Pre Match Leicester City vs Watford (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedfoxxx

So what do we think? Two completely different performances in our last two games surely means its time for Sven to tinker again. Obviously Mills will be missing and it should be SSL second big chance to stand u[ and claim a place. However, I think Sven will go with;

Kasper

Pantsil
Peltier
Bamba
Konchesky

Wellens
Abe
Fenandes
King

Nugent
Beckford

Although Vassell has been in great form he let himself down a little on sunday (not sure whether this was one of many poor individual performances or a problem with unlear tactics and instructions) and Sven must be desperate for Beckford to get of the mark.

72-0, Barry Shitpeas with most of them.

Pretty sure we've hit 4 past Watford on each of the past 3 occasions we've played them at home. Would be happy if we kept that up.

Last edited:
We could do with at least 3-0 victories in both games, as +2 goal difference is not good enough for automatic promotion aspirations, as the current top 2 are both in double figures in the goals plus column

We could do with at least 3-0 victories in both games, as +2 goal difference is not good enough for automatic promotion aspirations, as the current top 2 are both in double figures in the goals plus column

If it all goes to plan, goals difference won't matter.

We do really have to be looking at 6 points from the next 2 games though. It really is time to start kicking on towards the top 2 or top 6 at least.

We do really have to be looking at 6 points from the next 2 games though. It really is time to start kicking on towards the top 2 or top 6 at least.

We are in agreement on the importance of the next two games. Even if we win them both we are still below the standard 2 points per game target. It's moving time.

Last edited:
SSL will come in for Mills, i thought Wellens did enough on Sunday to maybe get his place back, id love Beckford to find the form we know he is capable of, and im confident whatever team SGE puts out we can take all 3 pts. A possible 3 striker system may provide the width we need, both Nugent and Vassell have experience of this system
Ihope SSL fits in ok (if he reproduces international form he will be fine), im going for a 2-0 win Beckford King

Kasper

Pantsil
SSL
Bamba
Peltier

Wellens
King
Abe
Johnson

Nugent
Beckford

Subs: Weale, Konchesky, Dyer, Schlupp & Vassell.

Score: 2-0 Beckford & Nugent.

Pretty sure we've hit 4 past Watford on each of the past 3 occasions we've played them at home.

4-1, 4-1, 4-2

Quite a few Prediction League teams are hoping that the trend will continue.

Last edited:
Phew! I thought we would be getting Pantsil for a minute.

Team should be. Kasper. Konchesky. Bamba. St ledger. Peltier. Dyer. King. Johnson. Vassell. Beckford. Nugent. Easy 3 0 victory for us.

Team should be. Kasper. Konchesky. Bamba. St ledger. Peltier. Dyer. King. Johnson. Vassell. Beckford. Nugent. Easy 3 0 victory for us.

Dyer to treat us to a goal the exact replica of Carr's for us to make it 4-1 vs Southampton all those years ago.

He'll have to become a bit more languid in style mind.

Sorted.

Well I, for one, would take six points from the next three games if offered them now (West Ham away being the third). I hope the mentality is much improved from Sunday, where I felt that we were more than happy to take a 0-0.

My guess (and the team that I would play), for what it's worth:
Kasper
Peltier
Bamba
SSL
Konchesky
Wellens
Fernandes
King
Danns
Beckford
Nugent

Hope the players' haven't got the same flippant attitude that some TB's have.

Football has got a habit of biting you in the arse.

Of course I'll take two home wins but don't believe it will be as easy as some may think.

With 3 games in a week I expect Sven to make more changes than the obligatory St Ledger for Mills.

I expect Beckford to start the next two games alongside Nugent. Sven may feel that Vassell needs a break. If he is as poor as some people have suggested we might as well find out now. If as I expect he is capable of better then good.
I expect Wellens to play - I thought he did better than Danns on Sunday.
I hope Johnson will start - if not now when. Perhaps Sven might feel that Abe needs a break.

Watford may well come for a point and be difficult to break down. I will be happy with a 1-0 win.

Results gone well tonight. Win tomorrow puts us 2 points behind west ham and boro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363