Post Match Leicester City 3-0 Charlton Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good game to watch from the point of view of people watching at least.

Knockaert got injured, lay on the floor and everyone ignored him as Vardy raced towards the goal. He briefly stopped writhing around, picked his head up to watch the ball go in, then started rolling around again until they came back to give him treatment :icon_bigg

Knockaert and Nugent were messing around together towards the end. They clearly felt no danger, were trying moves out between each other, and were obviously enjoying being on the pitch.

I thought it was good to see that after the 2nd (I think) goal everyone player, with the obvious exception of Kasper, came over to celebrate together. There appears to be a great team spirit going on with really high confidence.

The most interesting stat for me in those two tables is the swing against Burnley. After twenty games, we were one point behind them. Now, we're eight ahead. That is despite them losing just one game in that thirteen match run.

It shows two things, how key wins are against draws. Also, how massive away wins are in this league. That's what has separated us.

I'm still around: just having PC problems, at the moment. The season is terrific - only one thing could have made it better.....⑧

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

The most interesting stat for me in those two tables is the swing against Burnley. After twenty games, we were one point behind them. Now, we're eight ahead. That is despite them losing just one game in that thirteen match run.

It shows two things, how key wins are against draws. Also, how massive away wins are in this league. That's what has separated us.

And QPR only took 15 points in the same period.

And QPR only took 15 points in the same period.

Some stats a Derby fan posted on another site a few days ago:

If you recall, McClaren was head coach at QPR for their first 9 games of the season while 'Arry convalesced following his summer operation.

QPR first 9 games:
P9 W7 D2 L0 F10 A2 PTS23 PPG2.56

QPR record since McClaren has left:
P22 W9 D6 L7 F27 A23 PTS33 PPG1.5

Meanwhile, at the iPride, here we have Clough's record for the first 9 games:
P9 W3 D2 L4 F14 A13 PTS11 PPG1.22

Then we had the interregnum of Derby 4, Ipswich 4

Then McClaren's record at Derby is:
P22 W15 D4 L3 F42 A23 PTS49 PPG2.23

QPR's strength is their defence and he had it at maximum, generally winning games 1-0. Our strength is our attack, so he has us winning games 2-1.

Our midfield were brilliant; the interchange of passing, little one-twos and the movement off the ball was excellent. If Knocky finished off that volley, we had goal of the season.

I mentioned last week that teams are visiting and expecting a hammering. Charlton proved to be the case again and Powell conceded that. I'm starting to believe that simply this alone will be enough for promotion with our home games left.

Stretched comparisons to Barcelona in the Greenwich press...

"It might be stretching it a bit to compare Nigel Pearson’s well-schooled team with majestic Barcelona but their stall is set out to emulate the masters. Rarely dribbling past opponents, they prefer instead to progress through sharp passing to feet, which invites interceptions as the ball zips from player to player but offers few opportunities to do so. And 62 goals in 33 league games means they take their chances. Even at this modest level, Charlton were hitched to an exhausting carousel which has frustrated so many of Barcelona’s victims".

http://www.greenwich.co.uk/sport/10752-kevin-nolans-match-report-leicester-city-v-charlton-1314/

Better late than never but this was an extremely satisfying win and never looked in doubt from kick-off despite them being a bogey team for us for a number of years!

Big credit to the players but also PeeSting as he appears to have the players focused and grounded 100% that we're not there yet and can't slow up until we are there.

Burnley beating Derby was a very nice favour and does put us in an extremely promising position but we seen the swing from the previous 13 games and our rise. Now we just have to make sure we aren't on the receiving end of the same swing for the final 13 games but if we keep going like we are up until we play Burnley, it should be over by then pretty much! Still won't be getting excited or carried away before the end of the month though as said a month or 2 back as anything can happen in football.

Better late than never but this was an extremely satisfying win and never looked in doubt from kick-off despite them being a bogey team for us for a number of years!

Big credit to the players but also PeeSting as he appears to have the players focused and grounded 100% that we're not there yet and can't slow up until we are there.

Burnley beating Derby was a very nice favour and does put us in an extremely promising position but we seen the swing from the previous 13 games and our rise. Now we just have to make sure we aren't on the receiving end of the same swing for the final 13 games but if we keep going like we are up until we play Burnley, it should be over by then pretty much! Still won't be getting excited or carried away before the end of the month though as said a month or 2 back as anything can happen in football.

****ing hell, it took you nearly a week to 'pen' that? :)

3 paragraphs is a lot for me so I had to get my mum to proof read it first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669