Votes: 15 46.9%
  • no

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
wednesday they were £4.99.
The miserable old goat in the ticket office said they will go up to £5.99 once the cheaper ones had gone. Bit like buying tickets for Ryan Air....:icon_bigg

thought it was about 7k?
I'm going, first trip this season.:icon_redf
Could do with a run in any cup this season I reckon.

They are 22nd in Division 2 with 1 point from 4 games,gawd help us if we can't beat these.:icon_conf

They are 22nd in Division 2 with 1 point from 4 games,gawd help us if we can't beat these.:icon_conf

It wouldn't be the first time highland....

and we only scrapped a 1-0 at their place in pre season...

Im not going. But only because im in St Ives. Back early though for the match on Saturday:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Season ticket holders should get in for free imo

It's very difficult to do that due to the way the away team gets a share of gate receipts, and has to agree to the pricing.
If they made it part of the season ticket they'd probably add the full price of a normal match to the season ticket to pay for it, so I'm sure it works out cheaper the way they do it now.

It's very difficult to do that due to the way the away team gets a share of gate receipts, and has to agree to the pricing.
If they made it part of the season ticket they'd probably add the full price of a normal match to the season ticket to pay for it, so I'm sure it works out cheaper the way they do it now.

but a few extra quid on a season ticket is no big deal, and the crowd WOULD be bigger and Macclesfield would get more money and the club generate more revenue, catering, programmes shop etc. It seems daft not to have it in the season ticket just to save the punters a few quid....

but a few extra quid on a season ticket is no big deal, and the crowd WOULD be bigger and Macclesfield would get more money and the club generate more revenue, catering, programmes shop etc. It seems daft not to have it in the season ticket just to save the punters a few quid....

An extra £20-30 on a season ticket might be enough to reduce season ticket sales. But they shouldn't have taken the match off us in the first place.

The first cup match was included in the season ticket a few years ago, but they took it away as part of the infamous "price freeze", when they took a lot of matches and other benefits away from the season ticket, which would have effectively meant a rise of over 30% for loyal supporters. For some reason Mace wouldn't address the point when I raised it when he was on Radio Leicester. :icon_conf

The first cup match was included in the season ticket a few years ago, but they took it away as part of the infamous "price freeze", when they took a lot of matches and other benefits away from the season ticket, which would have effectively meant a rise of over 30% for loyal supporters.

Just looked up my figures for this, my 30% increase was an underestimate.

The price of £249 for a Kop ticket for the first season at the Walkers included a pre-season friendly, a cup match, two extra match tickets for 'guests' (worth up to £64 at A+ prices), free entrance to reserve matches, and discounts on extra match tickets. This was available with interest free credit.

Two years later when the club announced the new prices, they claimed the prices had been frozen for three years. But that was a lie for a start. Prices had gone up by £50 the year before, so the ticket now cost £299. They'd taken all the above extras away, and started charging another £79 if you spread the payments. Someone who'd paid £249 in 2002-2003 would have had to pay over £500 two years later to get the same thing. And this was marketed as a price freeze. Wankers.

Just looked up my figures for this, my 30% increase was an underestimate.

The price of £249 for a Kop ticket for the first season at the Walkers included a pre-season friendly, a cup match, two extra match tickets for 'guests' (worth up to £64 at A+ prices), free entrance to reserve matches, and discounts on extra match tickets. This was available with interest free credit.

Two years later when the club announced the new prices, they claimed the prices had been frozen for three years. But that was a lie for a start. Prices had gone up by £50 the year before, so the ticket now cost £299. They'd taken all the above extras away, and started charging another £79 if you spread the payments. Someone who'd paid £249 in 2002-2003 would have had to pay over £500 two years later to get the same thing. And this was marketed as a price freeze. Wankers.

top work there Jeff, that shows over 100% increase. The crafty bastards and we all fell for it

Its just a shame imo that the Walkers will probaly have 25000 empty seats for this game. I wouldn't dispute your angle, but why not encourage more people to go down. Lets face it even £12 for a match day ticket against such lowly opposition, and in a competition that will not excite the fans in its early stages does not bode well. I would imagine that apart from the die-hards that most can't be arsed with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00