Post Match Leicester City - FA CUP WINNERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I are having our first child due in July.

I love that my daughter is going to be born into a world where Leicester are the FA Cup holders!

My wife has said no Leicester related names, but promised me yesterday after the Mount save that when we get a dog he will be called Kasper (need to get used to a baby first though!)

Fox cuddly toy on the way for the baby girl too!
Congratulations! Youri Tillymans

What about a double barrel name, they are all the rage

Sweet molly-malone

What about a double barrel name, they are all the rage

Sweet molly-malone

It's mental how many players have double barrel surnames now. The working man's game is now full of the aristocracy it seems. World's gone mad with all these Trent Darbys and Saxe Coburgs.

Don't even get me started on these Masons....ffs

My wife and I are having our first child due in July.

I love that my daughter is going to be born into a world where Leicester are the FA Cup holders!

My wife has said no Leicester related names, but promised me yesterday after the Mount save that when we get a dog he will be called Kasper (need to get used to a baby first though!)

Fox cuddly toy on the way for the baby girl too!
Congratulations.
It shows just how far we have come. My 15 year old dog is called Elvis.

It's mental how many players have double barrel surnames now. The working man's game is now full of the aristocracy it seems. World's gone mad with all these Trent Darbys and Saxe Coburgs.

Don't even get me started on these Masons....ffs
I thought it was often Mother and Fathers last name when they are not married?

I thought it was often Mother and Fathers last name when they are not married?

I could be wrong but back in the olden days it was to stop names disappearing when there wasn't an heir to keep it going. Me n the missus weren't married for the first one...didn't even cross our minds to include Hull as an addition to my stupid surname.

If she doesn't know much about Leicester City you could still get away with a less obvious name

For a girl you could use Arnar Gunnlaugsson

I mean, Jamie is pretty gender neutral...

I'll settle for the dog name, but still working on getting the baby into a Leicester shirt

Reflecting on this now. A nice 4-0 pasting of them would've resulted in me not waking up with agony from too much teeth grinding. But the manner of the win is about as perfect as you could get. A superb goal, Kasper with those ridiculous saves and them ****s thinking they'd equalised. All ****ing beautiful moments that will last long in the memory.

The dust has settled for me now. Yesterday was a day of puking and dry wretching. Today is about rehydration.

On the match, it was too tense to enjoy. I can't remember being so nervous, even the play off finals seem to pale in comparison. At half time I felt better. I had a good feeling that we were going to have a better second half so 0-0 was good.

The goal was one of those ones where you had a chance to rise from your seat before the shot as you just kind of new it was about to rocket in to the net. A true true goal of the highest order at the pinnacle of the game. Lovely stuff.

The second save from Schmeichel is on par with the goal in my humble opinion. That's a safe of the highest order at the pinnacle of the game. More lovely stuff.

The goal that wasn't. I was resigned, gutted, saddened, and..... on glimpse of the replay angle, over the moon. It was clearly offside to me and duly chalked off. More celebrations. The last few minutes were actually rather pleasant. Just couldn't see them scoring. And they didn't. And the rest as they say is history.

Best part for me was that my dad got to go. He's been unwell so was 50/50 for the match but got himself there and back in I've piece. Can't imagine it would have done his heart much good but as a life long fan, you're not going to miss that match are you?

Wish I could have been there, but was well and truly there in spirit (and in beers and in wines).

The champagne tipped me over the edge but all well well worth it.

Watching the replay of the goal, for me the most pleasing aspect is the genuine noise from the crowd. Sexual. Oh, and Vardy geeing up the crowd with a big "come on!" was great to see. He loves playing in front of fans more than most.

Well done to all you ****ers too. I'm sure you have your own stories but I bet they aren't too dissimilar to the above.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season will happen. Anything else for me is a bonus. We've won the FA Cup. Let that sink in for a moment. The greatest cup competition in the history of football, if not on the history of sport itself. And we, little old Leicester City, have won it.

As usual, vote Joe_Fox, you tossers.

Over and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673