Post Match Leicester City 1 Burnley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Nugent (pen) and Ings just after the break for them.

I thought we were dreadful second half.

Last edited:
Poor second half although Burnley did play much better and made less mistakes.
I thought a few players in that second half seemed to be holding back as though we have a massive game in midweek, oh hang on ....

Last edited:
Poor second half although Burnley did play much better and made less mistakes.
I thought a few players in that second half seemed to be holding back as though we have a massive game in midweek, oh hang on ....

It's those blasted contracts

Not the worst of points. I'd have taken a point away to QPR before this game now though and now think we could really do with a win.

Really lacking a goalscorer.

We have one but he doesn't get played and now he is injured.

On the game, standard create enough chances to win the game and allow them to get a point from a goal which should have been cut out really.

Disappointing like that but Burnley were definitely one of, if not, the best to come to the KP so far this year and can see why they are up there with us.

We did well to restrict them to few efforts on goal but they could poss think they should have won it but Kasper denied them with a brilliant one on one save.

Vardy could have won it for us but he did have a good first half and was a great turn to win the penalty.

Definitely need an extra 2 or 3 to come in in January to maintain our position and if we want to push on. A striker that scores and an alternative to Knocky as he was completely shut out the game second half which restricted us.

Just got back, feeling frustrated but not at all disappointed with one point.

As usual, we flew out of the traps and really pressed them all over the pitch and forced a mistake which lead to the penalty. Nugent went on to miss a free header and we got in behind the fullbacks on numerous occasions but failed to make the most of it. Vardy should have scored too.

We gifted them a goal with some dreadful defending and went completely off the boil. We picked up again towards the end but kept missing chances, and making some poor decisions, especially Knockaert. Schlupp doesn't seem to think like a striker, GTF can hold the ball up but do little else.

It wasn't a bad performance all round, we just make life so difficult for ourselves by pondering on the ball and of course, wasting chances.

I really didn't think Burnley were all that, lots of good crossing but looked ropey at the back and very hoofy. I say it every year about sides at the top that eventually go up, but I would be astonished if they go up.

Last edited:
Shit finishing in the first half, despite creating chance after chance.

Shit everything in the second half

Knockaert feckin' awful, closely followed by the woeful James and the lumbering oaf Morgan

Two points down the shitter

What about the great save by their goalie against Knocky. I thought he was one of the few that made any impact during the second half, except for a weak corner that he'd won himself.

Vardy's control still letting him down and his header was woeful. $Nugent seemed to disappear 2nd half and it was no surprise when he came off. We needed that 2nd goal in the first half really.

Last edited:
GTF look like a throwback to one of those string of donkey strikers we had in the Craig Levein era.

What about the great save by their goalie against Knocky. I thought he was one of the few that made any impact except for a weak corner that he'd won himself.

What about the 84 times he pissed away possession in the second half ?

Absolute wank

Shit finishing in the first half, despite creating chance after chance.

Shit everything in the second half

Knockaert feckin' awful, closely followed by the woeful James and the lumbering oaf Morgan

Two points down the shitter

Knockaert was the only one offering anything towards the end.

Wasted far too many chances in the first half, second half we looked clueless.

They all seemed to doing that a lot in the second half, but like Matt said he seemed the only one going for it towards the end of the game.

I beg to differ. He fannied about and destroyed any decent possession we managed to get. Dancing around a trying step overs might look good to the simpletons, but actually he fecked up most of the limited opportunities we had in the second half.

Dyer created ten times more than Knockaert

I beg to differ. He fannied about and destroyed any decent possession we managed to get. Dancing around a trying step overs might look good to the simpletons, but actually he fecked up most of the limited opportunities we had in the second half.

I agree. There are many times when he should just take one touch and put the ball into the area. Frustrating.

Completely agree with you. He's been the same in many games this season. We work hard to get possession, pass it about a bit, give it to Knockaert and he loses possession. It happens over and over again. His end product in terms of chances created and goals scored is nowhere near worth the negative he gives us with his losing possession and often losing his marker. Dyer is another hot/cold player that frustrates but his finishing and creativity is miles superior to Knockaert.

Vardy's performance today was another perfect example of him. Excellent harrassing of defenders, running across the front line, channel play, etc. Absolutely awful close control and third rate finishing.

First half today was pretty good but we wasted too many opportunities. We didn't perform at all second half and could easily have lost. Our confidence levels seem really vulnerable. We need a win soon or we could let this bad patch set in and turn into a slump like last season.

Burnley for me were very comfortable in possession and had some good set plays and movement but they were nothing special.

Last edited:
Completely agree with you. He's been the same in many games this season. We work hard to get possession, pass it about a bit, give it to Knockaert and he loses possession. It happens over and over again. His end product in terms of chances created and goals scored is nowhere near worth the negative he gives us with his losing possession and often losing his marker. Dyer is another hot/cold player that frustrates but his finishing and creativity is miles superior to Knockaert.

Vardy's performance today was another perfect example of him. Excellent harrassing of defenders, running across the front line, channel play, etc. Absolutely awful close control and third rate finishing.

First half today was pretty good but we wasted too many opportunities. We didn't perform at all second half and could easily have lost. Our confidence levels seem really vulnerable. We need a win soon or we could let this bad patch set in and turn into a slump like last season.

Burnley for me were very comfortable in possession and had some good set plays and movement but they were nothing special.

Burnley will slump when they lose Ings and possibly Trippier in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669