistently lampooned. Add to this, your obsessive hatred of Pearson is in the same vein as the level of dislike aimed at Beckford and Yakubu and, like the naysayers of theirs who you also attack with your thinly veiled barbs, you only focus on the bad points and ignore any good. In short, you are becoming Alan Young. You must realise this and that realisation, that you have become everything you hate, must be hard to take.

So I apologise if I have been too hard on you whilst you deal with this. But this is rapidly becoming your one ring. You need to cast it into the volcano unless you want it to consume you and end up like a Leicester Gollum, otherwise known as a Bernie.

You really are a funny guy Matt, 'hatred' don't make me laugh, I would love to see evidence to support that theory.

I think my views are far more balanced than you dare give me credit for, nothing I say is over the top in either direction, I am merely stating the facts, as Is supported by our very poor point collection from the 30 or so available recently.

The reason I never commented on Mawsely was because he isn't the one challanging every single well reasoned realistic post with a counter argument. You seems to feel the need to contradict any post made by those of a realist standpoint, and your previous posts suggests why you are happy with these average performances, you don't actually want success.

I feel sorry for any person who truly believes that someone voicing a negative opinion on a forum is having as detrimental effect of the team as someone who boo's at the games, but then we all know you were just trying to be a clever little chappy.

If only the league was settled on who plays well for the 1st 20 minutes and who nearly scored 5 times in the 1st half but actually couldn't manage 1 goal. If only there was a luck system in which you can exchange bad luck for points, If only the metal frame that defines the goal wasn't there, If only the other teams goalie didn't have a great game, If only we had a plan B.

If only we were all so happy to sit back and accept mediocrity year after year like Matt_B

You really are a funny guy Matt, 'hatred' don't make me laugh, I would love to see evidence to support that theory.

I think my views are far more balanced than you dare give me credit for, nothing I say is over the top in either direction, I am merely stating the facts, as Is supported by our very poor point collection from the 30 or so available recently.

The reason I never commented on Mawsely was because he isn't the one challanging every single well reasoned realistic post with a counter argument. You seems to feel the need to contradict any post made by those of a realist standpoint, and your previous posts suggests why you are happy with these average performances, you don't actually want success.

I feel sorry for any person who truly believes that someone voicing a negative opinion on a forum is having as detrimental effect of the team as someone who boo's at the games, but then we all know you were just trying to be a clever little chappy.

If only the league was settled on who plays well for the 1st 20 minutes and who nearly scored 5 times in the 1st half but actually couldn't manage 1 goal. If only there was a luck system in which you can exchange bad luck for points, If only the metal frame that defines the goal wasn't there, If only the other teams goalie didn't have a great game, If only we had a plan B.

If only we were all so happy to sit back and accept mediocrity year after year like Matt_B
Wouldn't life be a nicer place eh? Look back over your last few pages of recent posts and it's like reading a Morrissey song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566