Post Match Leicester City 3 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings for me:

King - As said above, he was exceptional defensively today. To me, his defensive ability has always been a bigger strength that his attacking ability. 9

He was fantastic today, his defensive diving header early on was brilliant and I'm sure they would have scored had he not got there. He was everywhere today supporting defence and attack.

Gally didn't have his best game despite scoring two fabulous goals. If you think otherwise then you weren't there. He was quite poor in the first half especially.

I was there and a couple of minutes before the first goal I commented on how he was having a good game.

I'd forgotten how much I used to enjoy watching Nigel and how involved he gets, throwing down his water bottle in disgust then having to go to pick it back up etc.

I was there and a couple of minutes before the first goal I commented on how he was having a good game.

I'd forgotten how much I used to enjoy watching Nigel and how involved he gets, throwing down his water bottle in disgust then having to go to pick it back up etc.

Not wrong there Siouxsie, said to the guy behind me how it felt a bit deja-vous today (no feckin idea how to spell that btw!), but same old NP pash. Reckon he's happy to be back.

He was fantastic today, his defensive diving header early on was brilliant and I'm sure they would have scored had he not got there. He was everywhere today supporting defence and attack.

Agreed. It was vital he made that header and very brave. Had it gone in, Palace may well have won the game 0-1.

Oh for fox sake. Yes, most long range efforts do go over but his two today were perfectly hit and more importantly, he was always in control of both shots.

Looking at his second again on Sky and his body shape tells me that he made the effort to keep the shot below the bar.

"Lucky" my arse.

I think the point we are trying to make is you can't rely on long range efforts week in week out. The success ratio is low. We got 2 in a game which is fantastic, but it doesn't mean we are suddenly a changed outfit. That's why I wanted to know how many chances we created inside the box. I'm ecstatic with the result, but I'm not going to take a 3-0 at face value and neither would any manager.

Said the same, kept ensuring my words were loud with that twatface two rows up from me who berates him.

I think the point we are trying to make is you can't rely on long range efforts week in week out. The success ratio is low. We got 2 in a game which is fantastic, but it doesn't mean we are suddenly a changed outfit. That's why I wanted to know how many chances we created inside the box. I'm ecstatic with the result, but I'm not going to take a 3-0 at face value and neither would any manager.

This is very glass half empty/ glass full. Some of us are positive, others not.

This is very glass half empty/ glass full. Some of us are positive, others not.

I don't think it was meant that way at all. There have been many games in the past where our performances haven't been reflected by the scoreline, both in good and bad ways. The scoreline is obviously good but having not seen the game he wants to know whether or not our overall performance is anything to be excited about for the future.

Yep and there was another block when we were 1-0 down when he completely threw himself at the ball and stopped a dangerous looking attack.

King's defensive work always gets very underrated for me, I still think he's probably a better defensive player than he is an attacking player.

I don't think it was meant that way at all. There have been many games in the past where our performances haven't been reflected by the scoreline, both in good and bad ways. The scoreline is obviously good but having not seen the game he wants to know whether or not our overall performance is anything to be excited about for the future.
Okay, fair enough. :icon_bigg

Just off the top of my head, may have missed some.

1. Nugent mishit a free shot on goal from about 12 yards inside the first minute.
2. Beckford had a poor first touch when he was absolutely one-on-one after Schmeichel's long ball.
3. Beckford also completely fluffed a shot after being one-on-one again with Speroni just after his goal.
4. Beckford had a free header towards the end of the first half from about 8 yards out which he looped harmlessly over.
5. Wellens had a shot in the second half from about 8 yards after a well worked move which Speroni saved really well to tip wide.
6. Gallagher had a free shot on goal from about 8 yards out in the first half which he mishit and passed straight to Speroni.
7. Speroni made a semi-wondersave in the first half from a shot from the edge of the area though I can't remember who from.

I'm not saying we were perfect and we did get opened up a few times too easily today, but creating chances is definitely one thing I couldn't complain about. We created plenty of chances from both outside and inside the box today.

Last edited:
Yep and there was another block when we were 1-0 down when he completely threw himself at the ball and stopped a dangerous looking attack.

King's defensive work always gets very underrated for me, I still think he's probably a better defensive player than he is an attacking player.

:icon_lol:

What bollocks. If Beckford had taken his then there would be more hyperbole. What happened, happened. Both of Gally's goals had no amount of luck, they were both technically brilliant. Most long range efforts hit with that power and skill go in.
I didnt mean luck as in " oh u jammy date"..of course he meant it and of course they were brilliantly executed

Oh I do miss Melts. He'd have had you for breakfast with that remark :icon_smil

I've been on here for 7 years so I'm sure you'll have to explain that not only to me but for most of the other peeps as well.

Quite an entertaining game - Palace were well in it even at 1-0 down. 2 wonder strikes good enough to win any game and a solid display from the defence. Yes, they had some chances but we blocked shots well and Kasper saved when required. All in all an encouraging start for Nigel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669