Pre Match Leicester City Vs Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what time our press conference is due to kick off at?

I have been reading a lot of deluded comments of late. There seems to be almost a presumption that we are going to beat the gooners (not on here I'll add!). I think our defensive frailties will be severely exposed here. 4-1 to the gooners. Miserable twat.

Schlupp to repeat his clash of heads with Koscielny, resulting in Koscielny again being substituted after wandering around in a daze for 5 minutes.

Schlupp then to be sent off after rushing around trying to headbutt the rest of the Arsenal team.

I have been reading a lot of deluded comments of late. There seems to be almost a presumption that we are going to beat the gooners (not on here I'll add!). I think our defensive frailties will be severely exposed here. 4-1 to the gooners. Miserable twat.
I think you have a point, but bringing in Fuchs for Schlupp sacrificing a bit of speed for a more orthodox left back who proved on Tuesday that he is a much better in this position than Schlupp. Plus Fuchs can provide good balls into the box, without sacrificing his position which improves our defence. De Leat is an enigma, very good going forward, but I really do not think he a right back, I also realise that he has no one covering his position when he makes these forward runs, that leaves obvious gaps at the back, which teams exploit, and there is no doubt Arsenal will do the same. So De Leat under instructions to play a more defensive role or Simpson as a more natural right back, personally I would go for De Laet as his speed gives a few us more options but this time around he must give his defensive duties priority.

Schmeichel
De Laet Huth Morgan Schlupp
Drinkwater Kante
Mahrez King Albrighton
Vardy

WIN

I assume Chambers will come in. Not sure whether that makes much of a difference or not. Other than the fact he's inexperienced so maybe Vardy might get the better of him.

I guess the game will be won or lost elsewhere on the pitch, mostly IMO on whether we can keep Sanchez quiet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Drop Inler for this and play Kante with Drinkypoo.

Interesting line ups, I really don't remember this game.

I liked our midfield in that team Draper was class. Never saw Thompson miss a penalty even if he did put every one the same way.

Our strikers show why we were doomed. Roberts on the bench?

Arsenal have a Leicester legend up front and an American President in midfield.

Who know's who was Leicester (caretaker I believe) manager that day?

I think it will be a tough game. Arsenal are desperate not to fall further behind.

I can see them defending a 2 goal lead.

Who know's who was Leicester (caretaker I believe) manager that day?

It was Allan Evans. Brian Little had quit the previous day so the atmosphere that night was quite surreal. By some miracle, two days later, Little was handed a new job at Villa and took Evans with him. None of us saw that coming!

I seem to remember Evans putting a dampener on that win by being a total twat in the post match interview.

The match itself was pretty poor. The crowd pulled the team through against a lame Arsenal side. We then went a couple of months without another win as Little's team disintegrated without him and we slid towards relegation.

Since that night, we've played Arsenal in seventeen league matches, losing eleven and drawing six. We did do them on penalties in the 4th round of the FA Cup in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669