Leicester City Players in Euro 2016 or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching yet another pretty poor England team and a realisation hit me for the first time ever.

Leicester City would beat them, wouldn't we?

I'd certainly much rather have Marc Albrighton on our side than Raheem Sterling.

Is this not the right place to say that Vardy has been shite today?

Also, his 'penalty' was a dive and his 'goal' was an og from the keeper?

Granted, he's been much better since he went central, but he's not a starter for me unless we play two central strikers.
I'm not disagreeing with all of your points, but his goal definitely wasn't an OG.

Have you ever tried running at the pace he does and then have someone try to pull you back? Vardy made the most of it, but it was a definite foul.

What has speed got to do with it? It was never a penalty in a million years. Like Swansea, or West Ham or many others in a City shirt.

Vardy has developed a way of winning penalties by initiating contact with the defender. He's not going too fast to stop him from tangling himself into the defender and throwing himself to the ground. He actually slows down to ensure the contact comes.

It's cheating, plain and simple. I hoped that the red card against West Ham would have made him re-think his approach. Clearly, it hasn't.

Most telling thing for me was the commentary aside " Drinkwater probably one of those on the cusp " Which sums it all up for me.Just how the most in-form English qualified midfielder there is ,having just come off the season of his life with a champion's medal,can be behind that ****ing donkey Henderson (average season at best) & Wilshere,who's been injured since before decimalisation,absolutely defeats me.

Grow some ****ing bollocks Woy.

What has speed got to do with it? It was never a penalty in a million years. Like Swansea, or West Ham or many others in a City shirt.

Vardy has developed a way of winning penalties by initiating contact with the defender. He's not going too fast to stop him from tangling himself into the defender and throwing himself to the ground. He actually slows down to ensure the contact comes.

It's cheating, plain and simple. I hoped that the red card against West Ham would have made him re-think his approach. Clearly, it hasn't.
It's not cheating and it's not diving. Not sure what planet you're on to be honest. Loads of players do it and it's just part of the game.

It's possible for two players to clash and it to be neither a foul, or a dive. Not everything is black or white.

It's not cheating and it's not diving. Not sure what planet you're on to be honest. Loads of players do it and it's just part of the game.

I stopped reading after the claim he was crap. In that second half he scored a goal, could have led to two for others with the pen and a run and ball across to Kane. Also could've been in for a goal when Kane overhit a difficult through ball.

What has speed got to do with it?

People have a habit of just looking at the players' legs. That's what Wright and Dixon have just done on ITV.

But they should have looked at the arms. Vardy was being pulled back by the defender. Pulling is a foul.

If you're running at pace and someone pulls you back it's difficult to stay on your feet.

It was never a penalty in a million years. Like Swansea, or West Ham or many others in a City shirt.

West Ham was the same. He was being pulled back. It was a foul.

Did he slow down to initiate the contact, or did he slow down because he was being pulled back?

Defenders get away with so much pushing and pulling I'm sure a lot of people think it's allowed. It's not.

Vards:

Played shit first half. Better second.

Won a penalty.

Scored the winner.

I really hope Roy has the bollocks to start him, but won't happen.

Is this not the right place to say that Vardy has been shite today?

Also, his 'penalty' was a dive and his 'goal' was an og from the keeper?

Granted, he's been much better since he went central, but he's not a starter for me unless we play two central strikers.

That's bullshit BN and you know it. England via Whoy do not play at speed, its the same old boring hundreds of passes in your own half, 'looking for an opening', then ****ing it up if they find one because all eleven opposition players have been allowed to get behind the ball because the build up is so slow. Football is a simple game, use the skills available, in Vardy's case its speed, it drew the foul it was a penalty, and the defender was lucky not to be sent off. It wasn't an own goal that definition implies some sort of control over the situation, ie your trying to kick or head the ball away and it goes into the goal, clearly a ball hit that hard from a yard away cannot be controlled by a goalie or defender.

I love Vardy. He's a marvellous player. But he also regularly cheats. Just put 'Vardy Dive' into Twitter and see how many people agree. Talk about Vardy-tinted specs being worn.

Any contact in the box isn't a penalty. Pulling isn't necessarily a penalty. If it was, there would be at least twenty in every game.

