• yes

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • no

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
sportsbar open to all home fans with a match ticket tonight.
couple of guinness in there pre match i think
:icon_wink

I'm not going, we'll be lucky to get 6000 there

Its just a shame imo that the Walkers will probaly have 25000 empty seats for this game. I wouldn't dispute your angle, but why not encourage more people to go down. Lets face it even £12 for a match day ticket against such lowly opposition, and in a competition that will not excite the fans in its early stages does not bode well. I would imagine that apart from the die-hards that most can't be arsed with this game.

The Tigers last year gave away tickets for a Developmental game (i.e. their reserves)...the whole thing was free, and there wasn't an inch of space, the place was packed to the rafters...

I wonder how many new fans that generated?

Unfortunately LCFC is so fuc*ing short sighted it can't see the nose at the end of its face:icon_conf

Last edited:
The Tigers last year gave away tickets for a Developmental game (i.e. their reserves)...the whole thing was free, and there wasn't an inch of space, the place was packed to the rafters...

I wonder how many new fans that generated?

Unfortunately LCFC is so fuc*ing short sighted it can't see the nose at the end of its face:icon_conf

LCFC can't give awy or sell cheap tickets for this game without agreement from the away team. Last year they tried to do cheap prices for the Blackpool game and Blackpool wouldn't allow it, the footbalkl league had to set the prices.

I thought kids were allowed in the 1884. Seen some in there a couple of times before.....

EDIT: When I say kids, I mean 9 year olds.

Last edited:
Just looked up my figures for this, my 30% increase was an underestimate.

The price of £249 for a Kop ticket for the first season at the Walkers included a pre-season friendly, a cup match, two extra match tickets for 'guests' (worth up to £64 at A+ prices), free entrance to reserve matches, and discounts on extra match tickets. This was available with interest free credit.

Two years later when the club announced the new prices, they claimed the prices had been frozen for three years. But that was a lie for a start. Prices had gone up by £50 the year before, so the ticket now cost £299. They'd taken all the above extras away, and started charging another £79 if you spread the payments. Someone who'd paid £249 in 2002-2003 would have had to pay over £500 two years later to get the same thing. And this was marketed as a price freeze. Wankers.

When we moved to the Walkers wasn't there some reason we got those free tickets etc? Im pretty certain that because we purcahsed our season tickets before relegation they gave us tonnes of stuff (i.e match tickets) as they couldn't afford to actually give the money back.

I think we should have this match free, but if it incresed the price of the season tickets even by £10 people on here would be up in arms about it. :icon_roll:icon_roll

When we moved to the Walkers wasn't there some reason we got those free tickets etc? Im pretty certain that because we purcahsed our season tickets before relegation they gave us tonnes of stuff (i.e match tickets) as they couldn't afford to actually give the money back.

No.

The free tickets I mentioned earlier were available to everyone who bought a season ticket, not just those who'd bought it at the Premiership price.

People who bought their ticket early had the chance of getting £50 cash back, or getting more than £50 worth of extras back, in addition to the 'extras' that everyone else got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00