Post Match Leicester City 1 Reading 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
wahooo cans are gonna be opening soon!

Nice - we just need QPR and Forest to draw 0-0 and that'll make my day.

forest win would be good for us too

Happy Christmas continues.

A good result against a strong Reading side.

A win on Saturday would be a good return from the festive period.

Completely comfortable, Kasper made one stunning save from a Drenthe free kick but apart from that we never looked like conceding...... Apart from when we conceded the offside header.

Moore was man of the match for me, very brave and committed with decent distribution too. The whole back five generally kept their concentration very well, especially with the power cuts going on.

James, Drinkwater and Vardy were all superb again. Bring on Bolton!

We were so in control, it's almost shameful that it only finished 1-0.

Superb from Vardy, James, and Nugent. Back four were decent. Knocky good in first half, absolutely awful in the second

Waghorn an embarrassment, to be honest - not quite as embarrassing as the clapping on twelve minutes. Talk about small time club, FFS

Onwards and upwards, you muthas

Everything good we were doing was coming through Knockaert in the first half and he created several good openings second half.

I don't know what people expect from Knockaert and Dyer, they're the players our attacking game goes through and the reason we've had more shots on goal this season than any other team in the entirety of English league football.

It's quite clear to me it's the finishing that's the problem not the creating of chances. Yet again we should've beaten them 4 or 5 nil but couldn't finish.

I don't know what people expect from Knockaert and Dyer, they're the players our attacking game goes through and the reason we've had more shots on goal this season than any other team in the entirety of English league football.

I have two problems with Knockaert. The first one is his impact in terms of goals and assists. He does precious little of either for someone who is fundamentally a luxury player. Yes, he collapsed appropriately for the penalty today, but how often does he score or play a killer pass for someone else to score? The answer is nowhere near enough. His passing, crossing and shooting are actually pretty poor.

My second issue with him is not necessarily his fault. It is the position he plays in a 4-4-2, because he offers no protection for the right back as he routinely doesn't track back and floats out of position. As a result, when he plays right midfield, we're vulnerable to a decent left sided attack. See Man City whose first two goals came this way, or numerous other examples this season. I'd prefer Knockaert to play as the second striker where his roaming and lack of discipline matter less.

The lad is genuinely talented and I enjoy those moments of quality that he produces as much as anyone. However, I personally don't see him delivering often enough and I find his wasting of possession and lack of end product infuriating.

On the other hand, Dyer is having his best season for us by a country mile. We all know about his limitations, but his goals, assists, impact and work rate are much higher than anything that comes from his French colleague.

Last edited:
Everything good we were doing was coming through Knockaert in the first half and he created several good openings second half.

It's quite clear to me it's the finishing that's the problem not the creating of chances. Yet again we should've beaten them 4 or 5 nil but couldn't finish.

We expect too much, if he was the finished article he wouldn't be here he would be in the Prem.

For the first time in along time we have two genuinely exciting outlets on each flank. Great stuff!

How many chances did they put on a plate for people? We got into good positions, but the final ball was often straight at the first man, or sliced out for a goal kick, none of them ever really found a player in a decent scoring position.

I'd say the quality of our final ball, and decision making in their box is currently more of a problem than finishing, as we aren't creating what i would say are clear cut chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566