James
Cambiasso
King
Schlupp

Nugent
Vardy

Skitzo

You thought correctly, Cate

well ain't you clever changing someone's post like that, how ever if being utter shite all season was a reason not to play then Wes would have been dropped a long time ago. My suggestion of Moore at right back was based on De Laet having a poor game and Simpson being Danny Simpson so Liam being there would have someone that would still get forward well but be better defensively

TommyK

well ain't you clever changing someone's post like that, how ever if being utter shite all season was a reason not to play then Wes would have been dropped a long time ago. My suggestion of Moore at right back was based on De Laet having a poor game and Simpson being Danny Simpson so Liam being there would have someone that would still get forward well but be better defensively

I think the tactic of going for it has worked well the last few games. Why change? We don't need a defensive full back. Keep De Leat in.

Skitzo

I think the tactic of going for it has worked well the last few games. Why change? We don't need a defensive full back. Keep De Leat in.

Liam is still a very attacking full back, I just remember RDL getting tore apart by Swansea's wingers last time that's my only concern, as I said in my first post its the only change I'd consider, injuries permitting

Lako42

Liam Moore almost single handedly lost us the game at Swansea, the goal where he dropped off Bony and stood on the line was bizarre.

I was also under the impression RDL was playing well at WBA?

homer

Liam Moore almost single handedly lost us the game at Swansea, the goal where he dropped off Bony and stood on the line was bizarre.

Don't worry, it won't happen.

Mainly because Pearson isn't a complete idiot

Skitzo

thing with that Swansea game is people always gloss over Drinkwater not bothering to track his runner on either goal and instead just blamed Liam, the whole team was crap that day so why hold it against just 1 player in Liam?

Lako42

His defending that night was an utter calamity, If you were calling for a recall of Drinkwater I would also be pointing out the fact that he has also been complete dross this season.

Miles Away

Nothing, he's just an above average championship player at this point in his career

According to the football league he was one of the top three championship players last year...so his loss of form is a little more than "nothing" in my opinion.

Skitzo

According to the football league he was one of the top three championship players last year...so his loss of form is a little more than "nothing" in my opinion.

If we were playing at championship level I'd agree but he's simply out of his depth this season

Robin127

From what I've seen of Drinkwater, this year and the few games I watched last year, I could never understand what all the fuss was about. The stats indicated he had a fantastic pass rate, my observations were that most of his passes were short and straight back to the bloke who gave the ball to him in the first place.

Skitzo

From what I've seen of Drinkwater, this year and the few games I watched last year, I could never understand what all the fuss was about. The stats indicated he had a fantastic pass rate, my observations were that most of his passes were short and straight back to the bloke who gave the ball to him in the first place.
Agree mate

Last edited:

Brown Nose

If we were playing at championship level I'd agree but he's simply out of his depth this season

Drinkwater has the technical ability to be a perfectly good player at this level. His performances last season proved this.

His problem is that whenever the team are struggling, he disappears and his form deteriorates scarily. This has demonstrably happened twice now with us. Whenever we're on a good run, his form improves and he goes from strength to strength.

You can either put this down to him having confidence/psychological issues or simply say that he's not a team player, who gives up at the first sign of trouble.

But it's nothing to do with footballing ability.

Robin127

This is a tougher game than some are suggesting. Swansea are a decent side who are pretty difficult to beat, better than West Ham and certainly better than West Brom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669