I think physical contact should be allowed in football. I think that the goals that Huth scored at Man City or Morgan against Southampton were fine. By the standards of any kind of pull being a foul, they'd both be disallowed.

I don't think that a defender tracking back with Vardy should have to stay a yard away from him to avoid him tumbling to the ground.

Pulling isn't necessarily a penalty.

Only if the referees aren't applying the laws of the game correctly - or if they don't see it.
Often both players are doing it so the ref ignores it, but in the cases we regularly see with Vardy - he gets past an opponent so the defender reaches forward and grabs hold of him, that should always be given as a foul.

I actually agree with you on some levels though, BN. I don't see the point in playing Vardy, if he's going to play him out wide. If he's going to play one striker, he'll clearly pick Kane. Rather than playing Vardy out of position, he should
Pick someone more suited to that role. When he decides we need two up front, that's the time to play Vardy too.

I love Vardy. He's a marvellous player. But he also regularly cheats. Just put 'Vardy Dive' into Twitter and see how many people agree. Talk about Vardy-tinted specs being worn.

Any contact in the box isn't a penalty. Pulling isn't necessarily a penalty. If it was, there would be at least twenty in every game.

I think physical contact should be allowed in football. I think that the goals that Huth scored at Man City or Morgan against Southampton were fine. By the standards of any kind of pull being a foul, they'd both be disallowed.

I don't think that a defender tracking back with Vardy should have to stay a yard away from him to avoid him tumbling to the ground.

He doesn't cheat, pulling a player back is a penalty if it happens in the penalty area, a player may be given some leeway in the middle of the pitch when a goal is not at stake. However he should stay well away from him if his only defensive ploy is to foul him and hope he gets away with, if he does get away with it who's cheating then BN? Pulling shirts, pushing in the penalty area has become a highly contentious and I really believe that the powers that be have to address this issue sooner rather than later. West Hams tactic of a 'flying wedge' knocking players out of the way so that Carroll can get a clear header, is effective but also cheating. My understanding of the rules is that you can only tackle a player who has the ball, if you do otherwise it is a foul in or out of the penalty area. None of this argument precludes physical contact with another player, as long as one of them has the ball and its under control, it's the referees job to decide if that contact is within the rules, and its a job I wouldn't do if they paid me huge sums of money, but then that would be interpreted as a bribe particularly if a gave a decision the 'wrong' way.

View attachment 12920
Spot the difference. Why was one of these a dive and a red card for Vardy, and the other a foul and a red card for Drinkwater?
On both occasions the attacking player is breaking clear of a defending player who tries to pull him back.

The West Ham situation was one where two players were running alongside each other and Vardy tangled his legs into the defender and threw himself to the ground. Clear dive and yellow card for Vardy.

The Drinkwater situation was one where the player had clearly left him behind and so he reached out to tug him back. Clear foul and yellow card for Drinkwater.

I don't see any similarity between the two incidents at all.

Drawing a foul is playing to get someone to foul you. a dive is when they don't and you dive. Thought every ****er knew that?

The problem with that description is that neither account for the move that Vardy does over and over again.

Vardy draws the defender into close proximity, then initiates/forces some contact that he makes out is a foul, then he falls over.

It's like me walking up to you, grabbing your hand and slapping it across my face. Then going to the ground clutching my face and accusing you of assault.

What I consider to be 'drawing a foul' is when someone like Mahrez tricks a player with some skill and the player trips him up. This isn't what Vardy does.

The West Ham situation was one where two players were running alongside each other and Vardy tangled his legs into the defender and threw himself to the ground. Clear dive and yellow card for Vardy.

The Drinkwater situation was one where the player had clearly left him behind and so he reached out to tug him back. Clear foul and yellow card for Drinkwater.

I don't see any similarity between the two incidents at all.

Wow.

Did you not notice the West Ham player's left hand on Vardy's upper right arm in that picture?
What do you think it was doing there?
Did Vardy put it there and super glue it in place?

The defender tried to pull Vardy back. It was a foul and a penalty. The fact that Vardy then went into the West Ham player and went down is irrelevant, the foul had already taken place.

If you don't think it was a foul on Vardy, at what point do you think pulling someone back goes from being fair to being a foul, and can you show me that section in the laws of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669