Post Match Leicester City 6 (SIX) - 0 Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd Dyer. Where did that come from? Rather than the normal speedy runs down the wing which usually end up in a very poor cross or a mis-hit shot, he was clinical and a constant threat. Early on we picked up that Bradley Orr had barely played all season and Dyer gave him a total roasting. Persistance for the penalty, quality strike for the third, vision for the fourth and on the sixth, a great assist.

Gotta love Lloyd. From his total ignorance of the local media, he never moans, rarely gets booked and seems to love it here. Almost seems old-fashioned that he's now in his fifth season and regularly played in those seasons. Been ages since we had that sort of player (King excluded)

Almost nice to hear the applause and support for Waghorn. A very rare example of a decent amount of the City support actually getting behind a player and supporting him. Normally, it's boos and jeers. Definetly, the goal which was cheered the most.

Last edited:
What do people think about Futacs? I cannot make up my mind. He looks inept but very tall players often do. The decision to replace Nugent with Vardy suggests that Futacs is not high in the pecking order. However, two good goals this season is a remarkable reward for very few minutes on the pitch.

Told ya !

What was chambers like? He left us to play for a big club :icon_mrgr

Lloyd Dyer. Where did that come from? Rather than the normal speedy runs down the wing which usually end up in a very poor cross or a mis-hit shot, he was clinical and a constant threat. Early on we picked up that Bradley Orr had barely played all season and Dyer gave him a total roasting. Persistance for the penalty, quality strike for the third, vision for the fourth and on the sixth, a great assist.

Gotta love Lloyd. From his total ignorance of the local media, he never moans, rarely gets booked and seems to love it here. Almost seems old-fashioned that he's now in his fifth season and regularly played in those seasons. Been ages since we had that sort of player (King excluded)

Almost nice to hear the applause and support for Waghorn. A very rare example of a decent amount of the City support actually getting behind a player and supporting him. Normally, it's boos and jeers. Definetly, the goal which was cheered the most.

Shakespeare said post-match that the staff had identified Orr's weakness before the game and told the players to get the ball to Dyer early on. Certainly paid off.

Fantastic result and a shame I could only listen to it. Dyer sounded immense on the radio, every time he got the ball he seemed to create something and after watching the highlights, was a very well taken goal. He's really come on this season it seems. At the start I would have had him down as an excellent bench player to potentially change the game late on but on recent form, he's got to be one of the first names on the teamsheet!

Delighted for Waghorn too as his play over the past few games has been deserving of the credit he is finally receiving now and again, looked to be a very well taken goal. He may not be the Messi or Ronaldo which some fans seem to expect us to have, but he his more than capable of chipping in with 10+ goals for us and from recent showing, could easily get more and is definitely our second striker for the time being.

Shame that Vardy couldn't get on the score sheet too as that would have been the icing on the cake but 6 goals in a game and 3 different strikers scoring - what goal scoring problem!?

Very good chance for 5 wins on the bounce here too.

What do people think about Futacs? I cannot make up my mind. He looks inept but very tall players often do. The decision to replace Nugent with Vardy suggests that Futacs is not high in the pecking order. However, two good goals this season is a remarkable reward for very few minutes on the pitch.

Saw him have about half an hour against Watford and didn't think much to him. Didn't win as many headers as I expected, probably down to the fact he doesn't seem to be very strong. Quite a poor first touch too from what I remember. Seems to be decent in front of goal though.

It was the goal I was happiest with. Whatever my doubts about his ability the lad tries and tries and in recent weeks has been playing very well. Like Dyer and King he comes across as the kind of player who actually enjoys being here and is willing to work for his opportunities to play. I was delighted for him.

I've been one of Waghorn's biggest critics on here but if continues to play like he has the past 3 or 4 games I'll happily eat my words. Well worth his place in the side on current form.

Futacs has played 87 minutes of first team football this season and scored two goals. If PEAR Son had played Futacs for all 90 minutes of every game this season and he could maintain this strike rate until the end, then he would finish with 95.17 goals. If we made the playoff final then the extra three games would mean that he would score 101.38 goals. This would make him only the seventh player to break the 100 goal barrier and place him only 1.62 goals behind the legendary Gary Lineker.

Waghorn's goals to games ratio this season would get him 7.26 over the entire term.

Makes you wonder what goes through PEAR Son's mind.

All the above are FACTS.

Futacs has played 87 minutes of first team football this season and scored two goals. If PEAR Son had played Futacs for all 90 minutes of every game this season and he could maintain this strike rate until the end, then he would finish with 95.17 goals. If we made the playoff final then the extra three games would mean that he would score 101.38 goals. This would make him only the seventh player to break the 100 goal barrier and place him only 1.62 goals behind the legendary Gary Lineker.

Waghorn's goals to games ratio this season would get him 7.26 over the entire term.

Makes you wonder what goes through PEAR Son's mind.

All the above are FACTS.
I love Tangly. I wish he/she was here more often.

Watched EM Today and they led with Carl Froch before moving on to the weekend's football. They gushed whilst Frochy sat there with a rictus grin as Alan Young said nice things about LCFC and Lloyd Dyer especially.

As Frochy's all time Forest XI includes Wes, MON, Shilts and Stan the Man, he's practically a shoo in to become Filbert Fox when he hangs up his gloves, but he didn't look that impressed, I have to say.

Really this 6-0 is the gift that keeps on giving.

Yeah, but Lineker didn't score them all in just the one season though. The lazy wanker. No ambition that lad.

Yeah, but Lineker didn't score them all in just the one season though. The lazy wanker. No ambition that lad.
He lust for for crisps distracted him like others after him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670