Post Match Leicester City 3 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still havent seen the goals....missed them on Skysports, missed them on the Beeb... grrrr.

Ratings for me:

Schmeichel - Made an absolutely fantastic point blank save which may have turned the match. 8

Peltier - Looked threatening going forward - 7
St. Ledger - That was the player I was hoping we'd signed, that was the player who Ireland fans constantly wax lyrical about. 9
Mills - Much better today - 8
Konchesky - Shaky at the back. - 5

Gallagher - Essentially won the match with two incredible strikes. 9
King - As said above, he was exceptional defensively today. To me, his defensive ability has always been a bigger strength that his attacking ability. 9
Wellens - Ran the midfield expertly. Wellens puts in performances like this every now and again and you wonder why he can't do it every week. - 9
Dyer - Disappointing. - 5

Beckford - Well taken goal, but really should've scored a hat-trick missed 2 real sitters. 6
Nugent - Huffed and puffed, but the ball was played to much with his back to go to get involved enough. 6

Subs:
Howard - Crap. (Though did provide a great comedy moment in which he did this sort of turning chest down while falling over) 4
Schlupp - Showed glimpses of promise though it was laced in naivety. 6
Abe - Definitely not a right back, was being turned inside out. 4

MOTM could go to any one of SSL, Gallagher, King or Wellens really.

Agree mostly with that except I'd give Konchesky 8 and Gally 7.

First half was pretty poor and scrappy by both sides...bore all the hallmarks of the majority of our performances this season at home. It was hard to see who was the home team at that stage. Palace had a few chances or half chances throughout, thankfully nothing came of it. Second half we improved a bit and you could see more direct passing that managed to find feet, though not outstanding stuff. After goals more confidence, yes the Gally screamers were lucky in so much that most long range efforts are blazed over, but then again he is the best striker of the ball we have. So yes if palace had taken 1 of their chances and gally had blazed over, you wouldnt see ppl going hyperbole like they are right now. Yes i`m very happy, but i don`t think Nige changed much at all, at least not for now

Gally didn't have his best game despite scoring two fabulous goals. If you think otherwise then you weren't there. He was quite poor in the first half especially.

You're right, I wasnt there and it was a comment based on PR's post.

Last edited:
Were Crystal Palace the better team for 60 minutes?? Their Manager thinks so (finally saw the goals, yay!)

So yes if palace had taken 1 of their chances and gally had blazed over, you wouldnt see ppl going hyperbole like they are right now.

:icon_lol:

This is how football works: teams who take their chances win games. We took three chances, they took none.

First half was pretty poor and scrappy by both sides...bore all the hallmarks of the majority of our performances this season at home. It was hard to see who was the home team at that stage. Palace had a few chances or half chances throughout, thankfully nothing came of it. Second half we improved a bit and you could see more direct passing that managed to find feet, though not outstanding stuff. After goals more confidence, yes the Gally screamers were lucky in so much that most long range efforts are blazed over, but then again he is the best striker of the ball we have. So yes if palace had taken 1 of their chances and gally had blazed over, you wouldnt see ppl going hyperbole like they are right now. Yes i`m very happy, but i don`t think Nige changed much at all, at least not for now

What bollocks. If Beckford had taken his then there would be more hyperbole. What happened, happened. Both of Gally's goals had no amount of luck, they were both technically brilliant. Most long range efforts hit with that power and skill go in.

I'm sorry to be in such a put down mood tonight, but what is this "if we hadn't have taken our chances people wouldn't have been as happy with our performance" nonsense? I mean, really.

You could say that about any game ever played.

I'm sorry to be in such a put down mood tonight, but what is this "if we hadn't have taken our chances people wouldn't have been as happy with our performance" nonsense? I mean, really.

Worth mentioning Speroni made three excellent saves as well as Kasper making two very good ones.

People are so entrenched in their negative head space that they need to make stuff up to be negative about. On another day we could won 34-0, or lost by the same score. There is no luck in losing 0-3 to Millwall nor in our win today.

Konchesky - Shaky at the back. - 5

I must have been at a different game. He was perfectly OK at the back but would get at least an 8 for being up as well and heavily involved in the first two goals.

If you watch the interview with Gally that's on Foxes Player, both goals are shown during the interview.

Awesome strikes. The first was right bang in the corner. Unstoppable.

I think the 35 yard claim from Stringer on the second one was a bit generous though!

Every cloud has a shit coloured lining...

the Gally screamers were lucky in so much that most long range efforts are blazed over

Oh for fox sake. Yes, most long range efforts do go over but his two today were perfectly hit and more importantly, he was always in control of both shots.

Looking at his second again on Sky and his body shape tells me that he made the effort to keep the shot below the bar.

"Lucky" my arse.

To be fair to Beckford on that sitter, he was a little unlucky; he tried to side foot it wide of the keeper, but Speroni just got a foot to it.
Personally I felt that he 'expected' to score and fluffed. I was sat in P3 and he was shooting toward me and it looked a little too weak. Hey ho, we all sit in different places and consequently have a different perspective. Pleased for him on his goal though, superb anticipation and well deserved.

Oh for fox sake. Yes, most long range efforts do go over but his two today were perfectly hit and more importantly, he was always in control of both shots.

Looking at his second again on Sky and his body shape tells me that he made the effort to keep the shot below the bar.

"Lucky" my arse.
Agreed. He was on form today. Look at his free kick, cleared by the keeper and on target. Both excellent goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669