Leicester City Women

Does this mean that we qualify for the next round as we finished 3rd with 8 points, which is more than any other 3rd placed team?
We had to be the best 2nd place, which we would have been if the Manchester derby had gone the other way. Bit of a daft format this cup - losts of dead rubbers in the final set of ties

We had to be the best 2nd place, which we would have been if the Manchester derby had gone the other way. Bit of a daft format this cup - losts of dead rubbers in the final set of ties
Incredibly poorly-designed really. Group A was four Championship sides and Aston Villa, who scored 24 goals in 4 games. Group B was five WSL teams. City won three out of four (albeit one of which on penalties) and are out. Group C was four Championship sides. Whoever put this format together didn’t give a ****.

Incredibly poorly-designed really. Group A was four Championship sides and Aston Villa, who scored 24 goals in 4 games. Group B was five WSL teams. City won three out of four (albeit one of which on penalties) and are out. Group C was four Championship sides. Whoever put this format together didn’t give a ****.
And it's still better than your TB Awards format. ****.

So we have The Kop in goal? Is that something similar to parking the bus? And is it allowed?

I've just seen the goal. Nice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/67737852
(sorry, that link is to the general Todays Football for Women page on the BBC, but the goal is on there).

Willie Kirk saying on the BBC..
On Janice Cayman's goal: "I wasn't just thinking, 'Don't shoot,' I said it. Everyone on the bench heard me too. We have a big thing about not taking on those 1% shots, and trying to create good chances instead of taking pot shots.

"To be fair to Janice there was nothing between her and the goal, the space had opened up. She fancied herself and backed herself and that is Janice Cayman. She is a good decision maker, experience player and gives us a lot."

I've just seen the goal. Nice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/67737852
(sorry, that link is to the general Todays Football for Women page on the BBC, but the goal is on there).

Willie Kirk saying on the BBC..
On Janice Cayman's goal: "I wasn't just thinking, 'Don't shoot,' I said it. Everyone on the bench heard me too. We have a big thing about not taking on those 1% shots, and trying to create good chances instead of taking pot shots.

"To be fair to Janice there was nothing between her and the goal, the space had opened up. She fancied herself and backed herself and that is Janice Cayman. She is a good decision maker, experience player and gives us a lot."
You don’t hear of many women being called Janice any more, do you?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663