Post Match Leicester City 3 - 1 Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair when we had bought up all the tickets we were offered it could have been chaos if Lesta fans had turned up in great numbers.The fact so few of you arrived can hardly be seen as he fault of the constabulary

To be fair when we had bought up all the tickets we were offered it could have been chaos if Lesta fans had turned up in great numbers.The fact so few of you arrived can hardly be seen as he fault of the constabulary

The problem is when we play the smaller teams like Hull some fans aren't as fussed about going. Even so we managed to draw in 20,000 which is 5,000 more than you have managed to get at the KC this season, so it isn't too bad.

Last edited:
I understood it was the police who cited 'safety' as an issue if both clubs are at home on the same day. I find it pathetic that they can't police a total combined, crowd of maximum 45,000, the bad days of football, ( not rugby), when opposing fans took their rivalry outside the ground have gone. I don't think the proximity of the hospital adds any safety issues, after all its been there for as long as both clubs, its a nice excuse. I believe its the policing costs,and after the Leeds decision in the High Court, which determined that the club was not responsible for policing costs outside of Elland Road,so its the issue of overtime payments to police officers, which would have to come out of the existing police budget such payments would obviously increase when both clubs are at home on the same day additional traffic and crowd control et cetera.

the bad days of football, when opposing fans took their rivalry outside the ground have gone.

Those days most certainly have not 'gone'

payments would obviously increase when both clubs are at home on the same day additional traffic and crowd control et cetera.

I'm not sure how you reach that conclusion. Surely it'd result in more costs when spread over two separate days

Hazzman.I take it you were not there-our section full to the brim

The section of the away area you actually sold was fullish. You could have had a larger away section should the demand have been there. Plainly, it wasnt.

Last edited:
I remember when we use play on the same day, even when the kick offs were staggered. It was a fecking nightmare getting a parking space and it took twice as long to get home.

Considering your team could have gone top of the table, bringing a paltry 1500 fans was truly pitiful.

Brings down credibility of the whole league having duffer clubs like you and Peterborough mixing it with us proper clubs

I think Doncaster would bring more than that little group

You have mistakenly thought that having your fans filling the area up to the black security sheeting means a full away end. If you noticed, the empty seats either side of the sheeting are also allocated to away fans. The sheeting had to be bought closer in because there were so few of you.

Great result super nugent,Abit dissapointed their was alot of empty seats but found it funny bruce got sent from the touchline.well done lads

The strange thing is that from my viewpoint the assistant referee got it quite right. And it was only about a throw in. At least when Ian Holloway got annoyed it was about the goal that decided the game.

I have always held Steve Bruce in high regard as a player and a manager. When we played Sunderland pre-season two years ago he took time out to sign kiddies autograph books. It was disappointing to see him humiliated but the referee had little choice.

Average Leicester Tigers attandances are up but our attendances are down, never used to be a problem. I guess it might be should we both sell out.

Spion there were so many empty seats I thought it might be rude and hurtful to mention it

Maybe if you'd have brought a decent following there would have been fewer empty seats? 1400 is laughable for a weekend game where you could have gone top of the table.

I'm embarrassed that the powers that be in the City of Leicester consider it impossible that both clubs can play on the same day.
It's an absolute joke.

It is due to the coincidence of both the Tigers ground and the City ground being close to the Royal Infirmary and the problems this has caused for emergency vehicles when both are on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566