Post Match Leicester City 3-0 Charlton Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been said above, this season is quite remarkable and we need to enjoy it as much as we can, as it will be a long time before it happens again in any league.

I was driving listening to 5 live today and it reminded me of driving home from a Cornwall holiday listening to the radio on the opening weekend, and being frankly accepting of the fact we were a goal down to Boro after a summer where I had not wanted to even think about football. And the complete surprise of (a) winning and (b) Jamie scoring. Never saw this coming.

Two points a game for 100 pts.

The title doesn't really matter, but I grew up being proud of the fact we had the joint record most Second Division titles with Man C. If we win this we will level them at seven. A little thing I know but I would love us to win it.

Goals from the home game against Charlton 22 Years ago (well almost). Looks like we were playing some pretty good stuff then as well.

Was there. We were bloody good that year. And this current side pisses all over that lot.

Remarkable season. Those with the chance to attend: I'm jealous.

That said I'll get to watch them on Telly every single game next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
As has been said above, this season is quite remarkable and we need to enjoy it as much as we can, as it will be a long time before it happens again in any league.

I was driving listening to 5 live today and it reminded me of driving home from a Cornwall holiday listening to the radio on the opening weekend, and being frankly accepting of the fact we were a goal down to Boro after a summer where I had not wanted to even think about football. And the complete surprise of (a) winning and (b) Jamie scoring. Never saw this coming.

Two points a game for 100 pts.

The title doesn't really matter, but I grew up being proud of the fact we had the joint record most Second Division titles with Man C. If we win this we will level them at seven. A little thing I know but I would love us to win it.

I'd love us to win the title.. from this position anything other would be a body blow.

Today was almost too easy. Wasyl was superb and his distribution excellent. Knockaert worked tirelessly and was at the heart of everything we did going forward. James and Drinkwater controlled the game as always and Mahrez has the potentially to be very good for us - so silky and just glides by players

I feel like I can finally say it... we're going up! :)

13 point lead with 13 games to go... feels bloody good right now! Let's just keep winning and set some records along the way :)

What's the earliest automatic promotion has been secured mathematically from this league?

Was there. We were bloody good that year. And this current side pisses all over that lot
We were a direct team that relied heavily on Walsh, saying that Thompson was a great player for us that season. Players like him might be too slow in the current standard of 2nd tier, but loved watching him dictate the play.

Goals from the home game against Charlton 22 Years ago (well almost).
give or take a year :icon_wink I don't think I've been to as many home games since that season. Used to go with my old man.

As Miles says gutted to be far away this season.

Let's just enjoy what we are currently doing at the moment. Unprecedented stuff.

I know what he means but I don't think I'd be happy with Chris Powell's comments if I was a Charlton fan;

"Then really it was a question of making sure we came away from here with not a massive defeat and I suppose I've got to be happy with 3-0."

Anyone else hear the commentator on the Football League Show announce Nottingham is now in Lancashire? Things really aren't looking good for Florist. It's looking like the top two will have to **** up massively to be moved.

You mean I've been worrying for nothing?

The time for worry is over. Have a look at our remaining games, all of the teams we've got left to play are below us in the league table.

So then..... 20 games into the season and we are just about to play QPR away and the table looks like this....

Untitled.jpg

13 games later did you think in your wildest dreams we would be here....

Untitled2.jpg

Unbelievable work Mr Pearson and team!!!! :038::038::038::038::038::038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673