Leicester City Players in Euro 2016 or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

Did you not notice the West Ham player's left hand on Vardy's upper right arm in that picture?
What do you think it was doing there?
Did Vardy put it there and super glue it in place?

The defender tried to pull Vardy back. It was a foul and a penalty. The fact that Vardy then went into the West Ham player and went down is irrelevant, the foul had already taken place.

If you don't think it was a foul on Vardy, at what point do you think pulling someone back goes from being fair to being a foul, and can you show me that section in the laws of the game?

Of course I saw than hand on Vardy but that doesn't mean it's automatically a foul. As I've already said, there is similar contact all over the pitch all the time and it doesn't equal a foul. Unless you make the game contact free, you have to accept that a hand or whatever isn't a foul just because it is there. It is only a foul if that hand is sufficient to impede Vardy and it clearly wasn't. Whereas, the Drinkwater one was exactly the opposite, a hand designed to stop the player.

Using your rationale, the Morgan and Huth goals I referred to should have been disallowed. Do you agree?

Using your rationale, the Morgan and Huth goals I referred to should have been disallowed. Do you agree?

I haven't looked at those goals closely. But it wouldn't surprise me if there was an offence there, players get away with it all the time. As I said earlier, pulling/holding happens so often people seem to think it's allowed.

Pulling someone back is a holding offence. This is what the Ken Aston website says about it.

"Holding can include clutching an opponent's arm or shirt. Shirt pulling has become popular, and Referees World-wide have been asked to stamp down on players found guilty of this offence. It is often very difficult to see shirt pulling, you will have to rely on vigilant Assistant Referees, and good positioning to observe, minimize and penalize this offence. The definition of holding is when a player holds or grasps an opponent, with the aim of unfairly stopping the opponent from moving where he wishes to go.
The use of the hand during holding is not important, opponents can be held with: (a) the body leaning against them, (b) an arm detaining their progress, (c) a wrist on the shoulder thus preventing a player jumping, (d) by placing a foot on top of an opponents foot, thus preventing opponents from jumping upwards."

Pulling someone's arm isn't something you can do by accident. The only reason to do it is to try to impede them, so it should always be a foul.

Last edited:
Hopefully Drinkwater and Vardy won't make the final squad so they can have a nice holiday and come back fresh for next season. It won't make any difference to England because with a defence like that they'll be lucky to make it off the ferry let alone the quarter finals that "pundits" think they'll make.

No.

But in the absence of Macky, I can haz looked at teh pixels - and the tackle on Vardeh was clearly photoshopped on after he dived.

I think someone must have photoshopped the FIFA laws of the game page too. Falling over when someone yanks your arm and then clips your heels is simulation - doesn't seem to be mentioned in the version I've just read.

Vardy won't be having any burly Aussies all over him on Friday then and giving him grief as he'll be on his honeymoon as he gets married on Wednesday and Nuge is his best man.

Does that mean it's the Jamie Stag night party tonight then?
He certainly hasn't had time since we won the League to have one for all concerned as either he or teammates and ex teammates have been a bit busy since with either Club or Country.

I've used technical stuff like they have on MOTD to remove extraneous imagery from a picture of the tackle. Hidden by all the facts, you can clearly make out a small board that had been placed on the pitch. All of teh pixels remaining are genuine.

jv.jpg

Foul, peno, simple.

Can't wait to see Milner, Henderson, Sterling and Wilshere et al toss a decent chance of winning the trophy away. Hodgson is a dinosaur with no bottle.

At least I know Coleman won't be playing Kingy as left-back, or something equally ludicrous.

Can't wait to see Milner, Henderson, Sterling and Wilshere et al toss a decent chance of winning the trophy away. Hodgson is a dinosaur with no bottle.
His interview after the game the other day had me lost for words.

"When he thinks back to fleetwood I am sure Jamie is pleased he is getting a game"

Yes Woy, but when you think back to Liverpool, you must be in shock that you are anywhere near the national team!

Utter bollocks. Big club bias outwardly stated

His interview after the game the other day had me lost for words.

"When he thinks back to fleetwood I am sure Jamie is pleased he is getting a game"

Yes Woy, but when you think back to Liverpool, you must be in shock that you are anywhere near the national team!

Utter bollocks. Big club bias outwardly stated

Woy was probably surprised when Vardy did not turn up for training in his miner's boots and cloth cap! What a prick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669