Leicester City Players in Euro 2016 or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
England have all the makings of being something funny enough to be worth watching.

I can't wait to hear the excuses this time around.

I reiterate my comment from yesterday about International Managers selecting players based upon reputation rather than current form. I will add that playing for a "glamour" club automatically adds to that reputation. Could you imagine DD being left out of the squad if he played for Manure?

I am preparing for four weeks (probably less) of boredom but at least I have the option of supporting France with Kante being the player of the tournament.

I'm unreasonably annoyed by all of this. It's just an absolute farce and says so much about the England setup.
I'm not. Much as I think it should be different, it's how it is. I don't think any of this is a massive shock to anyone, is it?

1sYNTqe

http://bbc.in/1sYNTqe
I just hope Wilshere can stay fit - DD fits into his slot very well in this starting XI, unlike anyone else really. Still, Mr Roy has been showing he knows more than me about managing football teams for 30 years now

And let's be fair, Danny has had the advantage of having Kante play either side of him in his club side - no one else has benefited like that.

And let's be fair, Danny has had the advantage of having Kante play either side of him in his club side - no one else has benefited like that.

He was just as good when Kante wasn't in the team

Wilshere, Sturridge or Henderson will get injured either before or within the first game. I wouldn't book any holidays Danny.

But harsh on Henderson, who has had one injury rather than the pattern that the other two have established

I'm not. Much as I think it should be different, it's how it is. I don't think any of this is a massive shock to anyone, is it?

Not surprised, but Englands seemingly endless ways of making a dogs dinner of it really grates...to the point that I have really lost all sense of pride or loyalty to them.

Wilshere, Sturridge or Henderson will get injured either before or within the first game. I wouldn't book any holidays Danny.

If someone gets injured before England's first game he might have a chance, but not if they get injured during the tournament.

UEFA's rules: "Should a listed player become seriously injured or ill before his team’s first match in the final tournament, he may only be substituted if a doctor from the UEFA Medical Committee and the team doctor concerned both confirm that the injury or illness is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from taking part in the final tournament. Subject to the final approval of the UEFA administration, this injured or ill player may be replaced on the list of 23 players registered for participation in the final tournament"

Henderson, Wilshire, Sturridge, all prone to injury, none of them match fit. Why Rashford? One game one goal against the Aussies, not exactly out of the top draw for opponents and he is in the England squad. No disrespects to the lad its just a ludicrous choice.No width, no speed this could be embarrassing, as Miles Away has said it's a dogs dinner, I just hope the dog turns around and bites Roy Hodgson's arse he certainly deserves it.

I
UEFA's rules: "Should a listed player become seriously injured or ill before his team’s first match in the final tournament, he may only be substituted if a doctor from the UEFA Medical Committee and the team doctor concerned both confirm that the injury or illness is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from taking part in the final tournament. Subject to the final approval of the UEFA administration, this injured or ill player may be replaced on the list of 23 players registered for participation in the final tournament"
Henderson, Wilshire, Sturridge, all prone to injury, none of them match fit. Why Rashford? One game one goal against the Aussies, not exactly out of the top draw for opponents and he is in the England squad. No disrespects to the lad its just a ludicrous choice.No width, no speed this could be embarrassing, as Miles Away has said it's a dogs dinner, I just hope the dog turns around and bites Roy Hodgson's arse he certainly deserves it.
This.

We will do well to be abject.

UEFA's rules: "Should a listed player become seriously injured or ill before his team’s first match in the final tournament, he may only be substituted if a doctor from the UEFA Medical Committee and the team doctor concerned both confirm that the injury or illness is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from taking part in the final tournament. Subject to the final approval of the UEFA administration, this injured or ill player may be replaced on the list of 23 players registered for participation in the final tournament"[/QUOTE]

What about a player being kidnapped or going AWOL?

Not a shock that Drinky is out but I think Hodgson got it wrong.

I watched Danny intently the whole game against Australia and was pleasantly surprised at just how good he was at breaking up the play.

I don't think the England squad has another player who does it quite as well and he will be missed.

I never realised before just what a competent player he has become. Unlike a lot of midfielders, he doesn't hang on to the ball for long.

A lot of his passes are just one touch and he knows where and to whom he is going to deliver the ball before he receives it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669