Pre Match Leicester City vs Birmingham City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Time for some Joe_Fox magic. Three points here for sure. Our dreadful run will come to an end now and we'll wrap the season up with 3 wins, 1 draw and a defeat from the final five game securing our place in the play-offs by the skin of our teeth. Not getting too far ahead of ourselves but it's looking like Watford home first leg with a tough second leg down south.

Same team as Brighton, keep focused, play a pressure game, dominate, win, move on to a massive game against Bolton.

I'm Joe_Fox

I strongly believe we will win this game and as a result we will be back in the play off places. A win will take us up to fifth again with Forest and Brighton still to play. However on saturday Forest have to go away to Cardiff (so its quite possible they will lose and we will stay above them) and Brighton go to Boro (a much more winable game, but any away game is tough).

Next we play Bolton (H) - I dont see why we cant win this as well
Palace (A) - This game no longer looks that tricky (They are only 6 points above us and a bit of a sinking ship themselves of late), I would rather be playing them than a team just above that the relegation trap door at this stage!
Watford (H)- Tough game but were at home we have to believe
Forrest (A) - Recently our best preformances have come in these type of games

I know we cant expect to win all these games and I was gutted again post match yesterday. But:
WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!

''Fixtures''
Millwall home 1 point. Actual nil
Barnsley away 1 point. Or 3 from the two above. Actual nil
Brighton away 0 points. Actual 1
Birmingham home 3 points.
Bolton home 1 point.
Palace away 1 point max.
Watford home 3 points.
Forest away 0 points.

As you can see from my pre Millwall end of season predictions thus is a game I was banking on 3 points. I still hope we do as anything less will just continue our slump and leave us with a pressure mountain for the last four games which we have proved time and time again that we can't handle.

Based on our return from the first three fixtures which we have underachieved by a minimum of one point my projection of eight points from four games looks even more optimistic.

Nothing in the last game against forest would therefore leave us on 68 points, in the play offs????

Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly believe we will win this game and as a result we will be back in the play off places. A win will take us up to fifth again with Forest and Brighton still to play. However on saturday Forest have to go away to Cardiff (so its quite possible they will lose and we will stay above them) and Brighton go to Boro (a much more winable game, but any away game is tough).

Palace (A) - This game no longer looks that tricky (They are only 6 points above us and a bit of a sinking ship themselves of late), I would rather be playing them than a team just above that the relegation trap door at this stage!
Watford (H)- Tough game but were at home we have to believe
Forrest (A) - Recently our best preformances have come in these type of games

I know we cant expect to win all these games and I was gutted again post match yesterday. But:
WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!
Welcome to the mad house :038:

im not normally in favour or 451/433 for hme games but this formation/team selection deserves another game to build on a solid game yesterday. Out of our remaining games this looks the likely one we can take all 3 points. Ithink we will and its only a matter of time before Nugent finds the net , im going 2-0 Nugent brace

Bolton sit second in the form table. To suggest this is a very winnable game is stretching it a little and even with a win against Birmingham, I'd still say a win is going to be incredibly big ask

Bolton sit second in the form table. To suggest this is a very winnable game is stretching it a little and even with a win against Birmingham, I'd still say a win is going to be incredibly big ask

Their away form is poor. As os our home (and overall) form but they're beatable.

I think we will win our next two. Lose at palace. Draw with watford. And it will be win or bust at forest live on sky.

At this stage I would certainly take your prediction.

I would hate for us to need a win at Forest last game. Although granted it's better than being out of it altogether.

Last edited:
I would just like us to win a game - any game!

That would be lovely, Friday is our best chance of a win for the remainder of the season, a win could give us a glimmer of hope in some of the other harder games, lose and im afraid mentally we will be a reck.

The problem here is that Birmingham will be feeling less pressure after a fairly good run of form recently.

Last edited:
I think some of the player mindsets might have relaxed a little with many of them expecting NP to be sacked. This show of faith by the owners might just pulls things together.

I think we will finally see the run put to an end on Friday.

With all due respect (a phrase that, of course, means listen here you steamin' twit:icon_bigg), isn't this a cart and horse situation? The players didn't get tense and forget how to win because the manager's head was on the block: the manager is being questioned because his team cannot win.

With all due respect (a phrase that, of course, means listen here you steamin' twit:icon_bigg), isn't this a cart and horse situation? The players didn't get tense and forget how to win because the manager's head was on the block: the manager is being questioned because his team cannot win.

• The players hit a bad run of form but in the back of their minds they think "it's ok we'll get out of it".
  • Bad form continues and panic sets in.
  • Eventually the majority of the squad start questioning NP (much like us fans do)
  • More bad results and the squad members are expecting the worst for NP
  • The expected sacking never happens so the players feel like there is some hope and pick up performances

Basically riding out a bad situation untill the way is up!

• The players hit a bad run of form but in the back of their minds they think "it's ok we'll get out of it".
  • Bad form continues and panic sets in.
  • Eventually the majority of the squad start questioning NP (much like us fans do)
  • More bad results and the squad members are expecting the worst for NP
  • The expected sacking never happens so the players feel like there is some hope and pick up performances

Basically riding out a bad situation untill the way is up!

Which reliable source did you get this from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669