Leicester City set to unveil third members in the consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I don't recall ever seeing that SGE can have whatever cash he needs).

Been mentioned a few times that he asked them how much he had, and they just asked him what he needed.

SGE said the other say that limits had not been discussed, so basically he doesn't have a clue... but I'd imagine it'll be quite a few bob for this league.

Exactly. No figures and no bottomless pit. Simply the owners wanting to know how much he (SGE) thought he would need. They certainly haven't said he could have whatever he needs.

Exactly. No figures and no bottomless pit. Simply the owners wanting to know how much he (SGE) thought he would need. They certainly haven't said he could have whatever he needs.

It's how the press have conveyed that discussion really. I'm sure they will back him on whatever he wants for a while.

It's how the press have conveyed that discussion really. I'm sure they will back him on whatever he wants for a while.

The problem is that with the press reporting the situation thus, once we do go into the market, clubs, agents and the like, are going to think that money is no object so will price their players accordingly.

The problem is that with the press reporting the situation thus, once we do go into the market, clubs, agents and the like, are going to think that money is no object so will price their players accordingly.

The same happened when Milan first started out here - Brum took us to the cleaners with DJ and the crab

Last edited:
It's not how the press conveyed the discussion. The interview was televised and it was clearly Eriksson who inferred the level of the new owners' backing. He said that the owners had asked him how much he needed and added, "That's good".

See: http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16489_6443514,00.html

In a later interview he says that he doesn't know how much money is available but again says that the owners asked him how much he needs. This time he says that it was a good answer. He does give the impression though that he does not believe that a decision on his budget is necessarily his most important priority

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16489_6443514,00.html

I saw the interview on Sky, Sven definatley stated he had asked the owners how much money was available, according to Sven they answered however much he needed. I'm not a reporter. have no copy to sell.

Without watching again I think it was,

'how much do you need ?"

This could be interpreted as - can we afford the amount you think you'll need

or - let us know and we'll decide how much we will give you.

The news that the takeover should soon be completed will be welcomed by new City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, who has revealed he has been told by the Raksriaksorns that he can have whatever cash he needs to get the club into the Premier League in the next couple of seasons.
LEICESTER MERCURY

Last edited:
The news that the takeover should soon be completed will be welcomed by new City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, who has revealed he has been told by the Raksriaksorns that he can have whatever cash he needs to get the club into the Premier League in the next couple of seasons.
LEICESTER MERCURY

That's the Mockery making up bollocks from the same interview posted above.

Next week then for the third consortium members identity to be revealed. I won't hold my breath.

The Football League have told us today that there are a few minor elements to be clarified & they won't approve until they have absolutely everything they require, but these could be available to give approval early next week.

We queried the perception that in comparison that the Liverpool takeover appeared to get Premier approval within days. This is because the Liverpool information had been provided in advance of the club recently going public on the deal.

Our club have done things the wrong way around, announcing first & then going to the Football League, hence the perception it is dragging on, when in fact the processes for both deals have taken around the same length of time.

We asked the Football League how many parties were involved in Asia Football Investments, but they wouldn't divulge the information, but re-stated, once the deal is approved that the club, under the League's new guidelines has to make any investors owning greater then a 10% stake public by clearly stating details on the club website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670