Leicester face questions about FFP

This rule is basically a sham that hasn’t been policed properly and now seemingly lots of clubs, including us, are falling foul of it. Shambles, really, but we’ve got no excuses if we haven’t followed it.

Impressive stuff if we have have broken the rules to be that shit.

Between 2019 and 2021, Top and friends went batshit crazy ignoring any consequences as we chased a Champions League place by throwing extraordinary contracts about like confetti.

Father dies. Son goes mental. It's a tale as old as time.

We'll be paying for it for a long time.

Not looking good is it if we need to make a £20.5m profit this year. Now I assume that we'll be able to include the sales we made of Maddison @ £40m and Barnes at £35m plus a fair few big earners off the books like Tielemans in that time but also relegation itself is going to see us with over £100m less to play with regard to balancing the books this season.....

The shitshow of last season continues to serve up yet more staggering incompetence.

Well always look on the bright side. At least it will make blowing a 12 pt lead and missing out on the autos more palatable knowing we'd be even more likely to come straight back down if we did go up....

Going up to the premier league is really not that appealing. I'm starting to ask myself what the point of it all is.

Between 2019 and 2021, Top and friends went batshit crazy ignoring any consequences as we chased a Champions League place by throwing extraordinary contracts about like confetti.

Father dies. Son goes mental. It's a tale as old as time.

We'll be paying for it for a long time.
To be fair the league does entice clubs to do this - "everything will be fine as long as you manage to make the top 4"

My question is once they've had a few seasons out of the champions league, how unbelievably ****ed will Man Yoo be?

To be fair the league does entice clubs to do this - "everything will be fine as long as you manage to make the top 4"

My question is once they've had a few seasons out of the champions league, how unbelievably ****ed will Man Yoo be?
It'll hit Chelsea first, as they never had the kind of commercial revenues to keep up. And of course, it couldn't happen to a nice club

I guess that we will encounter accountability questions if and when we return to the Premier League.

Quite reasonably, the Premier League and the EFL have different financial sustainability rules, but you would have thought that somebody knew that teams get promoted and relegated every season, so would have factored this into their regulatory framework.

This bit seems to be saying that we expect to report losses in excess of £15m for 22/23 season and more than £83m for 23/24 doesn't it?

So we will definitely breach the FL rules this season and the PL or FL rules next season. Remember that our losses for the last two published seasons was well over £120m.

1709752611640.png

I believe we have effectively told the FL to shove their financial rules up their arses.

Even more reason not to **** this up now as it really will be a dire situation if we don't get promoted.

Are Nicky Summerbee and Bill Mckinlay still playing??

I've said it for before but with all the money in football i can't believe those in charge haven't set up a central financial reporting system that's mandatory to submit monthly accounts to. The fact it's all scrutinised well after the benefit from any offence has long gone makes a mockery of what's supposed to be sporting.

Would create more accounts opportunities too and I'm sure we can all agree there's a societal benefit to having more accountants.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463