Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate Fox

Today's starting 11:

Attachments

• 10491230_10152600706432769_3472294186062652154_n.png
    10491230_10152600706432769_3472294186062652154_n.png
    326.3 KB · Views: 183
The stream I posted in the pre-match thread isnt showing anything unfortunately :(

No Vardy, Knocky, Upson.

I really do hope we have a better option than Konchesky and Hammond for the long haul.

Cambiasso would be a lovely start.

I really think Hammond deserves a chance to show if he's good enough for the Premier League before he is written off.

1-0 Morgan with an early goal from a set piece. Also had another disallowed for a foul.

Sounds like a big improvement on attacking set pieces in particular. Hope we continue that as this will even more important this season than last.

Are we still winning? Are we any good? Just got rid of a load of visitors and now have 15 mins before someone´s turning up to buy a fruit machine!
Why does everything all seem to happen at once? Where is Cambiasso....in the stands? In the dugout?
So many questions........

Against my wishes, I was dragged along to the game this afternoon by my daughter so thought I'd offer some comment on a few things.

Firstly, NP is now seated high in the stand near the executive boxes alongside SW and a bunch of (I presume) analysts with computers. This is very much like I've seen Rugby coaches work and it could well be a feature this season. I approve.

I've some bad news for David G. Mike Stowell was nowhere to be seen on the touchline and his role appears to have been taken over by Kevin Phillips. KP was miked up to NP and was clearly the link between him and the touchline messages.

The game itself was dull as pre-season matches almost always are. I expected more of Bremen actually, especially following their result against Chelsea.

Performances of note:

De Laet still can't defend but looks good going forward. Moore still looks like he'll make a mistake a game that could prove costly. On the evidence of Wasyl and Moore, I'd go with Wasyl alongside Morgan despite his often violent intent. Overall, I do fear for us defensively against quality attackers. We look like we could well concede plenty. Schmeichel will need to make lots of saves.

King was easily our best player and looked like his old self in that advanced midfield role he likes so much. He was not the passenger we saw so often last year and may have benefitted from a less grueling season last time out. Mahrez showed flashes of quality and I thought Albrighton was anonymous. Both Wood and Taylor-Fletcher look fat and useless.

The rest, Nugent, Drinkwater, James, etc were all bang on message picking up where they left off last season.

There were a number of people from other clubs there, including quite a few from Bristol City. No idea why.

PS - forgot to mention Ulloa. He'll concede loads of free kicks with his awkward gait which will prove frustrating. He's a decent player mind.

Last edited:
Against my wishes, I was dragged along to the game this afternoon by my daughter so thought I'd offer some comment on a few things.

Firstly, NP is now seated high in the stand near the executive boxes alongside SW and a bunch of (I presume) analysts with computers. This is very much like I've seen Rugby coaches work and it could well be a feature this season. I approve.

I've some bad news for David G. Mike Stowell was nowhere to be seen on the touchline and his role appears to have been taken over by Kevin Phillips. KP was miked up to NP and was clearly the link between him and the touchline messages.

The game itself was dull as pre-season matches almost always are. I expected more of Bremen actually, especially following their result against Chelsea.

Performances of note:

De Laet still can't defend but looks good going forward. Moore still looks like he'll make a mistake a game that could prove costly. On the evidence of Wasyl and Moore, I'd go with Wasyl alongside Morgan despite his often violent intent. Overall, I do fear for us defensively against quality attackers. We look like we could well concede plenty. Schmeichel will need to make lots of saves.

King was easily our best player and looked like his old self in that advanced midfield role he likes so much. He was not the passenger we saw so often last year and may have benefitted from a less grueling season last time out. Mahrez showed flashes of quality and I thought Albrighton was anonymous. Both Wood and Taylor-Fletcher look fat and useless.

The rest, Nugent, Drinkwater, James, etc were all bang on message picking up where they left off last season.

There were a number of people from other clubs there, including quite a few from Bristol City. No idea why.

PS - forgot to mention Ulloa. He'll concede loads of free kicks with his awkward gait which will prove frustrating. He's a decent player mind.

Cheers BN, good report.

Performances of note:

No mention of Konchesky, who I thought played really well today, I would also agree King had a good game. Schmeichel made several excellent saves today

Ulloa looked good with several decent chances. Much better in the air than our existing strikers, and we may need some long ball this year.

Wood doesn't look in the running, and I cannot see Nugent scoring much. Otherwise I was pretty happy with the performance. A further striker would be a good investment, particularly one who can win in the air.

City look good value on betfair handicap of +44 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566