Not open for further replies.
And don't get me started on Scmeichel's distribution

Disgraceful

Table next week .....

1 QPR 45
2 BURNLEY 43
3 DERBY 40
4 CITY 39

Dissappointing result after an encouraging start, we are now behind the 2pt/game target and some difficult games looming to enable us to get back on track. Today we started well with a high tempo and forced Burnley onto the backfoot and didnt allow them to settle. A 2-0 half time lead was needed with the amount of chances we created. Second half either we stopped working as hard or they improved greatly or both. They kept Knocky quiet and also took over the midfield. IMO Burnley are not automatic promotion candidates (especially if they lose any key players), that said on our 2nd half showing we will have to improve to make top 6. Wood has his critics but he scores goals in this league and when fit we need him to embark on one of his scoring runs. As for the defence i was not overly worried about Ings during the game but you cannot leave goalscorers unmarked in the box. Next week is going to need a "backs to the wall defensive performance", but does NP know our strongest defensive back 4? We will certainly need the strikers/midfield to work and close down opponents as Vardy did today

Last edited:
I beg to differ. He fannied about and destroyed any decent possession we managed to get. Dancing around a trying step overs might look good to the simpletons, but actually he fecked up most of the limited opportunities we had in the second half.

Dyer created ten times more than Knockaert
Agreed. I wish he would just play football and concentrate on the simple stuff.

Off the pitch I thought it was ironic that they constantly advertise Singha beer despite it being sold out on the concourse. The catering is still farcial - long queues, only a couple of people serving at each outlet and they had run out of the veggie pies before the game started!

And don't get me started on Scmeichel's distribution

Disgraceful

His kicking was poor I agree, however I thought his throwing was good, starting some promising moves for us. Plus he made a top save when I think James put us in trouble.

What cost us today was poor finishing and starting the second half terribly

His kicking was poor I agree, however I thought his throwing was good, starting some promising moves for us. Plus he made a top save when I think James put us in trouble.

What cost us today was poor finishing and starting the second half terribly
Wasn't that RDL?

Burnley will be happier with the point but we are in a bit of a bad spell so 1 point against the league leaders isn't a bad result.

Better position than many would have hoped for at this stage of the season.

moore and de late both looked like they were lacking games, knocky thinks he is better than he is and Vardy is the type of player Leicester fans like. Runs around a lot chasing lost causes but doesn't really have much else.

GTF look like a throwback to one of those string of donkey strikers we had in the Craig Levein era.

I agree. Neither Taylor Fletcher not Schlupp looked as good as the players they replaced.

Nugent and Vardy both have good qualities but we miss a striker who will get the scrappy goals the way that Fryatt used to do.

The team will be picked for effectiveness not entertainment but I do enjoy watching Knockaert.

Knocky really has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet as without him, we are an extremely average and bland side.

He may have gave the ball away a few times but he was still involved in most of our chances.

Same with Kasper - he may have kicked one or two out but that one on one save from Vokes totally eclipses that as not many keepers, even in the division above would have stopped that.

I did notice this bit
boss Nigel Pearson made three changes to the team that had lost at Brighton a week earlier.
In came fit again Ritchie De Laet, Burnley fan Matty James and Liam Moore who came in for Wasilewski,

Which might explain this
Shit finishing in the first half, despite creating chance after chance.

Shit everything in the second half

Knockaert feckin' awful, closely followed by the woeful James and the lumbering oaf Morgan

Two points down the shitter

Interesting to see the away fans attendance figure quoted. Some clubs give out this information when they announce the total before the end of the game. Anyone know why our club doesn't?

It's a pointless bit of information, as is the attendance in general, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669