Match Thread Leicester City vs Manchester City: Capital One Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we had a promising young team. This is a massive reality check. These guys play the game at a completely different pace and we can't get near them.

I thought we had a promising young team. This is a massive reality check. These guys play the game at a completely different pace and we can't get near them.

Don't forget this is a team that beat the team top of the Premier League 6-3 at the weekend, the current European champions away from home, and Spurs 6-0 recently..

Don't forget this is a team that beat the team top of the Premier League 6-3 at the weekend, the current European champions away from home, and Spurs 6-0 recently..
It's unbelievable, some people's reactions.

This is in no way a reality check. If we're 3-0 down after an hour on Saturday and QPR are looking like they can keep a clean sheet at will and score with every attack then that indeed may be considered a reality check. Losing to a team that has just beaten Bayern Munich and Arsenal is anything but.

This is in no way a reality check. If we're 3-0 down after an hour on Saturday and QPR are looking like they can keep a clean sheet at will and score with every attack then that indeed may be considered a reality check. Losing to a team that has just beaten Bayern Munich and Arsenal is anything but.
Where is the "like" button when you need it!

You lot are as much in awe of them as our players. Let's face it. We're not playing very well and this amount of effort and skill would see us struggle to beat any Premier League team. How the hell did we beat Fulham? That's the sort of performance I was expecting. I fear for our confidence against QPR.

It's a reality check for naive me. I didn't realise just how big the gap is between us and the very top.

We're not playing very well and this amount of effort and skill would see us struggle to beat any Premier League team.

Which would be a problem if we were playing Premier League teams every game but we are not.

You lot are as much in awe of them as our players. Let's face it. We're not playing very well and this amount of effort and skill would see us struggle to beat any Premier League team. How the hell did we beat Fulham? That's the sort of performance I was expecting. I fear for our confidence against QPR.

I'm disappointed with their third because somebody should've been on Dzeko. Other than that though, I don't think we've made any mistakes or done a whole lot wrong... We're just losing to a much, much better team

It's a reality check for naive me. I didn't realise just how big the gap is between us and the very top.

Really? Where have you been for years? The struggles of newly promoted teams highlights this every year. I know Cardiff have done well against these but most teams struggle against the top teams, hence the shock at Man Utd losing to lower Premier teams.

I'm amazed you get enough internet reception to post from the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669