Leicester City Vs Barnsley 16.12.06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Odds from #####

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed the 12-1 on "Any Barnsley player to score 1st"
Based on league matches so far this season evens would be fair odds, so 12-1 looks to be more than a little generous. I think Nottingham Fox is trying to bankrupt vbookie :icon_bigg

:icon_lol:

The bookie has risked his reputation on this one. So far i've done ok. 15,149 vcash staked and only paid out 7,453 vcash. I can take the hit should it come off, but a clean sheet or them to score after us seems more likely IMO

:icon_lol:

The bookie has risked his reputation on this one. So far i've done ok. 15,149 vcash staked and only paid out 7,453 vcash. I can take the hit should it come off, but a clean sheet or them to score after us seems more likely IMO

Youre ****ed, admit it. Hauled in for one of Jeff's special disciplinaries on Monday morning :018:

I see newtonfox has placed virtual money on a Leicester win, a draw and Leicester losing. Am I just tired or am I missing something in the odds?

I see newtonfox has placed virtual money on a Leicester win, a draw and Leicester losing. Am I just tired or am I missing something in the odds?

At least he can say he won. :icon_wink :icon_lol:

Just noticed the 12-1 on "Any Barnsley player to score 1st"
Based on league matches so far this season evens would be fair odds, so 12-1 looks to be more than a little generous. I think Nottingham Fox is trying to bankrupt vbookie :icon_bigg

A very good day for the vbookie :icon_bigg

Not the same thing.
The one you linked to was to pay out for the first Leicester scorer in the match, which meant the odds offered were maybe twice what they normally would be, which is a good special offer, but not too extreme. Although I have just noticed that the odds offered for no Leicester scorer in that match were way too generous.

The odds for any barnsley player to score first were about ten times what they should be, when the odds are out by that much it distorts the betting.

Not the same thing.
The one you linked to was to pay out for the first Leicester scorer in the match, which meant the odds offered were maybe twice what they normally would be, which is a good special offer, but not too extreme. Although I have just noticed that the odds offered for no Leicester scorer in that match were way too generous.

The odds for any barnsley player to score first were about ten times what they should be, when the odds are out by that much it distorts the betting.

You're splitting hairs. In both instances prices were higher than would normally be expected. The degree of the inadvertent manipulation of the odds is irrelevant. And as you so correctly pointed out, vcash is not real.

You're splitting hairs. In both instances prices were higher than would normally be expected. The degree of the inadvertent manipulation of the odds is irrelevant. And as you so correctly pointed out, vcash is not real.

Correct :038:

It's a bit of fun throughout the season. And so what if something had an in correct odd :102: , It's that persons choice to go with it.

Sounds like some people want to be dead serious about it so from now on, there will be no more 'Special' bets or offers !

It's not about whether the vcash is real or not, it's about making the competition about preedicting, rather than seeing who can spot the latest over generous odds.

Having slightly higher odds for goalscorer bets (partly to take into account no refund if your player doesn't play) is not the same thing as having something at ten times the odds it should be. If we constantly have odds that are way too generous people can put some of their money on that option for every event, and in the long run they'll make a good profit. No skill required in doing that, which devalues the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669