Leicester City press conference 18:30 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted him to succeed so am sorry for him in that regard, but let's face it it's football and if we were doing well he wouldn't have thought twice about taking e.g the Newcastle job

At least we've got a decent squad of players for the forthcoming manager to pick from. And for that, thank you Craig Levein. Best of luck to him.

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
At least we've got a decent squad of players for the forthcoming manager to pick from. And for that, thank you Craig Levein. Best of luck to him.
as I have said elsewhere, cant wait to see rk's selection. How much will it differ?

am pleased he has gone I don't feel sorry for him at all. His record in the Championship is simply not good enougth! Good riddance! Onwards and upwards now lets go forward as one and stay in this league! up the City!!:biggrin: :098:

I just saw his stats on Sky Sports, 13 wins in 60 games. Don't feel so sorry for him now

13 wins out of 60 is absolutely dreadful for a club like Leicester in this division.

I think though in Stearman, Gerrbrand, Hughes, Hume, McCarthy, Fryatt and possibly Sheehan he's left the nucleus of a potentially great team - he just wasn't the man who could deliver it when it counted...

thanks very much craig for leaving us with a squad of players who can see us through in the coming years - a decent mix of youth and (some) experience. Not sorry at all to see him go as manager because he clearly lacked something but like a lot of people have said, I don't think he will be hated or anything like that.

The one thing I really didnt understand from Levein's statement was that he thought things were turning around because we had a good cup run last season?? This does not bring us points and is completely immaterial... am quite relieved he has gone, its a shame things didnt work out for him, but at the end of the day results and points matter and quite frankly I dont want to watch first division football next season:icon_evil . Safety is by no means guaranteed, but at least with someone new coming in we have a fighting chance of some much needed team spirit being instilled in the team...

Get behind the lads on Saturday!!!! :038: :038: :038:

ScarboroughFox said:
after all 3 men have lost there jobs
:icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_redf

ScarboroughFox said:
me too:icon_conf

after all 3 men have lost there jobs

I didn't see anyone on here say a word about the 6,000 jobs lost at Rover a few months back. Its not like these were working class folk, they will have had plenty of cash in their years.

Good Luck to them though.

Fox Fan said:
I didn't see anyone on here say a word about the 6,000 jobs lost at Rover a few months back. Its not like these were working class folk, they will have had plenty of cash in their years.

Good Luck to them though.
I agree and I firmly believe Cl will get other manager jobs, even if it means going back to the SPL.

Well done to TD for having the balls to do it. He clearly had a close working relationship with CL and it must have been tough to chop him.

I think he made it quite clear though that this was at least in part due to the demands of supporters. I hope we have done the right thing?? I guess we will have better understanding of that when the new man is appointed. TD earns his corn from today until the new boss is installed.

Duzza said:
Well done to TD for having the balls to do it. He clearly had a close working relationship with CL and it must have been tough to chop him.

I think he made it quite clear though that this was at least in part due to the demands of supporters. I hope we have done the right thing?? I guess we will have better understanding of that when the new man is appointed. TD earns his corn from today until the new boss is installed.

It was the only thing to do.

In terms of results CL wasn't even at the races - he was just not right for Leicester City and probably not right for competitive English football. He was getting 'done' by other managers week after week.

His departure does not guarantee survival this season - but his continuing for another few weeks would more or less have guaranteed relegation.

He wasn't just poor, he was awful. Some of his desk top dealings have been ok - others of those have also been pretty dire - Kisnorbo, Hammill, shelling out money for Hammond.

I don't dislike the bloke, but he has been one of our worst managers post-war.

Don't like seeing him sacked, but i'm disappointed he didn't offer his resignation cos its a big drain on our funds to compensate him.

i do feel i little sorry for the guy, and the foundations he has left are promising. i think if we avoid the drop then next season will be the start of a new ''era''

Brauny Blue said:
Don't like seeing him sacked, but i'm disappointed he didn't offer his resignation cos its a big drain on our funds to compensate him.

Thats life in business, you have to pay the contract up. With over half of it still to run, would you give up the right to it........
4_12_5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670